Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Todd Wash Free Of Blame?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure that he is. 

Yeah, i know our D was on the field a lot last year and I know we had/have to up the talent in several spots, and I know we were ranked up there in YPG, but I'm not a fan of this guy.

Schematically, it doesn't seem as if he knows what to do with his talent. He doesn't know what to do with Jack, I still don't think they are using Jalen properly, situational coaching seems suspect (like having 3 tech DTs in the game on goal to go situations), and the defense is really basic. I'm not saying that he needs to be some Rex Ryan, but I think he is in over his head. He didn't impress me as a DL coach, and he isn't impressing me as a DC.

Am i crazy?

Thoughts?
It's preseason.

Blaming coordinators for anything at this point is premature.

Hold your horses, skippy.
Well he was the DC last year, so i'm including what i've seen since then.
I agree about the who preseason thing. Coordinators are not showing their playbooks right now. I want to see some blitzes from this team.
(08-25-2017, 06:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I agree about the who preseason thing.  Coordinators are not showing their playbooks right now. I want to see some blitzes from this team.

I saw several blitzes last night. They didn't work.
The defensive side of the ball is the least of my concerns going into this year.
the season hasnt even started, Jalen played like 1 drive LOL
(08-25-2017, 06:50 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Well he was the DC last year, so i'm including what i've seen since then.

Yeah, but he was basically the babysitter for Gus' defense last season. This year, it's his show. He's got an offensive-minded head coach, an offensive-minded EVP who should still be a head coach and no defensive masterminds breathing down his neck forcing him to use a LEO, whatever that was. It's his defense.
10 sacks

Hmmmmmm.

The tinhorns o-line is not good, but Wash seemed to scheme week one up pretty tight.
We still trynna hate on Wash, rocdee?
So we clarified the question the OP asked if he was crazy. Yes sir, indeed you are!
(08-25-2017, 06:43 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure that he is. 

Yeah, i know our D was on the field a lot last year and I know we had/have to up the talent in several spots, and I know we were ranked up there in YPG, but I'm not a fan of this guy.

Schematically, it doesn't seem as if he knows what to do with his talent. He doesn't know what to do with Jack, I still don't think they are using Jalen properly, situational coaching seems suspect (like having 3 tech DTs in the game on goal to go situations), and the defense is really basic. I'm not saying that he needs to be some Rex Ryan, but I think he is in over his head. He didn't impress me as a DL coach, and he isn't impressing me as a DC.

Am i crazy?

Thoughts?

OMG -- I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST POSTED TODAY
(09-13-2017, 09:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2017, 06:43 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure that he is. 

Am i crazy?

Thoughts?

OMG -- I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST POSTED TODAY

Sorry. I get a kick out of necro-bumping threads from preseason about playcalling. 

I mean... playcalling.. in the preseason...  what the hell???
LOL at fail OP thread.
The preseason is always a completely 100% accurate indicator of regular season success.