Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Use of TE/FB (gifs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just thought I'd start a thread on this topic as it's clear that Marrone/Hackett/Flaherty are committed to getting this O-Line to run block and protect the QB.   The way they are using the tight ends and backs to get it done is pretty cool. It's nothing revolutionary, but it's nice to see it done right and they mix it up pretty well too. 

Here's a few highlights of it from just the first quarter of the tinhorns beat-down:

Koyack helps out Cam with JJ Watt:
[Image: giphy.gif]

Bohanon picks up Clowney (who bit on Fournette's initial move inside) and Lewis helps keep the DE Heath out of the play:

Here's Bohanon on McKinney - a classic lead block where the FB gets the LB in the gap between C and LG.  Notice Lewis on the line picking up the OLB as well. 

Next up is Bohanon picking up the box safety who read the run and Lewis helping out Parnell with Clowney to spring Ivory for a big gain.  (Ivory eludes the over pursuing Cushing on his own)

Who's the player Fournette knocks out in Gif #2? Love that run.
(09-12-2017, 06:34 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]Who's the player Fournette knocks out in Gif #2? Love that run.

Starting RCB Kevin Johnson.
(09-12-2017, 06:34 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]Who's the player Fournette knocks out in Gif #2? Love that run.

I made note of that, too.  He lowered his shoulder and took care of him.  Poor CB didn't stand a chance.
I'd seen criticism of Fournette's pad level at some point. Seems misguided, he does a good job of getting his pads down when he should from what I saw Sunday and during my second watching of the game today. Of course when he can just avoid a guy he does a great job of that, too.
(09-12-2017, 06:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]J

Here's a few highlights of it from just the first quarter of the tinhorns beat-down:

WOW --- THIS IS A CHOP BLOCK ON JJ WATT.   PERHAPS WE NEED TO DESTROY THE EVIDENCE AND NOT PLACE IT ON A HIGHLIGHT POST
Here's one where Parnell blocks the DE, Lewis picks up the OLB and Omameh pulls right from the LG spot to make a big hole for Ivory.

As a former o-lineman, Marrone knows all the tricks to create some space for his backs.
(09-12-2017, 07:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 06:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]J

WOW --- THIS IS A CHOP BLOCK ON JJ WATT.   PERHAPS WE NEED TO DESTROY THE EVIDENCE AND NOT PLACE IT ON A HIGHLIGHT POST

Actually I'm not sure that it is. If contact is initiated at the waste or above by the low blocker then it's technically legal even if he ends up low.
Dibs on the signature usage
Love seeing this stuff NYC.

Its hard to fathom how big the gap was between how I thought the Oline would play and how it actually did play.
Individually its not perfect and the right side is still pretty weak but it really seemed like they blocked great as a unit.
Had high hopes for Pat Flaherty when I heard he was signing here and maybe he's actually managed to get them all on the same page.
Very nice GIFs. Thanks NYC4Jags
Thanks NYC4Jags, I have wanted a FB every since we quit using one. On that long Ivory run I wish it showed Lee down field blocking. Hopefully we will see this nice run blocking and schemes all season and im sure we will. Look at Lee on the other Ivory run as well. Lee has turned into one of the better blocking recievers
Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Good stuff! The first two should be areas of improvement. Cam was to go next level and pulled off his assigned block (man). If he would have trusted the TE was coming around and went to next level, that may have gone the distance. The Bohanon on Clowney was the right block but Clowney over pursued to wrong gap and Bohanon could have continued next level to the DB.
I hope we build off that performance and it doesn't turn out to be a fluke. It didn't look like a fluke unless Houston is just that bad but I think they have the same front 7 that has controlled the division the last few years and we dominated them.
Here's one that shows another lead block from Bohanon and you can also see Linder shedding his DT block and getting on to the LB#55.

(09-12-2017, 11:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Here's one that shows another lead block from Bohanon and you can also see Linder shedding his DT block and getting on to the LB#55.

Is that Omameh abusing Watt? Brought to his knees and then pancaked!
On the FB touchdown - you can see they put Koyack and Shatley on the left side and the tinhorns are pretty keyed on Fournette to run middle or left.  Blake and Leonard do a good enough job with the fake that Lewis and Bohanon are able to leak out to the right with very little coverage.

Pages: 1 2 3