Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Canada and Mexico ready to renegotiate NAFTA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/canada-mex...residency/

Wow, already done more in 2 days as president elect than Obama did in 8 years.
Because Mexico amd Canada KNOW Trump means business

Awesomeness!!
It's really an exciting time.
Quote:Wow, already done more in 2 days as president elect than Obama did in 8 years.

Nonsense. Donald Trump can't do anything before January 20. That is in the Constitution. He is just getting ready for work.
Where's the original source claiming this versus a clickbait article?
Not that I'm disregarding it just curious.
Quote:Where's the original source claiming this versus a clickbait article?

There was a link in the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-says-r...27988.html
It's over 20 years old. It should be revisited and changed as required.
Quote:It's over 20 years old. It should be revisited and changed as required.

Finally something that you and I agree on.
The question is, are US consumers willing to pay more for things in order to protect other people's jobs in the United States?

It's really that simple.  The reason jobs go overseas is because it costs less to produce things in certain other countries.   So bringing those jobs back means we will pay more for certain things.   

If we increase our comparative environment with less taxes and regulation yes
Quote:The question is, are US consumers willing to pay more for things in order to protect other people's jobs in the United States?

It's really that simple.  The reason jobs go overseas is because it costs less to produce things in certain other countries.   So bringing those jobs back means we will pay more for certain things.   

Digging a bit deeper, the economy really does need a major correction.
Quote:The question is, are US consumers willing to pay more for things in order to protect other people's jobs in the United States?

They might pay a little extra but I remember reading something about the iPad costing three or four times as much if it was built and assembled in the US instead of China. 

Everyone has a breaking point. I am fine with paying more if it means jobs coming back. The problem I have is maybe the factories come back but will the jobs? Most of those jobs that were lost, I'd wager are either currently or one their way to being automated. 
Quote:Nonsense. Donald Trump can't do anything before January 20. That is in the Constitution. He is just getting ready for work.
Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

Speaking for myself, yes, I'm willing to pay more. 

In simple theory, the additional cost is offset (at least partially) by the increased number of jobs.

The reason jobs are moved out of America has always been pro-business. Companies want to spend a little as possible in every way they can. That is pretty easy to do in countries that don't have the same quality standards.
Quote:Speaking for myself, yes, I'm willing to pay more. 

In simple theory, the additional cost is offset (at least partially) by the increased number of jobs.

But that's like redistribution of wealth.   You pay more for things so other people can have jobs.   It's like paying a tax and giving the money to someone other than yourself. 
Quote:But that's like redistribution of wealth.   You pay more for things so other people can have jobs.   It's like paying a tax and giving the money to someone other than yourself. 

You're exactly right.   It is a redistribution of wealth, but the money redistributed stays within the US.  The worker has a job, so is no longer collecting unemployment, a portion of which, I was already paying for in tax dollars.  The government taxes me less, therefore my disposable income rises.  Now, the worker has also disposable income, which he or she will can use to buy other goods and services, once again redistributing the wealth. 

The underlying problem with our economy is that the wealth is flowing out of the country, primarily to China.  The low-priced goods we import come with a huge indirect tax, the loss of manufacturing jobs in the US. 
Pages: 1 2