Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keep Shane Wynn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shane Wynn deserves to make this team. He makes plays at receiver and may be the best punt returner. 

Robinson
Lee
Westbrook
Cole
Benn
Wynn

Try to trade Hurns, although this will be tough with his contract. If they can't do this, I'd cut Benn despite his special teams abilities. Cole's ceiling is very high and team may not be able to re-sign both Lee and Robinson.
I doubt they are able to trade hurns in 2 days
I'd keep Wynn over Benn.
My WR group is Lee, ARob, Westbrook, Hurns, Cole, and Wynn.
The thing I like about Wynn is that he looks good in the slot and he's tough taking a hit. The team doesn't currently have a receiver that's "ready to go" in the slot after Hurns. Westbrook and Cole have worked mostly on the outside.

The thing I don't like about Wynn is his size and his inability to be physical with most defenders and win a contested ball.

That's why Benn has an edge on him in my book.

A-Rob,Lee,Hurns,Westbrook,Benn,Cole
(08-31-2017, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The thing I like about Wynn is that he looks good in the slot and he's tough taking a hit. The team doesn't currently have a receiver that's "ready to go"  in the slot after Hurns. Westbrook and Cole have worked mostly on the outside.

The thing I don't like about Wynn is his size and his inability to be physical with most defenders and win a contested ball.

I think it was pretty telling that Benn was held out as well.
(08-31-2017, 10:53 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The thing I like about Wynn is that he looks good in the slot and he's tough taking a hit. The team doesn't currently have a receiver that's "ready to go"  in the slot after Hurns. Westbrook and Cole have worked mostly on the outside.

I think it was pretty telling that Benn was held out as well.

I have a strong feeling that DeCamillis likely made a strong case for locking him into the 53 and not risking injury tonight.
Just my gut on the matter.
Wynn is going to mess around and end up on the Patriots roster.
Not getting rid of Hurns for [BLEEP] Benn, Wynn, Cole, and Greene. Bunch of decent at best players. This staff and FO would be stupid to make that decision.
keep 7 WR
Hurns for a conditional two dollar bill.
(09-01-2017, 03:33 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]Hurns for a conditional two dollar bill.

Why not just get rid of all our good players while we're at it?
Can't afford to let Benn go. He's the best gunner we have on special teams. I would keep Cole. On the fence about Hurns but if they feel Lee can stay healthy and Westbrook can carry his pre-season performance over into the starting rotation than I am fine with it. I would still hate to see Hurns just flat out cut though without getting a draft pick out of him.
I'd keep......

ARob
Hurns
Westbrook
Lee
Cole
Benn

Send Wynn to the P.S.
I don't see it with Wynn. Think he's just a guy that's dime a dozen around the league.
Cole and Wynn could both clear waivers, Cole easily - Wynn might have some suitors

Remember WR's come aplenty in the NFL and most teams have guys they like from camp. I have confidence that these guys could pass waivers. Even Greene would probably not get picked up and is still PS eligible but I think it's the end of the road for him either way

We need to hang onto Hurns. I would rather role with Hurns and see if he can work through his issues over getting some whatever 3rd day Draft Choice. It would have to be a really good deal for me to move Hurns this week. Westbrook looks special but he needs more time to develop the hard nuances of route running, etc. to be able to fill his role as the X or Y
Meh, Wynn is just a guy who flashed a few times. Not sure he has enough to replace even a guy like Benn.
wynn is probably the hardest cut on the roster. I would keep 7 and 2 qbs. go light at TE because Ellis and Sterling could probably go on the PS another year. Wynn will get snatched up and he offers something our other wrs don't and thats srtong shifty slot play. He is probably the only true slot receiver on the roster.
(09-01-2017, 12:20 PM)realtorpat Wrote: [ -> ]wynn is probably the hardest cut on the roster.  I would keep 7 and 2 qbs.  go light at TE because Ellis and Sterling could probably go on the PS another year.  Wynn will get snatched up and he offers something our other wrs don't and thats srtong shifty slot play.  He is probably the only true slot receiver on the roster.

I'm pretty sure Sterling has accumulated too many active games to be eligible.
(09-01-2017, 11:54 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: [ -> ]Cole and Wynn could both clear waivers, Cole easily - Wynn might have some suitors

Remember WR's come aplenty in the NFL and most teams have guys they like from camp. I have confidence that these guys could pass waivers. Even Greene would probably not get picked up and is still PS eligible  but I think it's the end of the road for him either way

We need to hang onto Hurns. I would rather role with Hurns and see if he can work through his issues over getting some whatever 3rd day Draft Choice. It would have to be a really good deal for me to move Hurns this week. Westbrook looks special but he needs more time to develop the hard nuances of route running, etc. to be able to fill his role as the X or Y

Cole and Greene would both get picked up.
Pages: 1 2