Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump - Schumer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Trump & Schumer seem to make a good team.  

Definitely a good month for Trump (so far) as it appears that he's breaking new bipartisan ground on the debt ceiling as well as placing DACA on the shoulders of Congress (to make the dreamers citizens once and for all).
Because the senior Congressional Republicans are a bunch of feckless morons.
And I hope to Hell that the DACA Dreamers dreams turn to nightmares, deport them all!
You mean the world isn't ending? Trump is able to work with an opposing party? Say it ain't so. So many people have underestimated Trump and they job they thought he couldn't do. An astounding man doing an even more astounding job.
For the record, I want to see DACA solved and none of them deported. The fact that Trump has to work with Schumer to get anything done, rather than his own party which holds both houses, clearly shows that many of the Republicans simply want to draw a paycheck. The next election cycle will be a rude awakening for many of them.
(09-07-2017, 04:14 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]And I hope to Hell that the DACA Dreamers dreams turn to nightmares, deport them all!

Sounds like you never left the northside of Jacksonville.

... probably longing for the days of Jake Godbold

(09-07-2017, 04:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You mean the world isn't ending? Trump is able to work with an opposing party? Say it ain't so. So many people have underestimated Trump and they job they thought he couldn't do.  An astounding man doing an even more astounding job.

... this could be the beginning.  i sure hope so !!   I'd love to go to the booth in 2020 and cast my vote for him and not simply vote against him (like I did back in November when I voted for "everyone else is to blame but me Clinton")
(09-07-2017, 04:14 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]And I hope to Hell that the DACA Dreamers dreams turn to nightmares, deport them all!

I can't even comprehend this response. From anyone. Why would you tell a young adult who grew up here, attended college here, has a career here that they have to go back to a land they don't know and may not even have memories of because they happened to be born there and brought over without permission or consent by their parents as an infant?

You do realize that by deporting a DACA immigrant after they've spent 12 years in American schools and four years in an American college, you're throwing hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars away and giving free labor to another country, right?
(09-07-2017, 07:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

I can't even comprehend this response. From anyone. Why would you tell a young adult who grew up here, attended college here, has a career here that they have to go back to a land they don't know and may not even have memories of because they happened to be born there and brought over without permission or consent by their parents as an infant?

You do realize that by deporting a DACA immigrant after they've spent Stolen 12 years in American schools and four years in an American college, you're throwing And Stolen hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars away and giving free labor to another country, right?

Fixed it for you...... What part of freaking Illegal don't you understand?
(09-07-2017, 08:09 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017, 07:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even comprehend this response. From anyone. Why would you tell a young adult who grew up here, attended college here, has a career here that they have to go back to a land they don't know and may not even have memories of because they happened to be born there and brought over without permission or consent by their parents as an infant?

You do realize that by deporting a DACA immigrant after they've spent Stolen 12 years in American schools and four years in an American college, you're throwing And Stolen hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars away and giving free labor to another country, right?

Fixed it for you...... What part of freaking Illegal don't you understand?

Dude, they're kids. They were brought here as children with no say in the matter. They don't know Mexico from Monticello. You're really ok with the idea that someone who grew up as an American should be thrown back into a country they have no memories or knowledge of? Just because their parents brought them across illegally when they were too young to have any basic understanding of what was going on?
Illegal is Illegal is Illegal......
Call me cold hearted but you right now the law says they have to be deported.....
Why should they have a chance at citizenship when others have been waiting in line to get here....
Deport them all
Trump/Schumer 2020.
Presidents have to work with leadership in both parties in order to get anything done. Reagan always said that he'd work with anyone to press his agenda, and if he got 80% of what he was looking for, that was perfectly fine. My concern with Trump sidling up with Pelosi and Schumer is that these are two snakes who never make a deal where they don't have the advantage. They'll say or do whatever they have to in order to get what they want, even if that means flat out lying.

Trump has no choice in the matter if he wants to get anything done legislatively because the bumbling buffoons in the GOP have a difficult time just trying to stay out of their own way, but if it means he's sacrificing the key items in the agenda that got him elected, he's going to be in trouble with the electorate.

As far as DACA goes, what Trump did was the correct approach. Immigration policy can't be dictated by royal decree, and even king Obama himself said this was a temporary measure. i think 5 years is long enough for congress not to do anything. It's time for them to get off their duffs and actually do something here. I'm not a "deport them all!" person. There are quite a few of these DACA "kids" (DACA protects ADULTS up to 31 years of age. These are not children) who are serving in the US military, or as first responders with the the police and rescue operations around the country. There has to be a logical approach to deal with this that benefits all sides.

I don't have a problem with some sort of pathway for them and any other productive people who get swept up into this, but I'd expect Trump to get some concessions for any flexibility here. The wall needs to be funded, and border security needs to be a top priority in any sort of legislation congress spits out dealing with the dream act people. We have to lock down the borders. If that means providing a pathway to citizenship for DACA eligible individuals who are productive members of our society, that's fine. But, security comes first. If congress can't deal with that, then everything else is off the table.
(09-08-2017, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Trump/Schumer 2020.

I would actually pay good money to see this happen
Trump having to work with these incompetent monsters to get things done just shows those who may not already know just how inept these RINO's are to Trumps agenda. 2018 might get ugly.
(09-08-2017, 09:30 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Presidents have to work with leadership in both parties in order to get anything done.  Reagan always said that he'd work with anyone to press his agenda, and if he got 80% of what he was looking for, that was perfectly fine.  My concern with Trump sidling up with Pelosi and Schumer is that these are two snakes who never make a deal where they don't have the advantage.  They'll say or do whatever they have to in order to get what they want, even if that means flat out lying.  

Trump has no choice in the matter if he wants to get anything done legislatively because the bumbling buffoons in the GOP have a difficult time just trying to stay out of their own way, but if it means he's sacrificing the key items in the agenda that got him elected, he's going to be in trouble with the electorate.

As far as DACA goes, what Trump did was the correct approach.  Immigration policy can't be dictated by royal decree, and even king Obama himself said this was a temporary measure.  i think 5 years is long enough for congress not to do anything.  It's time for them to get off their duffs and actually do something here.  I'm not a "deport them all!" person.  There are quite a few of these DACA "kids" (DACA protects ADULTS up to 31 years of age.  These are not children) who are serving in the US military, or as first responders with the the police and rescue operations around the country.  There has to be a logical approach to deal with this that benefits all sides.

I don't have a problem with some sort of pathway for them and any other productive people who get swept up into this, but I'd expect Trump to get some concessions for any flexibility here.  The wall needs to be funded, and border security needs to be a top priority in any sort of legislation congress spits out dealing with the dream act people.  We have to lock down the borders.  If that means providing a pathway to citizenship for DACA eligible individuals who are productive members of our society, that's fine.  But, security comes first.  If congress can't deal with that, then everything else is off the table.

They got all they wanted, or needed, when Trump cut a deal with them. Plenty of mileage to be had from that thumb in the nose to Republicans, anything else is gravy.
(09-08-2017, 06:09 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Illegal is Illegal is Illegal......
Call me cold hearted but you right now the law says they have to be deported.....
Why should they have a chance at citizenship when others have been waiting in line to get here....
Deport them all

I guess the 1st ones you would have removed are the ones serving the country, in the military.

Next you would remove the ones serving in the police and fire departments, as illegal is illegal is illegal, and they'd be easy ones to identify. 

Next, you would gladly refund any amount of money they'd put forth in their prior applications for DACA which is just chump change.

I'll assume you are good with this.
(09-08-2017, 06:09 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Illegal is Illegal is Illegal......
Deport them all

Drifter -- is this you on the right?    Ninja

[Image: 31E6ADB000000578-0-image-a-62_1457213865408.jpg]
I saw someone else say this but the DACA Dreamers situation is kind of like Disney World.

If a parent snuck (sneaked?) their kid into Disney World, would you be angry at Disney World for kicking them out or the parents for sneaking them in?

We can't just allow them in here because they grew up here. At some point, we have to stop illegal immigration. They need to go back to their countries and rebuild them with the skills they learned here. We're shouldn't be the world's police, and we shouldn't be their parents, either.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/13...ers-242698

"President Donald Trump and Democratic leaders Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Chuck Schumer have reached a tentative agreement to beef up border security in exchange for providing a pathway to citizenship for young immigrants known as “Dreamers,” according to two congressional aides briefed on the meeting.

"The framework, hatched at an unusual dinner hosted by Trump, would exclude funding for the border wall, Pelosi and Schumer said. And notably the agreement does not thus far include House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader McConnell (R-Ky.), whom Trump spurned for Pelosi and Schumer on a fiscal deal last week."
(09-13-2017, 11:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I saw someone else say this but the DACA Dreamers situation is kind of like Disney World.

If a parent snuck (sneaked?) their kid into Disney World, would you be angry at Disney World for kicking them out or the parents for sneaking them in?

We can't just allow them in here because they grew up here. At some point, we have to stop illegal immigration. They need to go back to their countries and rebuild them with the skills they learned here. We're shouldn't be the world's police, and we shouldn't be their parents, either.

Are you seriously comparing a parent attempting to get out of poverty to provide a better life for their next generation to a family sneaking their kid into Disney World?

Georgia? Figures --- you need to get out of South GA so you can get a better perspective of the world.

(09-14-2017, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/13...ers-242698

"President Donald Trump and Democratic leaders Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Chuck Schumer have reached a tentative agreement to beef up border security in exchange for providing a pathway to citizenship for young immigrants known as “Dreamers,” according to two congressional aides briefed on the meeting.

"The framework, hatched at an unusual dinner hosted by Trump, would exclude funding for the border wall, Pelosi and Schumer said. And notably the agreement does not thus far include House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader McConnell (R-Ky.), whom Trump spurned for Pelosi and Schumer on a fiscal deal last week."

I heard this last night.  Trump is having a great September !!   *** UPDATE: Trump tweeted out no deal has been made and everything is up to a vote, nevertheless the tweets also indicated he didn't want to export DACA kids ...... absolutely a step in the right direction so yes, still a very good September ***

I just don't like MSNBC and CNN stating that Trump is getting rolled in these deals as I look at it as a person that is changing perspective and is open to taking a different approach to subject matters.

NOW .... CAN SOMEBODY GET HILLARY OFF OF MY TV !!!
Pages: 1 2 3