Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DeAndre Hopkins signs 5 year 81 million dollar extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Rob will probably want something close to this
(08-31-2017, 09:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]A Rob will probably want something close to this

I don't know about that. DeAndre Hopkins almost held out of camp last year, so it was get paid or don't show up. We don't know the terms of the contract yet.
Did he push off the guy signing the check?
That's pretty steep. But he is a great talent at his position. 2014 - 2015 were pretty damn good statistically speaking. He's honestly the lone bright spot they have on offense and he's been making plays with really, really bad QB's throwing his way.

Robinson's contract should be earned AFTER this year plays out. If he mirrors 2015 in a losing effort this year or on a team where they're flirting with .500 then he's getting paid some fat loot. It'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
Terrible extension, he's just going to get shut down twice a year by his dad and uncle.
Dude has performed with garbage at QB outside of a few terrible Osweiler games

I don't think AR15 has earned that sort of contract yet, if I'm being honest.
But will likely get paid close to it regardless.
(08-31-2017, 09:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]A Rob will probably want something close to this

If he wants that much, I try to trade him. He's nowhere in the same class as Hopkins. Hopkins is borderline elite.
(09-01-2017, 03:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

If he wants that much, I try to trade him. He's nowhere in the same class as Hopkins. Hopkins is borderline elite.

I said close to that.  I think he at least want 13 or 14 mil a year
(09-02-2017, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 03:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]If he wants that much, I try to trade him. He's nowhere in the same class as Hopkins. Hopkins is borderline elite.

I said close to that.  I think he at least want 13 or 14 mil a year

Still too much. He has a lot to prove.