Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pick the true story.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you guys remember the Bjorn thread where you describe 3 things about yourself, but only 1 is true? Then the other posters tried to guess which one was true?

1) I pulled over a cop for speeding (sort of) ... I followed him for 5 miles until he pulled into a Mexican restaurant. I told him he was doing 65 in a 40 mph zone. He asked me for my license, registration, and proof of insurance.  He let me off with a warning for speeding behind him, and that he only wanted to see how fast I would go.

2) I would leave free weed for a Jaguars fan in a Cemetery at a pre-determined headstone.

3) I bowled a 274 game the same day that I shot a 69 in golf. My very 1st game ever under 70 ... actually my very 1st game under 73.

One of those is true, the other two are not. Which is true?

Post your own, and test the posters on this board to recognize the true story about yourself. Smile
I think Sammy's answer is 2

Here are mine:

1.  I almost got in academic trouble once in college.  My little brother in the fraternity copied my operational analysis work, but didn't bother to make changes to ensure we weren't caught.  I had to accept a zero on the project, even though he was the culprit.  Irony here is I had partially copied another brother's work as well, but I had made enough changes to ensure I wasn't caught copying anyone else's work.  So much for being "careful."

2.  Attended a private concert of The Statler Brothers in rural VA.  One of the former members had a birthday, so they agreed to play at his birthday party behind his restaurant for only a couple hundred people or so.

3.  I am an awful liar.  Both of these are true because I couldn't think of anything creatively false to stump you with.

Quote:Do you guys remember the Bjorn thread where you describe 3 things about yourself, but only 1 is true? Then the other posters tried to guess which one was true?

1) I pulled over a cop for speeding (sort of) ... I followed him for 5 miles until he pulled into a Mexican restaurant. I told him he was doing 65 in a 40 mph zone. He asked me for my license, registration, and proof of insurance.  He let me off with a warning for speeding behind him, and that he only wanted to see how fast I would go.

2) I would leave free weed for a Jaguars fan in a Cemetery at a pre-determined headstone.

3) I bowled a 274 game the same day that I shot a 69 in golf. My very 1st game ever under 70 ... actually my very 1st game under 73.

One of those is true, the other two are not. Which is true?

Post your own, and test the posters on this board to recognize the true story about yourself. Smile

I'll guess 3.

Mine

1. Met Blake Bortles on the beach last year. Tossed the football with him for about 15 min. Had a couple beers after.

2. Had lunch with Paul Tagliabue, Jerry Jones and Wayne Weaver.

3. Slapped a Colt fan chick on the [BLEEP] after a game. Got a battery charge, which was later dropped when plaintiff didn't appear.
I remember the thread: "Pics, or it didn't happen".  We found out that Bjorn likes coffee, Gabe could break dance, I can fly, and Sammy used to (spoiler) cliff dive.  Some pictures were posted of the correct guess.  It was pretty cool.

My guesses: 

Sammy, #2.  Last time I guessed he had been on Air Force 1 a couple times, and this is the exact opposite.

Pirk: #1.  All the band guys I know think of playing as "work", so I'd be surprised if #2 is true.

Ringo:  A seeming gimme, but I've slapped many a girl on the rear, and never got so much as a frown. I'm going with, unbelievably, #2.

Mine:

#1:  I was a student at UNF in the late 80s, and graduated in a small class of the new Natural Sciences department.  I walked in December instead of May, half a semester late.  Because of this, I have always been able to say I graduated top of my class.  Had it been in May, I would have been about #4.

#2:  I spent some time in New York City in 2001 dating a really, really, hot Slovakian woman that had a passing resemblance to our first lady.  I was working as a flight instructor just across the border in Morristown, NJ.  While I was enjoying flight instruction, my old boss called me and begged me to do a 4 month job in Washington state at about twice what he used to pay me.  I took a hiatus from the school, and arrived in Washington the day before September 11th.  Every flight instructor I was working with at the school lost their jobs.

#3.  Some of you know that I'm from another country, but many of you don't know my extended family moved mostly to Canada from there.  I have been visiting Toronto since I was 9.  As my family started to move around that country, I would visit them at their new residences.  First Montreal, then Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Calgary.  On one of my visits, I went on an Atlantic province tour with one of my cousins. As a result, I have been to every Canadian province, and the Yukon territory for good measure.  The only place I did not visit was the Northwest Territories, and my cousin Adam moved there a year ago.  It's next on my list if I can find the time.
Quote:I remember the thread: "Pics, or it didn't happen".  We found out that Bjorn likes coffee, Gabe could break dance, I can fly, and Sammy used to (spoiler) cliff dive.  Some pictures were posted of the correct guess.  It was pretty cool.

My guesses: 

Sammy, #2.  Last time I guessed he had been on Air Force 1 a couple times, and this is the exact opposite.

Jeez, you got a great memory. I got a pretty good memory, too ... Like that animal that is known for having a great memory. The name escapes me at the moment.

PS ... Marine One. Smile

Bjorn and the Coffee, good 1 ... His Cat puking was another classic.

Pirk ... I am going with #3

Ringo ... #1 has to be true .... #2 is easily false, and #3 can't be true. You don't have enough time in the day to slap the entire backside of a female Colts fan's butt. She wouldn't notice your puny hands, anyway.

Anon2012 ... If nothing else, you lie better than anyone I know. I am going to have to guess that #2 is correct.  I am going with that because I remember how handsome you were when we were posting pictures of ourselves, and you posted a picture of yourself with a broken leg (laying on your back on a couch).  Face was a little yellow IIRC, but I do remember ... I remember like that animal thing that also has a good memory.

Mine? .... #2 is correct. Can you guess the Jags fan? :woot:
1. I bowled my very first 300 game this year. That same night/morning I found myself sleeping in my front lawn with no recollection of how I got home.

2. I shooks hands with and hung out with Joe Frazier at my sister's wedding reception. He and his group, "The Knockouts", were the entertainment.

3. I once hit a guy in his back yard with an errant tee shot while he was watering his flowers.
1) I once got drunk and climbed the IHOP sign in OP and stole the letter E off the word "House"..

2) I once got drunk at Shades a long time ago, got into a fight in the bathroom, knocked the guy out and urinated on his face.

3) I once got into a fight with my neighbor about his dogs tearing up my trash and I went after him with a steak knife.
1. I was a beer truck driver for seven years and I did a delivery once at Stone Cold Steve Austin's house in Texas. He said he'd tip me $500 if he was allowed to give me a Stone Cold Stunner. 

2. I have never voted during a presidential election. 

3. I once smoked a joint with Rick Simpson down in Texas during one of his demonstrations on how he creates his oil for medical treatment. 
Late to the thread, I would have guessed #3 for Sammy, but not surprised it was #2. I have no guess about the lucky fan's identity but would love to know the back story.

Is Pirk throwing us a curve with #3? If so, #1 seems too detailed not to be true.

I don't think any of Ringo's are true, especially #3. I've never heard of getting your battery charged as punishment.

Anon - #2, but the part about the hot woman had no relevance to the story. +1 for working it in to the story.

ociR -  #1, mainly because, yeah, bowling and drinking.

DW likely dreamed of #2 and #3, but #1 seems appropriately pointless.

1. I was enjoying a pre-concert spliff with my late friend Rick in his van parked near the alley that ran beside the Florida Theater. A tour bus came up behind us and the driver got out to ask us to move, smiling a bit when he smelled the weed. We circled the block and parked behind the bus to resume our routine. The people on the bus starting getting out, we saw the bus driver point us out to the next person to emerge, who turned out to be the concert headliner, Ziggy Marley. Ziggy and a guy we learned later was his brother Stephan came over to thank us, then both accepted our offer of a toke off our spliff.

2. I celebrated my 50th birthday at Ted's Montana Grill in Nashville on a Saturday night before the Jaguars were scheduled to play the titans, the second phase of my birthday celebration. Wayne and Dolores Weaver were there with another couple. I wanted to introduce myself and thank the Weavers for bringing the NFL to Jacksonville, especially because the franchise was awarded on my birthday several years prior. I was drunk enough to think that would mean something to Mr. Weaver, so after waiting for an opportunity (the ladies went to powder their noses) I went to his table and thanked him. He could not have been more gracious, insisting I wait for Mrs. Weaver to meet her. After they left and our party was ready to go, we were told Mr. Weaver had picked up the check.

3. While in high school in Orange Park I worked at Townsend's Pharmacy as their delivery boy. Yes, pharmacies delivered medication, including narcotics, back in the 70s. One delivery was to the apartment of the son of Mr. Townsend's bookkeeper, who happened to be a flamboyant, obese gay man. This wasn't a guess, he made sure everyone know he was gay. Let's call him Mr. X. When I knocked on his apartment door another man (Mr. Y) answered, wearing a robe. As I was delivering narcotics I required Mr. X's signature, and when he came to the door he was also wearing a robe.

About a month later I stopped at a 4-way stop on Plainfield Avenue. I know I stopped because a seed popped in the joint I was smoking and I had to stop to deal with the ashes. As soon as I proceeded through the intersection, a cop pulled behind me, barked his siren and flashed his blue lights. I was sure I was busted, but when the cop came to my window to tell me I'd run the stop sign it turned out to be Mr. Y, who recognized me and sent me off with a warning.

Quote:Late to the thread, I would have guessed #3 for Sammy, but not surprised it was #2. I have no guess about the lucky fan's identity but would love to know the back story.

Is Pirk throwing us a curve with #3? If so, #1 seems too detailed not to be true.

I don't think any of Ringo's are true, especially #3. I've never heard of getting your battery charged as punishment.

Anon - #2, but the part about the hot woman had no relevance to the story. +1 for working it in to the story.

ociR -  #1, mainly because, yeah, bowling and drinking.

DW likely dreamed of #2 and #3, but #1 seems appropriately pointless.

1. I was enjoying a pre-concert spliff with my late friend Rick in his van parked near the alley that ran beside the Florida Theater. A tour bus came up behind us and the driver got out to ask us to move, smiling a bit when he smelled the weed. We circled the block and parked behind the bus to resume our routine. The people on the bus starting getting out, we saw the bus driver point us out to the next person to emerge, who turned out to be the concert headliner, Ziggy Marley. Ziggy and a guy we learned later was his brother Stephan came over to thank us, then both accepted our offer of a toke off our spliff.

2. I celebrated my 50th birthday at Ted's Montana Grill in Nashville on a Saturday night before the Jaguars were scheduled to play the titans, the second phase of my birthday celebration. Wayne and Dolores Weaver were there with another couple. I wanted to introduce myself and thank the Weavers for bringing the NFL to Jacksonville, especially because the franchise was awarded on my birthday several years prior. I was drunk enough to think that would mean something to Mr. Weaver, so after waiting for an opportunity (the ladies went to powder their noses) I went to his table and thanked him. He could not have been more gracious, insisting I wait for Mrs. Weaver to meet her. After they left and our party was ready to go, we were told Mr. Weaver had picked up the check.

3. While in high school in Orange Park I worked at Townsend's Pharmacy as their delivery boy. Yes, pharmacies delivered medication, including narcotics, back in the 70s. One delivery was to the apartment of the son of Mr. Townsend's bookkeeper, who happened to be a flamboyant, obese gay man. This wasn't a guess, he made sure everyone know he was gay. Let's call him Mr. X. When I knocked on his apartment door another man (Mr. Y) answered, wearing a robe. As I was delivering narcotics I required Mr. X's signature, and when he came to the door he was also wearing a robe.

About a month later I stopped at a 4-way stop on Plainfield Avenue. I know I stopped because a seed popped in the joint I was smoking and I had to stop to deal with the ashes. As soon as I proceeded through the intersection, a cop pulled behind me, barked his siren and flashed his blue lights. I was sure I was busted, but when the cop came to my window to tell me I'd run the stop sign it turned out to be Mr. Y, who recognized me and sent me off with a warning.

I know the answer, because you've actually told this story here before...
My lie was the Statler Brothers.  It was actually The Guess Who.  And yes, I'm such a bad liar I had to tell a true story and change the band's name.

Quote:My lie was the Statler Brothers.  It was actually The Guess Who.  And yes, I'm such a bad liar I had to tell a true story and change the band's name.

Mine was the most unrealistic sounding of the three.  I hung out with Joe Frazier for a couple of hours after my sister's wedding reception.  Nice enough guy, but let's just say I could tell he'd taken one too many blows to the noggin'.
Number 2 was true. I did have lunch with Tagliabue, Jerry Jones and Wayne Weaver. Have pics.

It was when Jags got the team and they had a shindig downtown.

I asked Jones, since teams had to give up some players, if he'd part with Emmitt Smith since he went to school right down the road.

I got a polite...ummm...no.

Number 3 was close, but no arrest. It was three drunk colt fans who pushed over an older fella outside the stadium. Couldn't let that happen, tho there ended up more than a slap...let's just say his Manning jersey was ruined.

Caldrac...3

Winger Dinger...1,2 and 3

RJ....3

Anon...2

Prolly all wrong...y'all some good bull piss artists
Quote:I know the answer, because you've actually told this story here before...

I know, but doubted anyone would remember.
Quote:I know, but doubted anyone would remember.
<=== like a steel trap, baby.  Unfortunately, both a blessing and curse.

RJ's was #3, and one of the best gay/cop/narcotics stories I've ever heard.

Winger, I'll go with #1 and hope you didn't do a big #2.  That's mean, bro.

Caldrac, going with #3, with #1 definitely being fake.  Steve Austin never has to pay.

I'd probably have gone with #3 with Oci.

Mine was #2.  I have pics to prove every part of the story.  I mentioned the hot chick simply because none of you would have thought I'd have spent time in New York for any reason, so it established motive.  Others would have been thrown by the fact that I actually dated someone that hot.  Oh, and also because it put a smile on my face remembering everything before 9/11.  And because I've dated a super hot middle European chick, and like to mention it, oh, within 15 minutes of meeting anyone.

As for the Canadian story, I actually do have a bunch of Canadian relatives, but have only been to Toronto once.  I've been to Winnipeg and Vancouver, too, but nowhere else.  If you think the US has no competition, take a visit, 'cause it's awesome.  Except for that whole cold thing.

I DID attend UNF, DID graduate winter semester, but wasn't within spitting distance of the top of my class.
Quote: 

<div> 
Mine? .... #2 is correct. Can you guess the Jags fan? :woot:

</div>

Sec231Beast?
Quote:Sec231Beast?

Son of a behind you have a great memory.  It wasn't Sec231Beast, though ... I did buy him (and his wife iirc) a beer at a Colts game in Indy. The same game (rookie) Cox picked off Manning in the endzone.
Quote:1) I once got drunk and climbed the IHOP sign in OP and stole the letter E off the word "House"..

2) I once got drunk at Shades a long time ago, got into a fight in the bathroom, knocked the guy out and urinated on his face.

3) I once got into a fight with my neighbor about his dogs tearing up my trash and I went after him with a steak knife.

You should have started #3 with ... "I once got drunk"

I was a bit disappointed when I got to #3 and it didn't start like the first 2. :yes:
I was going with #1 on yours RJ ... But, all of them were well done, so I was going back & forth on all of them.

Back story on mine was a Jags fan asked me (text) if I knew where he could get some ... I went to a nearby Cemetery, and put some (baggie) on the base of a headstone and sent him a text on the location. This proceeded to happen a few times (free, I don't sale).  Never did meet him.

Quote:RJ's was #3, and one of the best gay/cop/narcotics stories I've ever heard.

As a follow-up to my story, the cop in question was eventually fired and arrested for getting sex from guys and girls in exchange for ignoring traffic offenses.

Quote:I was going with #1 on yours RJ ... But, all of them were well done, so I was going back & forth on all of them.

#1 was inspired by an actual event, but it was Steel Pulse roadies at The Milk Bar.

Quote:Back story on mine was a Jags fan asked me (text) if I knew where he could get some ... I went to a nearby Cemetery, and put some (baggie) on the base of a headstone and sent him a text on the location. This proceeded to happen a few times (free, I don't sale).  Never did meet him.

Was the cemetery in Indianapolis or Jacksonville?
Pages: 1 2