Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CNN Stages Fake Rescue of Man in Houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CNN has officially reached a new low. Staging the rescue of a man from a flooded truck.

https://twitter.com/IWillRedPillYou/stat...1192327169
What do you expect from the leader in Fake News
"In other news, Don, the sky is still blue, though there are confirmed reports of it falling."
Get the [BLEEP] out of here! Seriously? That's just sad and pathetic. That really is a new low. Even for them.
I was watching when this happened, that Twitter thread is misleading. There was a long gap between the truck going into the water and the driver getting rescued and interviewed. There was no attempt to portray the reporter as actually rescuing him from the water when it happened in real time.

Was the reporter dramatic? Sure, but it was a dramatic moment. You guys have been trained to believe everything on CNN is fake news, I'm not surprised you by into a Tweet as proof. That is where you get your commands from your Emperor, after all.
(08-31-2017, 02:21 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]I was watching when this happened, that Twitter thread is misleading. There was a long gap between the truck going into the water and the driver getting rescued and interviewed. There was no attempt to portray the reporter as actually rescuing him from the water when it happened in real time.

Was the reporter dramatic? Sure, but it was a dramatic moment. You guys have been trained to believe everything on CNN is fake news, I'm not surprised you by into a Tweet as proof. That is where you get your commands from your Emperor, after all.

LOL. "Emperor". He's not my emperor. Didn't vote for him. But you can go back further than Trump's "Fake News" to see and realize CNN has engaged in a lot of misleading information or fake news in the past. I won't leave out FOX here either in fairness. They're both full of [BLEEP] at the end of the day more times than not. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_controversies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_controversies

Pick your poison or "lesser of two evils". They're both garbage.
(08-31-2017, 02:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 02:21 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]I was watching when this happened, that Twitter thread is misleading. There was a long gap between the truck going into the water and the driver getting rescued and interviewed. There was no attempt to portray the reporter as actually rescuing him from the water when it happened in real time.

LOL. "Emperor". He's not my emperor. Didn't vote for him. But you can go back further than Trump's "Fake News" to see and realize CNN has engaged in a lot of misleading information or fake news in the past. I won't leave out FOX here either in fairness. They're both full of [BLEEP] at the end of the day more times than not. 

Whatever, this was not a case of fake news, it was a very misleading Twitter thread swallowed hook, line and sinker.
(08-31-2017, 09:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 02:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. "Emperor". He's not my emperor. Didn't vote for him. But you can go back further than Trump's "Fake News" to see and realize CNN has engaged in a lot of misleading information or fake news in the past. I won't leave out FOX here either in fairness. They're both full of [BLEEP] at the end of the day more times than not. 

Whatever, this was not a case of fake news, it was a very misleading Twitter thread swallowed hook, line and sinker.

I understand where you're coming from. But you can't fault most people for jumping to conclusions or not being all that shocked or surprised anymore when both of these networks have been caught staging events in the past. You start losing credibility naturally.
I saw it. There was nothing fake about it. A CNN reporter was doing a standup when a truck drove into a ditch and started floating down stream. So naturally, the reporter runs over there and helps pull the driver out of the truck. Not that impressive, but not at all fake either.

(08-31-2017, 09:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 02:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. "Emperor". He's not my emperor. Didn't vote for him. But you can go back further than Trump's "Fake News" to see and realize CNN has engaged in a lot of misleading information or fake news in the past. I won't leave out FOX here either in fairness. They're both full of [BLEEP] at the end of the day more times than not. 

Oh, you mean kind of like the one your people fell for with Obama serving soup to hurricane Harvey victims?

I'll give credit where credit is due. You defend fake news and idiocracy like I have never seen before.
(09-01-2017, 11:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

(08-31-2017, 09:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever, this was not a case of fake news, it was a very misleading Twitter thread swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Oh, you mean kind of like the one your people fell for with Obama serving soup to hurricane Harvey victims?

I'll give credit where credit is due. You defend fake news and idiocracy like I have never seen before.

You fell for a fake Twitter thread, and your defense is "Yeah, but Obama!".

Trumpettes are so predictable.
(09-01-2017, 12:45 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 11:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you mean kind of like the one your people fell for with Obama serving soup to hurricane Harvey victims?

You fell for a fake Twitter thread, and your defense is "Yeah, but Obama!".

Laughing

I have to admit it's truly fun watching yall's banter going back and forth. Like a pair of Grumpy Old Men.  Big Grin

[Image: Grumpy-Men-560.jpg]

At the end of the day. We're all U.S Citizens. And we all bleed red. Someday maybe what Ronald Reagan once said about an Alien Invasion coming down would hopefully unite us all as one and we put all our B.S aside. 

But, for now, until Star Wars becomes a reality. 

[Image: box-engarde.jpg]

It's just a good thing the reporter had time for a wardrobe change before rescuing the driver.  You never know what's in that water.
You know what the problem is here?  Twitter.

People today think that a Twitter feed is "real news" and run with it.

I don't like or watch CNN but I have no doubt in my mind that the CNN reporter tried to help as much as possible in this situation and the camera operator kept the tape rolling.  I suspect that the "wardrobe change" probably happened after the reporter initially went into the water (the water temp is probably pretty low).  He possibly went back to his truck/van and put on a pair of rain pants to aid in keeping him warm (just my speculation) and went back to the situation.

As much as I don't like CNN, I certainly don't buy the whole "staged" thing, especially if the source is Twitter.
(09-01-2017, 01:48 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]

It's just a good thing the reporter had time for a wardrobe change before rescuing the driver.  You never know what's in that water.

There was no attempt by CNN to adjust the timeline or make it appear the reporter rescued the man in real time. That was my beef with that Twitter thread. It's not like you have to fabricate stuff to dig at CNN, they provide enough fodder on their own.
(09-01-2017, 01:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 12:45 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]You fell for a fake Twitter thread, and your defense is "Yeah, but Obama!".

Laughing

I have to admit it's truly fun watching yall's banter going back and forth. Like a pair of Grumpy Old Men.  Big Grin

[Image: Grumpy-Men-560.jpg]

At the end of the day. We're all U.S Citizens. And we all bleed red. Someday maybe what Ronald Reagan once said about an Alien Invasion coming down would hopefully unite us all as one and we put all our B.S aside. 

But, for now, until Star Wars becomes a reality. 

[Image: box-engarde.jpg]

Only dirty commies bleed red, real 'Muricans bleed Red, White, and Blue.