Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Fournette practicing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time posting... I was curious to know if Fournette is practicing and are the Jags just being very cautious? Thanks
No. Maybe?
At this point, I would be tinkering with the idea of putting him on I.R. Here's why. Our O-Line is bad and our QB situation is a complete disaster. Nobody respects our passing game so defenses are just gonna stack the box and play the run. Last season the Rams were in the same situation. Their O-Line was just as bad as ours and Jared Goff looked like a deer in headlights. The entire offense was placed in the hands of Todd Gurley and everyone knew it. Defenses stacked the box and he had a miserable season. I don't wanna see that happen to Fournette. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't wanna see him get hurt or perhaps have a disastrous season messing with his confidence. He's a very talented guy, but he's likely to face an impossible situation this season.
Nah, he's injured as usual.
(08-25-2017, 02:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]At this point, I would be tinkering with the idea of putting him on I.R. Here's why. Our O-Line is bad and our QB situation is a complete disaster. Nobody respects our passing game so defenses are just gonna stack the box and play the run. Last season the Rams were in the same situation. Their O-Line was just as bad as ours and Jared Goff looked like a deer in headlights. The entire offense was placed in the hands of Todd Gurley and everyone knew it. Defenses stacked the box and he had a miserable season. I don't wanna see that happen to Fournette. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't wanna see him get hurt or perhaps have a disastrous season messing with his confidence. He's a very talented guy, but he's likely to face an impossible situation this season.

Ja ja. Why don't we just forfeit the season as well?  Skip right along to 2018. Or perhaps to 2019, so we groom the rook signal caller for a year?
(08-25-2017, 11:16 AM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2017, 02:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]At this point, I would be tinkering with the idea of putting him on I.R. Here's why. Our O-Line is bad and our QB situation is a complete disaster. Nobody respects our passing game so defenses are just gonna stack the box and play the run. Last season the Rams were in the same situation. Their O-Line was just as bad as ours and Jared Goff looked like a deer in headlights. The entire offense was placed in the hands of Todd Gurley and everyone knew it. Defenses stacked the box and he had a miserable season. I don't wanna see that happen to Fournette. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't wanna see him get hurt or perhaps have a disastrous season messing with his confidence. He's a very talented guy, but he's likely to face an impossible situation this season.

Ja ja. Why don't we just forfeit the season as well?  Skip right along to 2018. Or perhaps to 2019, so we groom the rook signal caller for a year?

Sounds good to me.
He has a toe injury, RB is the easiest position to come out and play, only thing him missing games and practices does not make him get beat up, he's gonna get a heavy load this year, no reason for him to get beat up in meaningless games