Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Am I the only one that remembers this past sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did not in the pregame NFL broadcast Michael Irvin predicting 7.5 sacks for JJ Watt or something like that?  He needs to eat some crow.
No. I'm re-watching the game now.
Yes he predicted JJ Watt to have 7 sacks. He also predicted we'd get blown out.
I don't blame him. Too many years where it was the same old story with the Jags on Game 1. I'm so stoked it wasn't this year though

But he should have some crow with a side of his usual coca-cola Wink
Its good that we didnt get all hyped up by the media this year, like in years past. Maybe we will actually be really good now.
Michael Irvin is a nut and bad at his job. (A great former player though).
Don't get too crazy for one game. They need to work on repeating success not delivering a win here or there. This is a great start and I could be wrong on having tempered feelings but.... I have a feeling our division is very bad.
Irvin is one of the only player turned analyst that doesn't give a flip about being a loud obnoxious Cowgirl homer.

Almost every other player turned analyst hides their fandom of their former team.
He dumb.
(09-12-2017, 07:15 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]Its good that we didnt get all hyped up by the media this year, like in years past. Maybe we will actually be really good now.

Our defense was hyped up. Several NFL.com analysts including Ike Taylor, a former defensive back, have our duo ranked just above or below Denver's No Fly Zone.
Watt is finished. His back is shot. He will probably retire after this year I am guessing.
(09-12-2017, 12:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Watt is finished. His back is shot. He will probably retire after this year I am guessing.

I've been saying this since last season
(09-12-2017, 01:48 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 12:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Watt is finished. His back is shot. He will probably retire after this year I am guessing.

I've been saying this since last season

He really doesn't look the same.
(09-12-2017, 12:18 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes he predicted JJ Watt to have 7 sacks. He also predicted we'd get blown out.

Close! There were 7+ sacks and it was a blow out, just got the teams inverted. Smile
(09-11-2017, 11:18 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Did not in the pregame NFL broadcast Michael Irvin predicting 7.5 sacks for JJ Watt or something like that?  He needs to eat some crow.

I couldnt remember who predicted that but i remembered it everytime i saw a closeup of watt sucking wind after every play. Also one of you guys here predicted that the highlights of our game would be completely just jj watt doing his fund raising and not one jags play and i saw that on the nfl network also. they later showed some highlights of the texans rookie qb scoring drive......
(09-12-2017, 07:35 PM)krauley Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2017, 11:18 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Did not in the pregame NFL broadcast Michael Irvin predicting 7.5 sacks for JJ Watt or something like that?  He needs to eat some crow.

I couldnt remember who predicted that but i remembered it everytime i saw a closeup of watt sucking wind after every play. Also one of you guys here predicted that the highlights of our game would be completely just jj watt doing his fund raising and not one jags play and i saw that on the nfl network also. they later showed some highlights of the texans rookie qb scoring drive......

FBT called it right on the highlights I believe.
(09-12-2017, 07:38 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 07:35 PM)krauley Wrote: [ -> ]I couldnt remember who predicted that but i remembered it everytime i saw a closeup of watt sucking wind after every play. Also one of you guys here predicted that the highlights of our game would be completely just jj watt doing his fund raising and not one jags play and i saw that on the nfl network also. they later showed some highlights of the texans rookie qb scoring drive......

FBT called it right on the highlights I believe.

I didn't predict anything but I certainly questioned in a couple of threads why everyone was assuming Watt would come back and play at the same level.
(09-14-2017, 12:48 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 07:38 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: [ -> ]FBT called it right on the highlights I believe.

I didn't predict anything but I certainly questioned in a couple of threads why everyone was assuming Watt would come back and play at the same level.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. It could have been rust. lets see how this week looks.

(09-12-2017, 07:35 PM)krauley Wrote: [ -> ]

Completely sad. I think I saw the same.