Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Cole doesn't drop that pass...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Then Henne is your starter. Cole would have scored and Henne's numbers would look way better.
I'm sure Marrone decides his QB by looking at the stat sheet.
Henne simply doesn't pass the eye test. Too slow, too indecisive, too bad.
I was being serious 329. If Cole don't drop that bomb Henne threw then there's no check down Chad the next day and He would have started week 1.

Stroud, I know.....

But if Cole catches that pass, Henne is your starter. I know all his traits.
I'm being serious too, you think Marrone doesn't count those two passes as Touchdowns for Chad? I'm sure they watch every throw from each QB and determine what was on the QB and what was on the WRs, including missed plays.
As Jags239 said I sincerely doubt it. Henne was never going to be the starter. Roll with Bortles and hope for the best for now. Help is not on the way.
Chad started to open it up right before he was pulled. However, the first quarter and a half was ridiculously painful to watch. He has to make his reads sooner or give his guys a fighting chance, but he prefers not to take those risks. Blake does; he's just terrible at making reads. With a dominant run game, Henne would be the smart play. If the Jags can't impose their will on other teams, I have no idea what is the better option for this team.

Both guys are going to be bad at generating points on their own. Blake has more upside, but more risk. Henne needs the run game to be effective. Pick your poison.
I'm sure the coaches also take into account that the QB is going to have to run for his life behind that turnstile of an O-line all season. Bortles can at a least do that.
I think it was the three sacks that did henne in and all the 3 and outs
(08-26-2017, 11:15 AM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure the coaches also take into account that the QB is going to have to run for his life behind that turnstile of an O-line all season. Bortles can at a least do that.

And fumble in the process. Especially if backed up close to the opposing goal line. But Henne is still worse. Confused
(08-26-2017, 11:17 AM)realtorpat Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was the three sacks that did henne in and all the 3 and outs
All that and the ten consecutive years of suckness.
I'm sure many will disagree but I believe who plays quarterback is less of a factor than whether the offensive line can effectively run block. If we cannot run the ball than this season will be a failure no matter who is the quarterback.
(08-26-2017, 11:15 AM)Last42min Wrote: [ -> ]Chad started to open it up right before he was pulled. However, the first quarter and a half was ridiculously painful to watch. He has to make his reads sooner or give his guys a fighting chance, but he prefers not to take those risks. Blake does; he's just terrible at making reads. With a dominant run game, Henne would be the smart play. If the Jags can't impose their will on other teams, I have no idea what is the better option for this team.

Both guys are going to be bad at generating points on their own. Blake has more upside, but more risk. Henne needs the run game to be effective. Pick your poison.

I know which one I'm choosing.  I do not ever want to see Henne as the starter here.  He serves his purpose fine as QB2.  Give me the upside with greater risk over what we've seen with Henne every time.  If we're going to suck, at least let there be some excitement along with it.  Henne does not provide that.
If we actually get a run game going then our receivers will have more room to run and pocket should be cleaner. When the pocket is clean Bortles has shown he can make qb look easy. Its just that it never really is
(08-26-2017, 11:04 AM)RJags239 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm being serious too, you think Marrone doesn't count those two passes as Touchdowns for Chad? I'm sure they watch every throw from each QB and determine what was on the QB and what was on the WRs, including missed plays.

You would think so, yes.  But this is the same "they" that did nothing to address multiple "elephant in the room situations" to begin with, with the whole world laughing at their blindness (except us PO'd fans). So count me not confident in even the most simple logic coming from them. 

All that said, I'll say it yet again, if BB is our qb I hope he does well. I think he's a good guy, the Jags are my team, so I'm cheering for him. I just honestly don't think he can, my eyes tell me he doesn't and never had the skills, and I'm tired of hoping after all these suck years.

(08-26-2017, 12:14 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]If we actually get a run game going then our receivers will have more room to run and pocket should be cleaner. When the pocket is clean Bortles has shown he can make qb look easy. Its just that it never really is

A guy who can't throw the football well will never make qb look easy in the NFL. Those were 2 pretty clean pockets against the Bucs a couple weeks ago, yet more inaccurate ducks came out.
(08-26-2017, 12:25 PM)keeper88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2017, 11:04 AM)RJags239 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm being serious too, you think Marrone doesn't count those two passes as Touchdowns for Chad? I'm sure they watch every throw from each QB and determine what was on the QB and what was on the WRs, including missed plays.

You would think so, yes.  But this is the same "they" that did nothing to address multiple "elephant in the room situations" to begin with, with the whole world laughing at their blindness (except us PO'd fans). So count me not confident in even the most simple logic coming from them. 

All that said, I'll say it yet again, if BB is our qb I hope he does well. I think he's a good guy, the Jags are my team, so I'm cheering for him. I just honestly don't think he can, my eyes tell me he doesn't and never had the skills, and I'm tired of hoping after all these suck years.

(08-26-2017, 12:14 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]If we actually get a run game going then our receivers will have more room to run and pocket should be cleaner. When the pocket is clean Bortles has shown he can make qb look easy. Its just that it never really is

A guy who can't throw the football well will never make qb look easy in the NFL.  Those were 2 pretty clean pockets against the Bucs a couple weeks ago, yet more inaccurate ducks came out.

I agree, I thought they should have brought in competition and signed one of the FA Olinemen. Comparing Chad and Bortles this preseason I think Bortles offers more so I agree with them as far as "just them two". Still, falls on Caldwell and/or Coughlin regardless for this mess at QB and Oline.