Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Marrone sandbagging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has he pulled off one of the biggest sandbags of all time?

Lulled the tinhorns and everyone else into a sense of ease when it come to playing the Jags?

His plan comes to fruition week one at tinhorns when the Jags play to their full potential with all starters?

Hopefully Banana Banana
This will happen. Guaranteed. Book it. Jay-g-wires win 31-10. BOOK IT
Posted a thought like this last game in the "rope-a-dope" thread. Still holding out hope for this.
Sorry guys, but we actually suck. Our season will once again be fraught will trial, travail, and disappointment.

Put down the pipe dreams.

BUT, there is always the outside possibility that our team gels and improves. That is my most hopeful anticipation. It would be nice to see Bortles exorcise his mental demons and the O-line to evolve into a singular unit. Keep hope alive!
Marrone probably had the O-line and D-line doing sleds before the game so it would "seem" as though both were weaknesses, but then agains the Tinhorns both lines just unleash all hell's fury and we have 300 yards rushing and get 8 sacks on D.
What's with the thread title changing?
I bet Marrone has a secret weapon and playbook that he just wasnt gonna start using until the start of the season..

tinhornbuttfaces 3
Jags 59
Hahahahahah

remember when we actually executed plays and the offense actually looked like it could move the ball? Yeah been along time. There is no sandbagging. Will this be the year we can get the first overall draft pick in franchise history?
Yep, we've got those Texans right where we want 'em Banana
Expectation, by BritJag

If you expect more from the players, they sense it and try to raise their game.

If you expect to be awful, as mere fans, players sense it too and help fulfill your miserable expectation.

Why would I as a player have additional pressures to produce if I know fans don't expect me to? Surely, I get paid millions to do my job, that should be enough motivation. Plus, I don't work for the fans, I work for the Jags, and they expect me to perform optimally.

But the walls have ears, especially in this information age, and yes they work for the fans too, because the fans are a part of the organization. A major part, and the biggest contingent.

We disregard the power of expectation and the psyche of a sports player.

I expect a division crown, and see no harm in spurring the players on to that end. Go Jags

(08-26-2017, 10:32 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Hahahahahah

There is no sandbagging.  Will this be the year we can get the first overall draft pick in franchise history?

Perhaps. So, it's fair to not hear any complaints or gripes from you and all those who expect a horrible season when they perform badly, right? I mean, if you expect them to be the worst this year, you should not be upset if they do in fact become just that. No? Or am I missing something?

Odds are the same muppets who expect a miserable season will cry the loudest in troubled times. Bewildering!
(08-26-2017, 10:08 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone probably had the O-line and D-line doing sleds before the game so it would "seem" as though both were weaknesses, but then agains the Tinhorns both lines just unleash all hell's fury and we have 300 yards rushing and get 8 sacks on D.

Hahaha. 

This has seriously been my secret hope.
Since when do people think NFL coaches do anything BUT sandbag in the preseason? The games don't count and showing your hand early hurts the regular season, this isn't new and it bugs the crap out me that people want the team to open up the playbook and gameplan for games that don't matter a lick.
Jags were decent against the Pack last year when we all knew they were hot garbage. I expect them to be game planning all summer for this game but there is no game plan against that D line. It will be a close game though.
I would like to think so, but I wouldn't think he would play the 1's as long as he did Thursday if that were so...Why take the risk of injury to the 1's if they were sandbagging?
(08-26-2017, 04:37 PM)wrong_box Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to think so, but I wouldn't think he would play the 1's as long as he did Thursday if that were so...Why take the risk of injury to the 1's if they were sandbagging?

He needed to evaluate both QBs with the ones.
Hou offense is hot garbage. If we don't turn ball over , we will be in game late
(08-26-2017, 05:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hou offense is hot garbage. If we don't turn ball over , we will be in game late

I would like to see some 5 WR sets with A Rob, Lee, Hurns, Westbrook, and Cole and see Bortles try and get the ball out fast
(08-26-2017, 05:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2017, 04:37 PM)wrong_box Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to think so, but I wouldn't think he would play the 1's as long as he did Thursday if that were so...Why take the risk of injury to the 1's if they were sandbagging?

He needed to evaluate both QBs with the ones.

not if he was sandbagging
Yea yea that's the ticket
Don't know, I'm hoping Fournette unleashes havoc on the tinhorns and tacks. Put up 200 yards rushing on them both, that's the dream.

Ramsey and Bouye get picks, shut em down all game.
Pages: 1 2 3