Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Doug Marrone Is One Happy Camper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that, with all the work put in, Marrone must have had alot of fun, coaching this team up to victory.  So here's that ataboy. Hats off to The Big Guy! 

Way to go! With such solid preparation and such even keel.  

And even though you enjoyed being out there, taking an early lead on the division, acting as though you were wavering to throw that challenge flag, when really you were just burning time, playing a solid defense / good run game (time of possession ball game) with the knowledge that every second counts, I know that you will not allow yourself, your staff or the team to become complacent.

Only more hunger.  More desire to succeed. More film. Tighter Practice. More focus on all the small stuff.  I am 100% confident that you will continue to be that knowledgeable, diligent professional, and that it will remain contagious.  You guys made my day, man.  Here I am, the 2nd happy camper. It's many more, too.

Go Jags!
Finally a leader of men. Gus was never a leader, just that good friend
Clock management means a lot in games Gus was the worst at this..
I mentioned in another thread that the physical conditioning of the team is clearly apparent. The D was tired but they never gave up.
I liked Gus, he seemed like a good guy and smart football guy. But not everyone can be a head coach in the NFL. I hope Gus finds success as a coordinator.
(09-11-2017, 12:11 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I liked Gus, he seemed like a good guy and smart football guy. But not everyone can be a head coach in the NFL. I hope Gus finds success as a coordinator.

^^ This.

It has only been one game and it is a long season but I saw multiple things Sunday that gave me confidence in this coaching staff from the clock management to the player interactions with coaches on the sidelines to the play calling. I can't get over what a great call it was on the Bortles TD pass. The tinhorns were CONVINCED that Fournette was going up the middle again. A functional running game does that for you.

I also take real enjoyment out of watching our game plan specifically beating O'brien and his staff. That SI article from a year ago has always stung. In some ways it was validation about what many of us were frustrated about with our old coaching staff and their predictable play calling. It was another thing entirely to see exactly how bad it was and how an opponent used it to dominate us.

I expressed a little frustration with Marrone in the pre-season but a win like this goes a long way toward changing my mind.
(09-11-2017, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I mentioned in another thread that the physical conditioning of the team is clearly apparent. The D was tired but they never gave up.

Our guys did seem very well conditioned out there. Like their bodies were like, "bruh, this is cake".