Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So We Beat Both Superbowl Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Albeit The Preseason. What does it all mean?  I feel like it's an omen of great things ahead THIS SEASON.  AND BEYOND!

Go Jags!  Wink
Haha.

In all seriousness, albeit against scrubs I liked what I saw from a number of our depth players tonight.
Gennesy, Jean-Baptiste, Brown, Cook, Harris, Wynn, and of course Westbrook all looked good. There were others as well.
Charles, Bennett, and Maurice all flashed on the DL.

A number of these guys will scrape onto the 53 and a few more will be on the PS.

The rest likely won't clear waivers.
That and $5.00 will get you a small coffee at Starbucks!
well every preseason we looked great and had great expectations then the reg season started and poop parade. this year we look turrible and like we cant win a game. So reg season we win the division right>?
(08-31-2017, 11:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Haha.

In all seriousness, albeit against scrubs I liked what I saw from a number of our depth players tonight.
Gennesy, Jean-Baptiste, Brown, Cook, Harris, Wynn, and of course Westbrook all looked good. There were others as well.

A number of these guys will scrape onto the 53 and a few more will be on the PS.

I'm only thru the 1st quarter right now, but I kinda like Cook too. I saw Gennesy getting busy when I came home on break. We def got some depth, to the point where some of the depth looks better than some starters. 
(08-31-2017, 11:56 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: [ -> ]That and $5.00 will get you a small coffee at Starbucks!

Dang, I would say that this assessment would put these 2 wins in the negative column. LOL!

Random thought: I feel like we have enough in Allen to use Henne's roster spot on a different position. WR (Even though I just saw the 1st pick. Uhempht uhemm.. unWesbrrugh..!)
(09-01-2017, 12:17 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]well every preseason we looked great and had great expectations then the reg season started and poop parade. this year we look turrible and like we cant win a game. So reg season we win the division right>?

This year will be different. I promise you.  I too remember beating The Giants, the 1st preseason game of 2012, me being super excited to have beat the reigning champs and us gong on to finish 2-14.  Gabbert threw the same pass to Shorts and connected for the TD, that Allen missed to Westbrook.

But see, today is a new day. Fournette The Sure Bet. Blake Will Be Great. Jack'll Get On Track. The O'Line Is Gonna Be So Fine. Campbell, Who'll Be, A Vandal To The QB. I could keep goin'.

Go Jags!
(08-31-2017, 11:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Haha.

Took the words right out of my mouth. A lot of these guys knew what time it was and put their best foot forward. The score doesn't tell the story: the Jags pretty much beat up on the Falcons for most of the game. The 1st down count wasn't even close. The Jags were decent at converting 3rd downs...while the Falcons were absolutely abysmal and found themselves punting most of the night. Hate to say it, but a lot of those guys that were wearing red tonight likely won't be wearing red next week.

Brandon Allen – He threw 3 INTs, but then again, this is only his second season. At least Allen is willing to take shots down field to make big plays and he seems to be more accurate than Bortles. The only thing that seems to be holding him back is his decision making at times, but good coaching can fix that in time. At the very least, it's time to cut Chad Henne and let this kid back up Bortles or whoever we draft next year should things not work out for him.
We can beat any team when it doesn't matter.

It's just that we can't beat teams when it matters.
In 2005 we beat both Super Bowl teams (Pittsburgh and Seattle) in the regular season, went 12-4, and proceeded to get curb stomped by Tom Brady against the Patriots in the first playoff game. 28-3 I believe it was. 

Yea, I'm sure we're gonna do just great.  Wallbash
It means....

[Image: tenor.gif]
Cook > Yeldon?
[Image: YfGz9b][Image: giphy.gif]
(09-01-2017, 08:29 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]Cook > Yeldon?

I wondered about this myself. Kinda like a tossup from what I can tell. He is a better backup for Fournette , I think. Mirrors his style more.
(09-01-2017, 08:29 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]Cook > Yeldon?

Probably, but so what?