Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ben Koyack - Can he be our #1 Tight End?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like this guy - a lot.  He seems to catch everything thrown to him.  I'm wondering if he could become the TE we all hoped Julius Thomas could be.

With A-Rob out, this guy should get more playing time, and more targets.

What do you think?
I think Koyack and O'Shaugnessy will be part of the game plan for the tacks in week two.

Hackett used Koyack last year as a safety valve against the tacks, and I could see him doing so again this week but with his own, better playbook.

Sidenote: I really, really wish that Coughlin would pull Marcedes Lewis aside this week and tell him-
"Look son, you can barely catch the damn football with two hands. For the love of all things holy, PLEASE STOP TRYING TO CATCH IT WITH ONE HAND!!!"
They love Lewis for his blocking. I wouldn't throw to him.
I like O'Shaugnessy better, he seems more athletic.
(09-12-2017, 01:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]They love Lewis for his blocking. I wouldn't throw to him.

It's probably why they normally only throw him screen passes anymore. Once a game if he manages to catch it then it shocks the defense.
(09-12-2017, 01:30 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I like O'Shaugnessy better, he seems more athletic.

I was impressed by O'Shaugnessy. He seemed to catch every ball his way unless Irma caused me to miss drop. I barely noticed Koyack was on the field.
(09-12-2017, 01:39 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 01:30 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I like O'Shaugnessy better, he seems more athletic.

I was impressed by O'Shaugnessy. He seemed to catch every ball his way unless Irma caused me to miss drop. I barely noticed Koyack was on the field.

Yup, O'Shaugnessy caught every pass throw his way, all one of them.
(09-12-2017, 01:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 01:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]They love Lewis for his blocking. I wouldn't throw to him.

It's probably why they normally only throw him screen passes anymore. Once a game if he manages to catch it then it shocks the defense.

Yeah, JFF, his blocking was actually very helpful to our tackles on Sunday.  But it pays to give him a little screen or dump off here and there if you can catch defenses off-guard just treating him like the 6th O-Lineman. 

One or two attempts per game would be effective if he'd just catch the dang football.
Watch Lee on this one

christian‏ @FBLRave 6h6 hours ago

Marcedes Lewis handles Clowney. Ivory shows he's not #bad.