Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fournette is the Real Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This guy is a monster. He ran someone over on his second carry and just doesn't get negative yardage. He was so close to breaking some long runs, just barely getting tripped up. 

He's going to be really fun to watch and I hope he lays out Cyp this coming week.
He looked pretty good. I liked his hard nose style.

We can't forget Ivory either. He looked pretty good too.

We have pretty good depth at the position. If one or the other has to sit out a week or two we can feel confident that our run game will still be solid.
I was skeptical of his ability to gain yards after early contact, but he's showing he's better at it than I anticipated. He'll never have that elite elusiveness behind the LOS that we loved to see from Fred, but he's smart, decisive and powerful hitting his chosen gap/crease. It's refreshing to see.

I'm impressed and hope he continues to diminish my doubt about taking him so high.
(09-11-2017, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I was skeptical of his ability to gain yards after early contact, but he's showing he's better at it than I anticipated.  He'll never have that elite elusiveness behind the LOS that we loved to see from Fred, but he's smart, decisive and powerful hitting his chosen gap/crease. It's refreshing to see.

I'm impressed and hope he continues to diminish my doubt about taking him so high.

Was skeptical on yards after contact?  Thats one of his biggest strengths.  Dont believe what KYjaggy says.  People always wanted to look back at the Bama game.  Bo Jackson wouldnt of been able to do anything in those games.  The guy had 2 or 3 defenders in his face every time as soon as he got the ball

What has surprised me the most is his pass catching ability. He told every one he could do it he just wasn't given the chance at LSU
I really liked how the offense was using both Fournette and Ivory. It looked like Doug/Hack gave Fournette a longer break at one point during the 4th so they could save some of his energy for the drive to seal the deal.
Is Yeldon gonna be ready next week?
(09-11-2017, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Is Yeldon gonna be ready next week?

It definitely concerned me to have Ivory in on passing downs even if he didn't miss any blocks. He is not good at picking up a blitz, Yeldon is.
(09-11-2017, 12:25 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Is Yeldon gonna be ready next week?

It definitely concerned me to have Ivory in on passing downs even if he didn't miss any blocks. He is not good at picking up a blitz, Yeldon is.
Me too
(09-11-2017, 12:11 PM)Tflgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I was skeptical of his ability to gain yards after early contact, but he's showing he's better at it than I anticipated.  He'll never have that elite elusiveness behind the LOS that we loved to see from Fred, but he's smart, decisive and powerful hitting his chosen gap/crease. It's refreshing to see.

Was skeptical on yards after contact?  Thats one of his biggest strengths.  Dont believe what KYjaggy says.  People always wanted to look back at the Bama game.  Bo Jackson wouldnt of been able to do anything in those games.  The guy had 2 or 3 defenders in his face every time as soon as he got the ball

What has surprised me the most is his pass catching ability.  He told every one he could do it he just wasn't given the chance at LSU
Read carefully. 

I said 'early' contact.

I found it to be a glaring problem in his cut-ups. When met at or behind the line - he rarely gained more than a yard or two and often went down immediately. 

It's all over his tape. The bama game is just the obvious one. 

I didn't see that yesterday. He fought for tough yards when met at the line.

(09-11-2017, 12:19 PM)TFrailbones Wrote: [ -> ]I really liked how the offense was using both Fournette and Ivory. It looked like Doug/Hack gave Fournette a longer break at one point during the 4th so they could save some of his energy for the drive to seal the deal.

That seemed to be the strategy. 

I think it's a wise one.
(09-11-2017, 12:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 12:11 PM)Tflgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Was skeptical on yards after contact?  Thats one of his biggest strengths.  Dont believe what KYjaggy says.  People always wanted to look back at the Bama game.  Bo Jackson wouldnt of been able to do anything in those games.  The guy had 2 or 3 defenders in his face every time as soon as he got the ball

What has surprised me the most is his pass catching ability.  He told every one he could do it he just wasn't given the chance at LSU
Read carefully. 

I said 'early' contact.

I found it to be a glaring problem in his cut-ups. When met at or behind the line - he rarely gained more than a yard or two and often went down immediately. 

(09-11-2017, 12:19 PM)TFrailbones Wrote: [ -> ]I really liked how the offense was using both Fournette and Ivory. It looked like Doug/Hack gave Fournette a longer break at one point during the 4th so they could save some of his energy for the drive to seal the deal.

I think it's a wise one.

There isn't many RBs in the history of the game that's good when met by 2 or 3 defenders as soon as you get the ball.
(09-11-2017, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 12:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Read carefully. 

I said 'early' contact.

I think it's a wise one.

There isn't many RBs in the history of the game that's good when met by 2 or 3 defenders as soon as you get the ball.
It wasn't always two or three defenders. 

One was enough at times. Especially when the hole/gap the play was designed to hit wasn't open. 

I'm not going to hash this crap out again for you.  I did it seventeen times in the draft threads and I'm sure you saw it then. 

So far he's proving my doubts to be unnecessary. That's what matters.
https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/90...9080755203

"Leonard Fournette faced 8+ defenders in the box on 58% of his carries today which led the NFL, per #NextGenStats

Still posted 100 yds/1 TD"
(09-11-2017, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't many RBs in the history of the game that's good when met by 2 or 3 defenders as soon as you get the ball.
It wasn't always two or three defenders. 

One was enough at times. Especially when the hole/gap the play was designed to hit wasn't open. 

I'm not going to hash this crap out again for you.  I did it seventeen times in the draft threads and I'm sure you saw it then. 

Not always but a lot of the times.  That's all that matters though.

(09-11-2017, 01:24 PM)Kcirred Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/90...9080755203

"Leonard Fournette faced 8+ defenders in the box on 58% of his carries today which led the NFL, per #NextGenStats

Hopefully soon Blake can take advantage with the PA and hit Hurns or Lee down field.  We will face this every week until Blake proves he can beat the defense deep
(09-11-2017, 01:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't always two or three defenders. 

Not always but a lot of the times.  That's all that matters though.

(09-11-2017, 01:24 PM)Kcirred Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/90...9080755203

Hopefully soon Blake can take advantage with the PA and hit Hurns or Lee down field.  We will face this every week until Blake proves he can beat the defense deep
The Texans defense is still really good. Not giving up a sack to that Dline? Thats really impressive.
(09-11-2017, 01:24 PM)HKcirred Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/90...9080755203

That is why he is the quarterbacks best friends and why he makes play action so much more effective. Do you think that DB that he ran over earlier in the game was cheating for the run?
(09-11-2017, 02:56 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 01:24 PM)HKcirred Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/90...9080755203

That is why he is the quarterbacks best friends and why he makes play action so much more effective. Do you think that DB that he ran over earlier in the game was cheating for the run?

I can't wait for a PA deep ball to Lee over Cyp this week
In what world is a box safety going to be covering Marqise Lee?
I'd like to see Cyp on Hurns. Hurns is one of the better route runners in the league. Hurns would break Cyps ankles
A big part of the Texans' pass rushers being held in check was the run game. When someone runs nearly 2-1over the pass on you, you have to play the run and can't pin your ears back. We gave them very few pass rushing downs.
Cyp will be out this week. I'm sure the Jaguars were devastated by the news.
Pages: 1 2 3 4