Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - What we learned: Panthers week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What we learned: Panthers week

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...f26139ebe9

Senior writer John Oehser examines what we learned about the Jaguars during this week’s practices leading to – and Thursday’s Week 3 preseason game against – the Carolina Panthers
They could retype any lessons from last season and change the date. This team is in a rut from one of the circles of hell. The more changes the more it stays the same. I don't know why we should expect anything different at this point. This might be the most agonizing season yet.
We learned Caldwell needs to be fired.

3 big problems with the Jaguars when GM Dave Caldwell took over: QB, O-Line and Pass Rush

Those same problems still exist entering year 5
(08-25-2017, 11:14 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]We learned Caldwell needs to be fired.

3 big problems with the Jaguars when GM Dave Caldwell took over: QB, O-Line and Pass Rush

I can't argue with that...and aside from a potential late round hit with Ngakoue, it seems there is no real potential or hope in these areas so far.
(08-25-2017, 11:14 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]We learned Caldwell needs to be fired.

The year before Caldwell took over the defense notched TWENTY (20) sacks.

Last year, the defense had 33.  Not great.  Not reminiscent of the '85 Bears or '90s Eagles...but better.

The year before Caldwell took over, the offense allowed 50 sacks.

Last year, they allowed 34.  Not great.  Not reminiscent of the Hogs, 90's Cowboys, or the early Brady era Pats...but better.

The HUGE problem is QB.   I can see missing on QB, though it sucks doing so, especially considering they coached Carr in the Senior Bowl.

I suspect they can manage a slight upgrade at G in final cuts, but how can they not have competency at G?  How can the same FO that landed Linder not have any quality guards?  Why did Cann regress so much?