Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida Times Union - Jaguars claim five players off waivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jaguars claim 5 players off waivers today: 

DT Eli Ankou
TE James O'Shauhnessy
LB Donald Payne
DB Lafayette Pitts
OT William Poehls

Will be interesting to see who is cut to make room for these 5.
Yeldon and Henne should be the first ones to go.
(09-03-2017, 01:15 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars claim 5 players off waivers today: 

DT Eli Ankou
TE James O'Shauhnessy
LB Donald Payne
DB Lafayette Pitts
OT William Poehls

It's evident as day that Tom Coughlin isn't remotely satisfied with the roster that he inherited this winter.

Eli Ankou is a Canadian born player ( Ottawa ),  who was with the Texans this summer.
Jaguars waive QB Brandon Allen.
(09-03-2017, 01:24 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars waive QB Brandon Allen.

Great!

Like FBT speculated,  this could mean the Jaguars will sign Ryan Nassib.  It definitely makes sense.
Front office putting in work.
Meh, all gameday inactives unless there are injuries.
Clots picked up Matt Jones who I liked over either Yeldon or Ivory. I know Ivory has guaranteed money in his contract so the Jags aren't likely do anything with him until next year, but Ivory has done little/nothing since arriving. Time to cut losses..
bruh I can't even w/ those homies. Has any guards that can actually start been claimed
Jaguars claim five players off waivers

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...rs-waivers

Per the NFL transaction wire, the Jaguars have claimed a five players who were waived on Saturday.
That means the Jaguars must cut five players who were on their initial 53-man roster.
The list:
Tight en
(09-03-2017, 01:15 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars claim 5 players off waivers today: 

DT Eli Ankou
TE James O'Shauhnessy
LB Donald Payne
DB Lafayette Pitts
OT William Poehls

Eli Ankou is a big rookie NT for the Texans (6-3, 325) making me think the rookie might be replacing Stephan Charles.

James O'Shaughnessy (6-4, 245) played the last 1 1/2 seasons with the Chiefs playing in most every game he was active for with six starts. I'm thinking they might want him as their 4th TE, but who do they waive? Yeldon? He only has 8 career receptions, but he just had a huge preseason game vs the Texans with 5 receptions.

Donald Payne is a small rookie LB at 5-11, 226 waived by the injury-laden Ravens. Do we waive a guy like Michael Bennett to fit him on the roster?

Lafayette Pitts played in 8 games last year for the Steelers as a rookie CB. Is he replacing Jalen Myrick?

William Poehls is a 1st-year player, but he's huge at 6-8, 344. Is he replacing Jeremiah Poutasi?
Still holding out hope we sign Boone and/or Greco.
I like James O'Shauhnessy but the other guys I dont know how much better they are then the guys we kept
Picking up teams other garbage. Chhhhaaammmppppiiiooonnnssshhiippppp
A little blurb about Lafayette Pitts from when he signed with the phins.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.c...-prospect/

He ran a 4.4 at his pro-day.

-----------------------------------------------

William Poehls has bounced around a few practice squads and has been coached at Tackle and Guard. 
At  6'8" - 344 he's a big dude. 
https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/6...ining-camp

-----------------------------------------------
O'Shaugnessy is an interesting prospect at TE 
Could potentially play the role originally intended for Rivera plus earn a spot on ST. 
https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/5/2/1550...haughnessy
We cut Sterling and Charles

NO!!!

Angry
I rely on you all for my football knowledge, man. Let's up the info a bit guys. Jeesh!
Pullard and poutasi as well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6