Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offensive Line talk after Panthers Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Cann - 3rd yr pro and he misses blocks repeatedly and is flagged for holding against backups? Another swing and a miss by Caldwell.
He's regressed as much as Bortles. I swear this team is going backwards.
Cann is the only guy from the 2015 draft who had any hope. I am guessing by 2019, half of Caldwells draft classes will no longer be on the roster
Both OG spots are a joke. Parnell and Cam play fine enough. Linder is Linder. The OGs SUUUCCCCCKKKKK. I'd rather trade for Pugh from the Giants than any QB being mentioned.
It feels like most of us saw this coming but man the guards have been bad so far. This is part of what bothers me about Marrone. He was the OL coach last year and moved up to be the HC. He has to have had some input with who we went after in the offseason but he felt we would be fine with what we had? Not impressive.
This was just what I feared. I didn't view Cam Robinson as a franchise LT and I was completely bewildered when we made absolutely no attempt to upgrade the OG position which was a complete disaster last season. Instead we sunk all of our money into a defense which has surrendered back to back games where teams have marched down the field and scored touchdowns on the opening drive. I believe you build an offense from the O-Line on up and so far this preseason, ours has been pathetic. At this point I'm ready to even trade Allen Robinson if it means getting a franchise OG in return. What good is having solid receivers when the O-Line is crap and our QB's are dismal? We don't have any standout OT's, but our OG's are just flat out terrible. Our starters are no better than other team's backups.
We drafted Smoot over some decent options for the oline.
(08-25-2017, 03:17 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]We drafted Smoot over some decent options for the oline.

Don't remind me.  Angry
(08-25-2017, 01:35 AM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]It feels like most of us saw this coming but man the guards have been bad so far.  This is part of what bothers me about Marrone.  He was the OL coach last year and moved up to be the HC.  He has to have had some input with who we went after in the offseason but he felt we would be fine with what we had?  Not impressive.

They went after Zeigler, but he turned down more money to go elsewhere. There's nothing you can do if a player simply doesn't want to sign with you.
I can agree with the points made here. We really dropped the ball on Beachum-for-Albert at OT. Beachum was not a "run first" LT, but he was serviceable with a good back behind him. He was also a good pass protector.. We also could have still drafted Cam, and moved him to G or RT, allowing us to keep a solid pass pro on our QB's blind side plus sure up the RT/G position. Instead we wasted a trade of JT for a bum soon to retire. There were a few OGs left in the 3rd/4th that really could have pushed for starting jobs here with the lackluster talent we have inside. Every little mishap the GM/FO has is adding up, I find it hard to believe Caldwell makes it past 2017. I think our line can be decent, but thats just not good enough for "win now" scenarios.
I'm serious here you guys. Gene Smith and Dave Caldwell aren't that much different from each other in terms of how badly they are ruining our favorite team. The big difference? Caldwell gets to stay around. 

I didn't watch the game last night. Willingly skipped my first Jaguars game ever. They're just friggin bad.
I was calling for Caldwell to sign the top guards in free agency but got blasted on here.
Man, the Houston defense must be licking their chops in anticipation. Clowney and Watts will probably get 3 or 4 sacks apiece. How in the world can a team have so many early first round picks and look so terrible?
(08-25-2017, 06:04 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: [ -> ]Man, the Houston defense must be licking their chops in anticipation. Clowney and Watts will probably get 3 or 4 sacks apiece. How in the world can a team have so many early first round picks and look so terrible?

Poor talent evaluation and poor talent development.  Bad scouts, bad GM, bad coaching staff.  We are screwed all around....
Maybe Luke can at least be solid.
(08-25-2017, 06:01 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]I was calling for Caldwell to sign the top guards in free agency but got blasted on here.

How do you know they didn't try?
(08-25-2017, 08:10 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2017, 06:01 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]I was calling for Caldwell to sign the top guards in free agency but got blasted on here.

How do you know they didn't try?

Come on man. We had the second most cap space. CCaldwell when asked even said he was happy with what we had.
(08-25-2017, 04:32 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]I can agree with the points made here. We really dropped the ball on Beachum-for-Albert at OT. Beachum was not a "run first" LT, but he was serviceable with a good back behind him. He was also a good pass protector.. We also could have still drafted Cam, and moved him to G or RT, allowing us to keep a solid pass pro on our QB's blind side plus sure up the RT/G position. Instead we wasted a trade of JT for a bum soon to retire. There were a few OGs left in the 3rd/4th that really could have pushed for starting jobs here with the lackluster talent we have inside. Every little mishap the GM/FO has is adding up, I find it hard to believe Caldwell makes it past 2017. I think our line can be decent, but thats just not good enough for "win now" scenarios.
I stopped reading after Beachum...
(08-25-2017, 05:39 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm serious here you guys. Gene Smith and Dave Caldwell aren't that much different from each other in terms of how badly they are ruining our favorite team. The big difference? Caldwell gets to stay around. 

I didn't watch the game last night. Willingly skipped my first Jaguars game ever. They're just friggin bad.

I didn't think this was possible......."this" being two totally incompetent GM's in a row.......but, it's becoming more and more reality, I'm afraid.
With Greg Robinson doing well in Detroit, maybe the Lions will cut Cyrus Kouandijo and we can sign him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4