Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign

If you voted for Donald Trump, you may not feel welcomed at Grubhub.

The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/bos...esign.html

Simply having different opinions about Trump does not warrant termination from your job.

Of course actually doing the same things does, as Billy Bush learned 11 years too late.

Quote:Simply having different opinions about Trump does not warrant termination from your job.

Of course actually doing the same things does, as Billy Bush learned 11 years too late.

He didn't fire anyone.
LOL...Maloney deserves the **[BAD WORD REMOVED] CEO of the year award.    At least the disenfranchised protesting HRC supporters  have a safe place to work after they recover from their election trauma and the anti-depressants kick in.  

I'm inclined to short the stock on principle alone..... might even get lucky if someone files a class action lawsuit against the company for creating a hostile work environment toward employees who exercised their constitutional right to vote for Trump... 

**buttocks hat

Quote:He didn't fire anyone.

Telling people to resign is a threat to fire them if they don't.
Lawsuit in 3...2...1.......

Quote:Lawsuit in 3...2...1.......

I wonder what the wording would be in that suit.
Quote:I wonder what the wording would be in that suit.
"Plaintiff was instructed to resign because he disagreed with defendant's political views."
Quote:"Plaintiff was instructed to resign because he disagreed with defendant's political views."

That is saying it nicely.
Quote:"Plaintiff was instructed to resign because he disagreed with defendant's political views."
Although, political beliefs is not a protected class. Depending on the state he might actually be able to do that.
Quote:Although, political beliefs is not a protected class. Depending on the state he might actually be able to do that.

...unless the employer has federal entity status, or receives federal funds.

(from the US Dept of Labor's website)

Section 188 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) prohibits discrimination against applicants, employees and participants in WIA Title I-financially assisted programs and activities, and programs that are part of the One-Stop system, on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, and national origin. Section 188 also prohibits discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, political affiliation or belief, and for beneficiaries only, citizenship or participation in a WIA Title I-financially assisted program or activity. This law is enforced by the Civil Rights Center.
Quote:Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign

If you voted for Donald Trump, you may not feel welcomed at Grubhub.

The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html'>http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html</a>

The brownshirts
This is what I was talking about when I spoke of the desire of making the D the permanent ruling party.

They are bent on destroying competition, in a sense, monopolizing government.

Solely because they believe they are "right," the other "wrong" and must be silenced/ignored.

The protesters obviously believe this, as do some posters who are unwilling to debate any topic.

Riots don't happen when D's win.  That says a lot about the character of their supporters.

Some understand and follow our system.  The others would like to destroy it so the mob can rule.