Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FIRE JEMELE HILL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ESPN anchor and lead sportscenter host called President Trump a white supremacist and anyone who voted for him just the same. 

She needs to be terminated. Curt schilling talks about transgender bathrooms and gets fired, mike ditka says hes voting for trump and gets fired, jemelle hill calls trump a white supremacist and gets a slap on the wrist.
What did you expect? It's ESPN, the CNN of sports.
Obviously, ESPN needs to have some clear rules about political talk from their sportscasters. Because right now it looks like a double standard.
(09-13-2017, 09:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously, ESPN needs to have some clear rules about political talk from their sportscasters.   Because right now it looks like a double standard.

If she was white, she would have been fired. Just being honest.
Keep in mind that as an ESPN employee she's representing the Disney companies. There's a clear way for people to send a message that politics and sports shouldn't be intertwined. Sports is supposed to be entertainment that is intended to distract us from the polarizing world we live in. ESPN has decided to blend the sports/entertainment world with politics. Not cool.
Never underestimate a person's ability to cut themselves off at the knee. Probably not the smartest decision she's ever made and the backlash is justified considering the precedent that has been set. Step away from Twitter when you're angry about something folks.
Who cares? lol

Just don't watch ESPN.
(09-13-2017, 12:24 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares? lol

Just don't watch ESPN.

Cool. Give the same advice to the people offended by confederate statues. Don't look.
I only tune into or read ESPN if I can't find what I want elsewhere. I used to have it bookmarked, no longer. It's not just the politics either. The quality of their product has noticeably slipped.
(09-13-2017, 12:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Just don't watch ESPN.

Cool. Give the same advice to the people offended by confederate statues. Don't look.
Yea. I agree.

Worrying about Jemele Hill? Shouldn't be a problem. Just change the channel.

Just don't watch ESPN.

Did you really make this connection?
(09-13-2017, 01:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 12:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. Give the same advice to the people offended by confederate statues. Don't look.

Did you really make this connection?

Yep. To suddenly take offense to such a thing because people got bored is laughable. 

Even you can see the double standard going on at ESPN and it is thick.
Lot of snowflakes it seems when it comes to a sports reporter......

Just don't watch ESPN.

Those that are in public places?  Supported/maintained by tax dollars?
Holy [BLEEP], who cares?

I didn't know her name until this came out. She's getting a lot of attention for it but I don't see the big deal. If you don't like how ESPN handles it then quit watching. Quit going to their website and giving them views. Stay off their twitter. It is simple enough.
(09-13-2017, 08:45 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]She needs to be terminated. .

Can't argue there.  I'm sure her contract has a code of ethics/behavior clause so ESPN could fire here without repercussion.
Who cares snowflakes
(09-13-2017, 10:38 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares snowflakes

Here's the thing, the constant barrage of this type of thing from the Left is forcing people to care who otherwise would not. I'd prefer it if no one was fired for his or her political stance, but if it's going to be the standard for people on the Right then in fairness it must be the same for those on the Left. Because it so frequently has not been an equal standard, people like me who only care about equality must be on the offensive with the same zeal as those on the Left else we continue the unequal punishment of just the one side of the spectrum. 

TLDR: What's good for the goose is good for the Lefty.
(09-14-2017, 08:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 10:38 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares snowflakes

Here's the thing, the constant barrage of this type of thing from the Left is forcing people to care who otherwise would not. I'd prefer it if no one was fired for his or her political stance, but if it's going to be the standard for people on the Right then in fairness it must be the same for those on the Left. Because it so frequently has not been an equal standard, people like me who only care about equality must be on the offensive with the same zeal as those on the Left else we continue the unequal punishment of just the one side of the spectrum. 

TLDR: What's good for the goose is good for the Lefty.

Agreed. I'll give an example. Linda Kohn the white female sportscaster on ESPN got suspended because she said that people at her job are talking about politics too much. ESPN response was suspension and I can guarantee it was because she was white.
(09-13-2017, 01:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 01:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Did you really make this connection?

Yep. To suddenly take offense to such a thing because people got bored is laughable. 

Even you can see the double standard going on at ESPN and it is thick.

Yes, I can see ESPN's double standard, as clearly as I see your false equivalency.
Pages: 1 2