Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump's Economic Policies WORK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
US revised second-quarter GDP up 3.0% vs 2.7% rise expected
  • The U.S. economy grew faster than initially thought in the second quarter, notching its quickest pace in more than two years.
  • There are signs that the momentum was sustained at the start of the third quarter.
  • Gross domestic product increased at a 3.0 percent annual rate in the April-June period, the Commerce Department said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/30/us-revis...r-gdp.html
Political gridlock is a beautiful thing sometimes. Lets nonsense expire and people work. Deregulation helps too.
I don't think anyone is disputing Trump's economic prowess.
These are all of Obamas left over policies having all this success. Trump hasn't done crap.
(08-30-2017, 07:04 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anyone is disputing Trump's economic prowess.

(08-30-2017, 08:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]These are all of Obamas left over policies having all this success. Trump hasn't done crap.

Is this opposite day?
Not buying into it. Sounds like hypocrisy to me. Just about seven to eight months ago he was out running around and saying to us not to buy into the numbers. That it's a lie. The unemployment rate isn't 5% it's 20% or higher, blah, blah, blah, blah. The same health insurance is in effect. That means employers are still moving around their hours with their work force. That 1M increase. Is it 1M full-time employees or is it just another 1M 29 hour work week, low paying, crappy jobs?

Is it more older people out there working these crappy jobs because the retirement money isn't affordable to live off on? Is it still the younger kids out there struggling for work and not engaging enough in the labor force participation numbers because there's nothing there? This is why people voted for him. It's early. I'll give him time. But don't come out here to the people and say you've done this and done that when you were out parading around the idea about the stock market popping because it was just a big fat ugly bubble.

Not much has changed. The market is still bloated. The employment is still the same. Just don't come out there and take credit for things that you were [BLEEP] all over earlier this year. Stay honest with your voter base. You're supposed to drain the swamp and a lot of moves appear to give off the notion that you're in fact filling it up with water. 

"The numbers were phony in the past, but they're very real now" - Spicer - HAHAHAHAH, HEHEHEHEHEHE.....so very funny.....  Wallbash
(08-31-2017, 07:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Not buying into it. Sounds like hypocrisy to me. Just about seven to eight months ago he was out running around and saying to us not to buy into the numbers. That it's a lie. The unemployment rate isn't 5% it's 20% or higher, blah, blah, blah, blah. The same health insurance is in effect. That means employers are still moving around their hours with their work force. That 1M increase. Is it 1M full-time employees or is it just another 1M 29 hour work week, low paying, crappy jobs?

Is it more older people out there working these crappy jobs because the retirement money isn't affordable to live off on? Is it still the younger kids out there struggling for work and not engaging enough in the labor force participation numbers because there's nothing there? This is why people voted for him. It's early. I'll give him time. But don't come out here to the people and say you've done this and done that when you were out parading around the idea about the stock market popping because it was just a big fat ugly bubble.

Not much has changed. The market is still bloated. The employment is still the same. Just don't come out there and take credit for things that you were [BLEEP] all over earlier this year. Stay honest with your voter base. You're supposed to drain the swamp and a lot of moves appear to give off the notion that you're in fact filling it up with water. 

"The numbers were phony in the past, but they're very real now" - Spicer - HAHAHAHAH, HEHEHEHEHEHE.....so very funny.....  Wallbash

I'd say it takes about 2 years to see the lasting effects of any economic policy change, if those numbers continue to grow and he can hit over 3% for the year going into the following year we may have something.  It is too early to know at this point.
Every jobs report was fake before Trump took office. Now they are real. (Oy vey..)
(08-31-2017, 09:26 AM)realtorpat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 07:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Not buying into it. Sounds like hypocrisy to me. Just about seven to eight months ago he was out running around and saying to us not to buy into the numbers. That it's a lie. The unemployment rate isn't 5% it's 20% or higher, blah, blah, blah, blah. The same health insurance is in effect. That means employers are still moving around their hours with their work force. That 1M increase. Is it 1M full-time employees or is it just another 1M 29 hour work week, low paying, crappy jobs?

I'd say it takes about 2 years to see the lasting effects of any economic policy change, if those numbers continue to grow and he can hit over 3% for the year going into the following year we may have something.  It is too early to know at this point.

It's very early. I'll give him time of course. But I think for those who keep thinking he's Ronald Reagan 2.0 are really shooting too high for the moon here. Trump inherited a huge mess due to a lot of Obummer's policies and sand traps that were set in place thanks to his health insurance plans. He had eight years to try and repair some of the shortcomings that Bush Jr. left behind but he only compounded it and thus made it worse. He especially went soft on the major role players responsible for getting us into that mess to begin with. But, hey, that's what happens when you're bought off by Wallstreet.

This isn't something I see our country getting out of anytime soon. I think it'll actually take an economic miracle to save us from going into another 2008 slump like we did. And I am not much of a believer in miracles. And I really feel like it's going in that direction again. Trump won't be able to fix all of this on his watch.

I just want to see him stay more truthful and honest with the voters that trusted him and had faith in him. He's too lopsided now with what he's saying about this "growth". It's just inflation. That's all it is. And that doesn't benefit the little bit of working class we have left. This only benefits the Government and the institutionalized debtors.
Eat the poor!
(08-31-2017, 10:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Eat the poor!

It's really hard when they are so scarce in our society. They're like Nessie or the Yeti, mostly legend and myth.