Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can we just fast forward to the end of this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can you guys believe we have to put up with this crap for another 7 weeks until the merciful end? The best part of this season will be black Monday.

Telvin says no Big Grin:  Jaguars LB Telvin Smith refuses to believe the Jaguars' season is essentially over: "We can still go 7-0 and make the run. The day you lose hope is the day you give up and that's what I refuse to do."

Quote:Telvin says no Big Grin: Jaguars LB Telvin Smith refuses to believe the Jaguars' season is essentially over: "We can still go 7-0 and make the run. The day you lose hope is the day you give up and that's what I refuse to do."

Lol
Quote:Can you guys believe we have to put up with this crap for another 7 weeks until the merciful end? The best part of this season will be black Monday.

We have seven more weeks to hope Jacksonville shows some improvement, not "put up with this crap." Another post clearly intended to spout negativity when we should be looking for positives.
Quote:We have seven more weeks to hope Jacksonville shows some improvement, not "put up with this crap." Another post clearly intended to spout negativity when we should be looking for positives.

Can you find some, then?
Quote:Can you find some, then?
Robinson is making some sweet catches and Lee is out preforming Hurns.  Who still is all but absent.  And Ramsey is fun to watch. 

Quote:Robinson is making some sweet catches and Lee is out preforming Hurns.  Who still is all but absent.  And Ramsey is fun to watch. 

Bortles is trying really hard to put all of our receivers in the concussion protocol.  The football says Quack
Quote:Robinson is making some sweet catches and Lee is out preforming Hurns.  Who still is all but absent.  And Ramsey is fun to watch. 

I was being facetious.
All 3 are comparable in yards pretty close. You could argue all 3 of their numbers could be better with better throws in some games.

Receptions         Yards          avg         Td           Drops

Robinson    48                      549             11.4         5             2

Hurns         33                      456             13.8         2            5

Lee         38                     492              12.9        0            2

Quote:Telvin says no Big Grin:  Jaguars LB Telvin Smith refuses to believe the Jaguars' season is essentially over: "We can still go 7-0 and make the run. The day you lose hope is the day you give up and that's what I refuse to do."

As much as I respect the Jaguars and the collective fan base,  Jim Caldwell took coach speak to a new level today.   Rightfully so,  Coach Caldwell should be very concerned about this game.  But what he mentioned,  no one will take seriously:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/li.../93808092/

While Lions players had all of last week off, Caldwell and his staff spent the early part of the week in Allen Park before resting Thursday-Sunday.

They used the time to start game planning for Sunday's opponent, the 2-7 Jacksonville Jaguars, a team Caldwell insisted has "done a tremendous job" despite its record. They also self-scouted their own tendencies from their 5-4 start.

I'm kind of there too. I just can't wait for the changes to come

And Yeldon is a good pass catcher in the backfield.
Could we get three 1,000 yard receivers?
Quote:Robinson is making some sweet catches and Lee is out preforming Hurns. Who still is all but absent. And Ramsey is fun to watch.
And you didn't want Ramsey.....
Quote:Could we get three 1,000 yard receivers?

When was the last time any team had three 1,000 yard receivers? Most teams don't have two of them.
[Image: ibkkww.jpg]

Quote:We have seven more weeks to hope Jacksonville shows some improvement, not "put up with this crap." Another post clearly intended to spout negativity when we should be looking for positives.
I can understand why a professional player would refuse to give up hope as they have a financial investment (their careers) at stake. For those us of who don't have a tangible investment in the Jags however, we can be realist. No one here is spouting any negativity that this team hasn't gone above and beyond to earn. 

You... on the other hand, make your insincerity about being a Jags fan obvious by your 'pie in the sky' disengaged outlook on the reality of this teams situation. It's your right to live in a dream world on this forum... I guess; but you should not be arrogantly condescending to the loyal Jags fans (not closet trolls who support other teams like the broncos) because they call it they way they see it.
Quote:Can you guys believe we have to put up with this crap for another 7 weeks until the merciful end? The best part of this season will be black Monday.

Take long walks, grow some winter vegetables, brew your own beer, learn a foreign language, and paint your house.  It'll be over soon.  
Quote:  As much as I respect the Jaguars and the collective fan base,  Jim Caldwell took coach speak to a new level today.   Rightfully so,  Coach Caldwell should be very concerned about this game.  But what he mentioned,  no one will take seriously:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/li.../93808092/

While Lions players had all of last week off, Caldwell and his staff spent the early part of the week in Allen Park before resting Thursday-Sunday.

They used the time to start game planning for Sunday's opponent, the 2-7 Jacksonville Jaguars, a team Caldwell insisted has "done a tremendous job" despite its record. They also self-scouted their own tendencies from their 5-4 start.

I like the self-scouted their own tendencies.  Do we ever get an indication that we put in any planning?  Mainly we see practice stories and how well they did in those practices.
Quote:I like the self-scouted their own tendencies.  Do we ever get an indication that we put in any planning?  Mainly we see practice stories and how well they did in those practices.

Regarding the Jaguars,   I'm not sure to what extent it can be blamed on coaching,  compared to QB play and an an inconsistent running game.   But one thing that stands out that's clearly holding the team back is the inability to score a TD on the team's opening drive.    I would be interesting seeing  how many minutes this season the team has played with a lead.   The Colts game in London was in essence the exception to the vast majority of the season.

Having said this,  the Lions are coming off a bye.  Two things that concerns me about the upcoming game from a Lions perspective is the team could come out flat.and how the Lions handle expectations when most people expect the team to win the game.    That much more with the NFC North rival Vikings being the Lions Thanksgiving Day opponent 4 days later. 
Pages: 1 2