Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who will be Kick/Punt Returner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marquise Lee handled our return duties Week 1, but now with A-Rob on the shelf for year, I'm assuming we have someone else handle our return duties.  I would think that we can ill afford to lose Marquise to injury with our receiving core being thinner than it was before.  Do you think Lee keeps the return duties, or do you think we put Cole or Grant back there to try and limit the exposure to injury for Lee?
I'm all in with Corey Grant.
Cole did a good job with punt returns in the preseason. I'd be surprised if he's not at least getting strong consideration for it.
Greene
(09-13-2017, 10:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Greene

You do realize Greene isn't on the team right?
Cole, McCaffery and Myrick all have experience on punt returns. Which one doesn't muff in practice this week gets the call on Sunday.

Grant will likely get the KR duties IF they take Lee off of that unit. They may leave him there as he rarely gets one that's returnable anyway.
I don't care about getting return yards. I care about catching the ball and not catching it. Hell I am fine with a fair catch ever single return if it means no fumbles. Our special teams over the years have fumbled punt returns so much. So who ever is sure handed is good with me. But you are right I don't think its smart to have our now first WR pulling double duty. I am sure they have discussed their options (I hope).

If MacCaffery is a good ball catcher I say him since I cant see him being a huge part of the offense off the bat. But I like when Grant gets touches.
(09-13-2017, 10:13 AM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 10:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Greene

You do realize Greene isn't on the team right?

I think he is on IR so we are paying him. But he certainly is not a guy worth recalling after eight weeks just for punt and kickoff returns.
(09-13-2017, 12:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 10:13 AM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize Greene isn't on the team right?

I think he is on IR so we are paying him. But he certainly is not a guy worth recalling after eight weeks just for punt and kickoff returns.

He is worth recalling if the team needs a punt returner. But he is ineligible to return. 

Luckily the team has four active roster punt returners.
(09-13-2017, 12:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 12:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I think he is on IR so we are paying him. But he certainly is not a guy worth recalling after eight weeks just for punt and kickoff returns.

He is worth recalling if the team needs a punt returner. But he is ineligible to return. 

Because we already have punt returners on the roster recalling Rashad Greene would only make sense if he also is a better receiver than Shane Wynn and Max McCaffrey on offense.
(09-13-2017, 12:42 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 12:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He is worth recalling if the team needs a punt returner. But he is ineligible to return. 

Because we already have punt returners on the roster recalling Rashad Greene would only make sense if he also is a better receiver than Shane Wynn and Max McCaffrey on offense.

Shane Wynn isn't eligible either and Greene is a better returner than he is by a large margin. 

No one knows if Mccaffrey will be a factor at all yet. Greene is a known commodity. 
If he were healthy and eligible they'd most likely have made him active instead of signing another team's PS player. 

But he and Wynn are ineligible to return.

The Jags have a few days to decide between Lee, Cole, Myrick and McCaffery at PR. We'll know Sunday.