Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: First cuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ESPN.com

The Jaguars released three vested veterans: linebacker Akeem Dent, running back Jonathan Grimes and running back DuJuan Harris. They waived tight end Caleb Blueitt, offensive lineman Malcolm Bunche, linebacker P.J. Davis, cornerback Charles James, defensive tackle Tueni Lupeamanu, receiver Larry Pinkard, offensive lineman Demetrius Rhaney, receiver Jamal Robinson and cornerback Dwayne Thomas.

They also waived/injured fullback Marquez Williams, a seventh-round draft pick from Miami.
Nothing really surprising...yet. Here's an official Jags article. I'm sure the bot will be around shortly to post it.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...bc1622c399
lol, I hope Williams makes his way to the PS
Bohanon gonna make it. Knew it
(09-01-2017, 06:27 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]lol, I hope Williams makes his way to the PS

He can't. If he clears waivers, he's on IR. If he doesn't, he's on someone else's team. No PS option.
(09-01-2017, 06:39 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Bohanon gonna make it. Knew it

Only down to 75.
Rivera to IR
To be honest I really didn't know most of those guys were on the team.
(09-01-2017, 06:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Rivera to IR

Yep, that one came out the blue. Thought he'd be ready week 1, now done for the year. That TE spot is looking pretty shallowto be honest.
(09-01-2017, 06:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest I really didn't know most of those guys were on the team.

Same here. I thought Marquez Williams was a lock because he was the only fullback on our roster I knew about.
Wonder if they'll throw Marquez Williams on the PS. Just in case Bohanon goes down.
Man.... TE sucks.

New QB and TE next year to go along with a new GM lol

Indeed.

I missed the boat on that one thinking Marquez would be the guy. His being waived/injured was the lone surprise among the early cuts. I don't recall him being injured. Did anyone else here know he was hurt?
(09-01-2017, 07:29 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Man.... TE sucks.

I was surprised and very disappointed we did not draft a TE in April.

Why do we need a new GM when the EVP is in charge of all player transactions?
(09-01-2017, 06:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 06:27 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]lol, I hope Williams makes his way to the PS

He can't. If he clears waivers, he's on IR. If he doesn't, he's on someone else's team. No PS option.

Ah sorry, I didn't fully understand what was up with that / in the IR/waived thing that was posted. Thanks for the heads up!
(09-01-2017, 07:49 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 06:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]He can't. If he clears waivers, he's on IR. If he doesn't, he's on someone else's team. No PS option.

Ah sorry, I didn't fully understand what was up with that / in the IR/waived thing that was posted. Thanks for the heads up!

Do you not understand what the waiver rule is for injured players or just the specific situation involving one of our players?

I have read about players on other teams being waived/injured. All of the reports about them state if nobody claims the player, he will "revert to IR" on his previous team.
(09-01-2017, 07:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

Indeed.

I missed the boat on that one thinking Marquez would be the guy. His being waived/injured was the lone surprise among the early cuts. I don't recall him being injured. Did anyone else here know he was hurt?

He was taken off the PUP in late July.
(09-01-2017, 08:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 07:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed.

He was taken off the PUP in late July.

Well yeah, but he was cleared to play and I thought he was doing just fine in the game a week ago. Did he sustain a new injury in that game?
(09-01-2017, 08:03 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 07:49 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah sorry, I didn't fully understand what was up with that / in the IR/waived thing that was posted. Thanks for the heads up!

Do you not understand what the waiver rule is for injured players or just the specific situation involving one of our players?

I have read about players on other teams being waived/injured. All of the reports about them state if nobody claims the player, he will "revert to IR" on his previous team.

1. What does it matter to you as I was thanking someone for information, not asking you for a condescending post. 

2. I don't pay attention to off season cuts so when I see someone going to IR, it makes sense, when I see someone cut, it makes sense, when I see a waived/injured designation, no where in there does that imply that this person is going to revert to IR.  Quiet honestly, looking at the title "waived/injured" means that the team cut him for not being healthy, but think him valuable enough to be an IR candidate.
(09-01-2017, 07:41 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 07:29 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Man.... TE sucks.

I was surprised and very disappointed we did not draft a TE in April.

Why do we need a new GM when the EVP is in charge of all player transactions?

(09-01-2017, 08:03 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 07:49 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah sorry, I didn't fully understand what was up with that / in the IR/waived thing that was posted. Thanks for the heads up!

- I was surprised by no TE at the draft too. It was a deep class.
- I didn't know about the "revert to IR" part, is that automatic?
Pages: 1 2 3 4