Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen Ramsey holds Hopkins to 55 yards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What a reliable star this guy has turned into in such a short time. He unloaded on Hopkins a couple times today. Not only can he run and play the ball in the air, but he can lower the boom on any type of player. 

I love his fire and his passion. He's definitely on another level. With Campbell going crazy and Bouye and Ramsey....this defense is pretty good right now.

I was wrong about Marrone.
Bouye was on him most of the day
This stat was a combination of Aj and Jalen.
(09-10-2017, 08:57 PM)iam Wrote: [ -> ]This stat was a combination of Aj and Jalen.

I was wondering this. Wasn't sure if he had 55 total or just when Jalen was on him.
(09-10-2017, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye was on him most of the day

Probably because the texans were trying to get him away from Ramsey as much as possible.
they hardly threw at ramsey
(09-10-2017, 09:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2017, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye was on him most of the day

Probably because the texans were trying to get him away from Ramsey as much as possible.

Heck yeah they were. Ramsey was demoralizing Hopkins. He is too strong for his pushoffs and it just doesn't work against him. I know the touchdown Hopkins has was technically on Ramsey, but I thought Ramsey was outstanding today and put fear into Hopkins. He is just a special player, unreal how lucky the Jags got to grab him. Can't wait to see him teach Corey Davis a lesson this week. When he drove out Braxton Miller so if even he got a chance to touch the ball it'd be a penalty... ahh man that was NICE!
(09-10-2017, 09:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

Ramsey played left corner and Hopkins was lined up on the other side most of the day.  Bouye gave Hopkins problems all day
(09-10-2017, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2017, 09:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because the texans were trying to get him away from Ramsey as much as possible.

Ramsey played left corner and Hopkins was lined up on the other side most of the day.  Bouye gave Hopkins problems all day

Bouye did a great job. Some of the PI calls against him were complete garbage.
"Throw my way if you want to."

They didn't want to.

Luckily, Bouye also balled out. This defense has me more giddy than I've been in a decade.
Bouye held him 90% imo.
And most of that 55 was comeback routes behind the sticks. These two corners are good!
Wash should have put Ramsey on Hopkins sooner in the second half. Hopkins was getting the best of Bouye (even if the refs did help Houston at times).
(09-10-2017, 10:19 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]Wash should have put Ramsey on Hopkins sooner in the second half.  Hopkins was getting the best of Bouye (even if the refs did help Houston at times).

I think they trust Bouye enough that even if he gets beat for a series or two, he'll come back from it to shut his side down.
To Bouye's credit - despite the penalties and a few completions - he kept Hopkins in front of him and was committed to not giving up the big play.

The number of coverage sacks in the game is also a credit to Bouye (and the entire secondary.)
(09-11-2017, 12:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]To Bouye's credit - despite the penalties and a few completions  - he kept Hopkins in front of him and was committed to not giving up the big play.  

The number of coverage sacks in the game is also a credit to Bouye (and the entire secondary.)

Which is really how you have to play Hopkins, I think, as his best play is the short hitch/curl where he can push off for separation.  As we saw with Bouye, either Bouye gets pushed and gives up a short completion, or he tries to hold on and gets that PI call.  Really a testament to Ramsey's talent that he was able to play him so well last year without those PIs.
They Jags will face Antonio Brown, AJ Green, and Larry Fitz. Those are the only players I'd consider making Ramsey follow. Even if they don't I feel confident in Bouye, just more confident in Ramsey. Best matchup you can draw up is Julio vs Ramsey right now.
Hopkins was intentionally avoiding Ramsey's side. 

Against Bouye he was able to get away with pushing off at the top of every route. It was called offensive PI once but he did it like 5 times.
It was definitely a combo of Ramsey and bouye but ramsey is a stud. It was awesome to see the overall effort the defense gave us and this team needed a guy like Fournette too. I expect ups and downs but Marrone is showing us he is the right guy for the job.
OP didn't Watch the game. Bouye was on Hopkins, not Ramsey.

Hopkins is overrated. The guy hold his defender, and then cry about PI.
Pages: 1 2