Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump expected to announce end to Obama-era DACA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good, Kick them all out!

Trump expected to announce end to Obama-era DACA

President Trump, as early as Friday, is expected to announce plans to end the Obama administration program that gave a deportation reprieve to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants, a senior administration official told Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/...-says.html
I think this would be a mistake. These people came here as children, most of them probably speak English as their first language, and they are fully integrated into our society. Imagine taking someone who's lived almost their entire life in the United States and telling them they have to move to Guatemala or somewhere like that.
Sick
(09-01-2017, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would be a mistake.   These people came here as children, most of them probably speak English as their first language, and they are fully integrated into our society.   Imagine taking someone who's lived almost their entire life in the United States and telling them they have to move to Guatemala or somewhere like that.

They are not U.S. Citizens so they have no right being here..... They came here illegally in the first place. Send them back to their home countries and tell them to wait in line like the rest of them that come here legally.

If that makes me heartless so be it. I'm a law and order person. You can not pick and choose what laws to enforce.
(09-01-2017, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would be a mistake.   These people came here as children, most of them probably speak English as their first language, and they are fully integrated into our society.   Imagine taking someone who's lived almost their entire life in the United States and telling them they have to move to Guatemala or somewhere like that.

I agree. No one adopts the American way of life faster than the children of immigrants. While I was living in California, legal and illegal immigrant parents (yes, mostly Central and South American) bemoaned the fact that next generation children lacked their own motivation and work ethic. In essence, they became Americanized. And why shouldn't they? This is the only place they've ever known. A friend of my daughter's, who spent the first five years of her life in Honduras and then immigrated here legally with her parents, absolutely hates visiting Honduras. My own immigrant wife constantly reminded our children how fortunate they were to live here.

This problem presents a cautionary tale. When a government, for mainly political purposes, refuses to enforce its own laws and borders, then moral and ethical complications ensue. I remember seeing a clip of Harry Reid standing on the floor of the House back in his earlier political days decrying the fact that illegal immigrants were having babies in the U.S. in order to bootstrap themselves into the country. Funny how his argument did a complete 180 when he figured out that by abetting this activity he could continue to draw a steady paycheck and position himself, and his family, to make millions. I use Reid because he's the first to come to mind, but this same crooked behavior is practiced by pols from both sides of the aisle. It's time for a wall, and not strictly in the physical sense. We should always have a culture of welcoming immigrants, as it always has, but with an unshakable ethos of enforcement.

If you're here illegally, you gots to go.
I don't care if you're Mexican, Canadian, Iranian, or English....

you gots to go!

I don't care if you're 10 or 90....

YOU GOTS TO GOOOOOOO!