Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If we beat the Titans will you take Jags seriously?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Are you going to take us serious? 2-0. With a 2 game lead.

Or nah
It would be a good start and definitely something to take notice of but it wouldn't matter if we end up losing the next 3 or 4 after that. One game at a time. But this was definitely a lot better than 0-1.
Of course we will take the Jaguars seriously. Tennessee is a trendy pick to win the division, even more so than Houston. The Titans lost to a team with elite players on both sides so I don't think it means they are overrated. Of course Tennessee could be overrated, but it takes more than two weeks to determine that.
I would think you have to take them seriously at that point. You're now 2 - 0 and 2 - 0 in the division. If the clots can't get Luck back anytime soon or figure out what to do without him in the picture this division is ripe for the taking. And even if and when he does return he's going to have a ton of rust to shake off.

All we have to do is play smart football. The defense can keep us in games or potentially take them over. And as long as we can run it effectively with Fournette and Ivory I think we'll be okay. They're truly keeping the football out of Blake's hands. And that's fine by me. Let him manage the game.

Anything is possible. I haven't been this excited in years since one of our seasons kicked off. It was the highlight of the hurricane weekend and the highlight of this franchise in nearly a decade. That's easily one of my favorite games already in franchise history. We absolutely kicked some [BLEEP] out there on defense. We ran it down their throats too. Ground and pound football. Just like the old days. That's what I like.

Take no prisoners. Take no [BLEEP]. That's the mentality this team needs. It was soft. They've gotten tougher. All those extra reps during the summer time now have paid off by the looks of it. Now you're having Blake toss it 20 - 25 per game instead of 50+ per day during the week. That must be doing something to him. They really dogged this team out.
(09-13-2017, 07:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I would think you have to take them seriously at that point. You're now 2-0 and 2-0 in the division. If the clots can't get Luck back anytime soon or figure out what to do without him in the picture this division is ripe for the taking.

All we have to do is play smart football. The defense can keep us in games or potentially take them over. And as long as we can run it effectively with Fournette and Ivory I think we'll be okay. They're truly keeping the football out of Blake's hands. And that's fine by me. Let him manage the game.

The division is not ripe for the taking after only two weeks. We have to sweep the Texans series. History goes against a Colts sweep - it seems like we split them every year.and Luck will be healthy for at least one of those two games. It could come down to the the game in Nashville or conference record tiebreaker.
OK. So win we, Indy loses and Houston loses. That's my hope. 2-0, 0-2, 0-2, 0-2 would be a great head-start on winning this division.
After re-watching the Houston game, we didn't "take the ball out if Blake's hands" as much as it seems. He actually threw quite a bit in the beginning of that game.
For me, it's how they play the first 4 games. 4-0 or 3-1 and I'm hopping on the division train! Anything less and I'm just hoping for a competitive team with a 7-9 or 8-8 record.
(09-13-2017, 07:41 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 07:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I would think you have to take them seriously at that point. You're now 2-0 and 2-0 in the division. If the clots can't get Luck back anytime soon or figure out what to do without him in the picture this division is ripe for the taking.

The division is not ripe for the taking after only two weeks. We have to sweep the Texans series. History goes against a Colts sweep - it seems like we split them every year.and Luck will be healthy for at least one of those two games. It could come down to the the game in Nashville or conference record tiebreaker.

Yes it is.  Banana

Winning and losing are contagious. Be more positive and optimistic. You remind me of myself exactly a week ago. Lighten up will you!?!?!

[Image: george-carlin-jokes.jpg?quality=100&w=620]
(09-13-2017, 07:46 AM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]After re-watching the Houston game, we didn't "take the ball out if Blake's hands" as much as it seems. He actually threw quite a bit in the beginning of that game.

What was it Vic used to say? Throw to score, run to win?

The Jags did a great job of using the pass intelligently and making the texans flinch in a big way every time Fournette was lined up in the backfield.
I'll be at the game. I've been to 8 games and I'm 0-8. I'm bound to see a win at some point. This has to be it right? Come from Pensacola every time. Gonna get tickets to the Sea. game this year too
If we win on Sunday, I will take them serious. This game is the biggest game in years imo.

A win Sunday puts us at 2-0 and there's a good chance the rest of the division falls to 0-2.
(09-13-2017, 08:40 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]If we win on Sunday, I will take them serious. This game is the biggest game in years imo.

A win Sunday puts us at 2-0 and there's a good chance the rest of the division falls to 0-2.

Yes, but it goes beyond that.

After us, Tennessee plays Seattle then goes to Houston.  After Cincy, Houston goes to New England.  The Colts just plain suck without Luck.

Two of our division foes could easily be 0-4 with two division losses, while one could be 1-3 at best.

If we take care of business on Sunday, it could start an early avalanche that would be hard for the other teams in the division to dig out from under.
(09-13-2017, 08:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 08:40 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]If we win on Sunday, I will take them serious. This game is the biggest game in years imo.

Yes, but it goes beyond that.

After us, Tennessee plays Seattle then goes to Houston.  After Cincy, Houston goes to New England.  The Colts just plain suck without Luck.

Two of our division foes could easily be 0-4 with two division losses, while one could be 1-3 at best.

If we take care of business on Sunday, it could start an early avalanche that would be hard for the other teams in the division to dig out from under.

Wow, didn't realize that. No way Houston beats the Pats.
After a decade of sub-par Jaguars football it's going to take more than one win over a team with a struggling offensive line and who's forte is pass rushing to convince me. I am getting older, but my memory isn't gone yet and I recall that one of our teams long term weaknesses is the seeming inability to turn in good performances consistently; like as in playing winning football two whole weeks in a row.

Yup, starting 1-0 is much better than starting what has been our traditional 0-1 particularly when it came by beating down a media favorite like the tinhorns. Nevertheless... one win (even a beat down such as what was administered to the tinhorns) doesn't mean that much at this point.

Respect has to be earned and one win isn't enough to prove that we're anything other than what we've been for years. Yeah, the national media (was/is/and shall continue to be) non-believers in this team... until they are given good reason to become believers.

...and as I said, one win (though a nice one) ain't enough to prove anything... yet.
(09-13-2017, 09:19 AM)StitchJones Wrote: [ -> ]After a decade of sub-par Jaguars football it's going to take more than one win over a team with a struggling offensive line and who's forte is pass rushing to convince me. I am getting older, but my memory isn't gone yet and I recall that one of our teams long term weaknesses is the seeming inability to turn in good performances consistently; like as in playing winning football two whole weeks in a row.

Yup, starting 1-0 is much better than starting what has been our traditional 0-1 particularly when it came by beating down a media favorite like the tinhorns. Nevertheless... one win (even a beat down such as what was administered to the tinhorns) doesn't mean that much at this point.

Respect has to be earned and one win isn't enough to prove that we're anything other than what we've been for years. Yeah, the national media (was/is/and shall continue to be) non-believers in this team... until they are given good reason to become believers.

...and as I said, one win (though a nice one) ain't enough to prove anything... yet.
A perfectly reasonable and sensible take.

The Jaguars have created a deficit of faith among those of us who should be the most faithful.  They still have work to do.
(09-13-2017, 09:19 AM)StitchJones Wrote: [ -> ]After a decade of sub-par Jaguars football it's going to take more than one win over a team with a struggling offensive line and who's forte is pass rushing to convince me. I am getting older, but my memory isn't gone yet and I recall that one of our teams long term weaknesses is the seeming inability to turn in good performances consistently; like as in playing winning football two whole weeks in a row.

Very true. This team needs to show it's consistent with winning and good performances.
The Jags have to stay hungry. They need to quit patting themselves on the back after an outstanding defensive performance, and get back to business. If they keep the underdog mentality and win this Sunday, I don't think we should start talking division champs yet, but it does give me confidence that this young team may have taken a step forward into maturity
If the defense shows up and harrasses Mariotta like they did Savage/Watson Sunday....we will get back the days where teams had to legit game plan for getting socked in the mouth every snap. Cam/Linder/Parnell play nasty up front and Fournette/Ivory just like to punish people. This will go a long way to showing Mularkey what TRUE exotic smashmouth football is. I hate the tacks. I want them cowed and whimpering by half time and limping out of the stadium. If we are 2-0 by 5pm Sunday we will have a very legitimate shot at winning the division. It sucks being the only team in the division to NOT have a "Division Winner" banner hanging (minus the AFC Central days).

Play hard, play smart, play mean...but most importantly; play to WIN.
When the texans get smashed by the Bengals, will Jags still feel good about their win?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6