Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting read about the Jags & London
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this to be an interesting read. Thoughts?

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-losing-ho...51876.html
Article Title:  "Here's why losing a home game to London benefits Jacksonville and Jaguars"

Yes, we understand but it still totally sucks that we have to pay for 2 preseason games and only get 7 real home games vs 8.  We should get the benefit of moving 1 preseason game to Orlando every 4 years so our preseason vs regular season ratio compares to the other fanbases in the NFL.
So season ticket holders don't get a cheaper price based on only 7 home games?
(09-13-2017, 12:35 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]So season ticket holders don't get a cheaper price based on only 7 home games?

Season ticket holders did get a reduction in total ticket price because they were paying for 9 games instead of 10.  What HURRICANE!!! is suggesting is that pre-season games don't present the same value, if any, as regular season games.  Yet as season ticket holders we pay the same for them.  One could argue that the total cost of a season ticket should be divided by the 8 regular season games, or 7 in this case, as opposed to 10 (or 9 in this case) and to just consider the pre-season ones as free since it's nearly impossible to sell them for anything more than a fraction of face value.  From that view, season ticket holders are paying more than face value for their regular season game tickets as opposed to someone who just buys tickets to each regluar season game the week of.  I like having my same seat more than I'm upset about having to pay full price for two lousy pre-season games though.  And I'll like having first dibs on playoff tickets should we be fortunate enough to earn a home playoff game this year or sometime soon.
(09-13-2017, 12:35 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]So season ticket holders don't get a cheaper price based on only 7 home games?

Season ticket holders in Jacksonville pay some of the cheapest ticket prices in the league.  If we paid any less, we wouldn't be able to support a team at all.   There's just no way anyone in Jacksonville should ever complain about ticket prices, especially when Shad Khan is pumping so much money back into the city.

Anyone who doesn't like ticket prices here should take a look at ticket prices elsewhere. I was sitting in a club seat a couple of years ago when we played New England in a regular season game, and the guy next to me had purchased his ticket from a Jaguars season ticket holder for $700! One single game! And he considered it a good deal!
As far as the ticket prices here in Jacksonville..... we've got it made actually. According to this article written just three weeks ago we have the cheapest in the NFL. Enjoy it now while you can. If this team ever starts winning consistently they'll go up in a heartbeat.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-mo...tickets/2/

I can't believe the Bears actually manage to stay alive in this leauge. $131.50 on average for a ticket? For hot trash? Mannnnnnn. That's crazy.
(09-13-2017, 08:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]As far as the ticket prices here in Jacksonville..... we've got it made actually. According to this article written just three weeks ago we have the cheapest in the NFL. Enjoy it now while you can. If this team ever starts winning consistently they'll go up in a heartbeat.

I can't believe the Bears actually manage to stay alive in this leauge. $131.50 on average for a ticket? For hot trash? Mannnnnnn. That's crazy.

Small stadium in a large market.  I'm surprised they aren't charging more.  I don't even look at ticket prices for Dallas because the owner displeases me.  I was a big Cowboys fan in the 70's and 80's but happily left when I served out of Mayport.
Season ticket holders should be given a London ticket...
getting there should be on the ticket holder, but they should be given in season tickets, imo.
(09-13-2017, 10:31 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 08:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]As far as the ticket prices here in Jacksonville..... we've got it made actually. According to this article written just three weeks ago we have the cheapest in the NFL. Enjoy it now while you can. If this team ever starts winning consistently they'll go up in a heartbeat.

Small stadium in a large market.  I'm surprised they aren't charging more.  I don't even look at ticket prices for Dallas because the owner displeases me.  I was a big Cowboys fan in the 70's and 80's but happily left when I served out of Mayport.

I think the ticket sales are fair for right now. When they start producing a winning product on the field they'll then have the bargaining chip on the table to ask for more. 

I can't stand Dallas either and it's fan base for the most part. They're up there though. Average wise I think they were at $110.00. New England is up there as well.