Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - The Jaguars’ 53: Breaking down the roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Jaguars’ 53: Breaking down the roster

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...c981adf8be

Senior writer John Oehser examines the Jaguars’ roster after Saturday’s moves to get to the NFL-mandated regular-season limit of 53 players
Offense
QB: Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen
RB: Leonard Fournette, Chris Ivory, T.J. Yeldon, Corey Grant
FB: Tommy Bohanan
WR: Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, Allen Hurns, Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook, Arrelious Benn
TE: Marcedes Lewis, Ben Koyack, Neal Sterling
LT: Cam Robinson
LG: Earl Watford, Patrick Omameh
C: Brandon Linder
RG: A.J. Cann
RT: Jermey Parnell
Backup tackle: Jermiah Poutasi, Josh Wells
Backup C/G: Tyler Shatley

Defense
DE: Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell, Dante Fowler, Dawaune Smoot
DT: Malik Jackson, Abry Jones, Sheldon Day, Michael Bennett, Stefan Charles
WLB: Telvin Smith
MLB: Paul Posluszny
SLB: Myles Jack
Backups: Hayes Pullard, Blair Brown, Larantee McCray
CB: Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye, Aaron Colvin, Jalen Myrick, Tyler Pamon
FS: Tashaun Gipson
SS: Barry Church
Backups: Peyton Thompson, Jarrod Wilson

Special Teams
K: Jason Myers
P: Brad Nortman
LS: Matt Overton
I do think that the D is on the way to stardom
Thanks for the ability to view in form
thus we don't have to go to Jags com
(09-02-2017, 09:46 PM)13Coronas Wrote: [ -> ]I do think that the D is on the way to stardom
Thanks for the ability to view in form
Thus we don't have to go to Jags com

We already knew parts of the defense were on the way to stardom. Now we can expect regular top 10 rankings on that side of the ball.

I assume you mean jaguars.com because that is the official site.
I hope that having top coaching on special teams will make the unit better in all phases and get some blocked punts along the way

sprinkling ***in*** could have signaled official
Question for anyone that followed the Jaguars very closely this summer. How did Stefan Charles perform in practices and / or pre-season games that you watched? I'm glad to see him overcome a major knee injury to at least survive the cutdown to 53.
(09-03-2017, 01:07 AM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]Question for anyone that followed the Jaguars very closely this summer.  How did Stefan Charles perform in practices and / or pre-season games that you watched?  I'm glad to see him overcome a major knee injury to at least survive the cutdown to 53.

He's not one of the guys that really stands out in games, but he does what he's asked to do which is to clog up the middle.
Only real surprise to me is Myrick making it.

But also kinda hoping he, Poutasi, Charles, and a OG get replaced.

Wouldn't hurt to infuse TE either, but I was a Kittle fan in the draft, so maybe I'm just bitter about that.
(09-03-2017, 07:25 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]Only real surprise to me is Myrick making it.

But also kinda hoping he, Poutasi, Charles, and a OG get replaced.

Wouldn't hurt to infuse TE either, but I was a Kittle fan in the draft, so maybe I'm just bitter about that.

I thought Poutasi looked decent in this last game.
(09-03-2017, 06:18 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2017, 01:07 AM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]Question for anyone that followed the Jaguars very closely this summer.  How did Stefan Charles perform in practices and / or pre-season games that you watched?  I'm glad to see him overcome a major knee injury to at least survive the cutdown to 53.

He's not one of the guys that really stands out in games, but he does what he's asked to do which is to clog up the middle.

I recall Grady Jackson playing that role at a high level for the Jaguars 10 years ago.   There's definitely plenty of value for players who can do that effectively.