Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting article: 5 reasons Trump won
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Article

"Donald Trump has defied all expectations from the very start of his presidential campaign more than a year ago.

Very few people thought he would actually run, then he did. They thought he wouldn't climb in the polls, then he did. They said he wouldn't win any primaries, then he did. They said he wouldn't win the
Republican nomination, then he did.

Finally, they said there was no way he could compete for, let alone win, a general election.

Now he's president-elect Trump.
Here are five ways he pulled off what was unexpected by most and incomprehensible to many."

Number five was interesting: Trusted his instincts

<div>Mr Trump ran the most unconventional of political campaigns, but it turned out he knew better than all the experts.

He spent more on hats than on pollsters. He travelled to states like Wisconsin and Michigan that pundits said were out of reach.

He held massive rallies instead of focusing on door-knocking and get-out-the-vote operations.

He had a disjointed, sometimes chaotic national political convention that was capped by an acceptance speech that was more doom-and-gloom than any in modern US political history.

He was vastly outspent by the Clinton campaign, just as he was during the Republican primaries. He turned consensus wisdom about how to win the presidency on its head.

All of these decisions - and many more - were roundly ridiculed in "knowledgeable" circles.

In the end, however, they worked. Mr Trump and his closest confidants - his children and a few chosen advisers - will have the last laugh. And they'll do it from the White House.
</div>

It will be interesting to see how his instincts and unconventional way of doing things play into his running of a country.

Votes or no votes.  The people didn't decide the outcome so to me it's whatever.  My only concern is that people stay in their lane and don't take it to another level with the racism and other everyday problems in America.  Come to my door then we have a problem but if not then enjoy ya'll Pres.

Quote:Votes or no votes.  The people didn't decide the outcome so to me it's whatever.  My only concern is that people stay in their lane and don't take it to another level with the racism and other everyday problems in America.  Come to my door then we have a problem but if not then enjoy ya'll Pres.
Whether people like it or not, he is everyones president now.
People will laugh, because I'm referencing a reality show that is somewhat scripted - but the points stand on their own.

I like the way he gets to the truth on his show in the boardroom.

He is a really good listener and does an excellent job of guiding a conversation at a discussion table.

He has excellent instincts, and knows what questions to ask to bring out undisclosed information and people's motivations in discussion.

He also knows how get his teams to deliver what is expected, he knows how to not only give clear direction but properly set expectations and hold people to standards.

These are all business skills he performs at an extremely high level, and will allow him to get the most of a properly selected cabinet.

The man is surely no fool, and is extremely effective in communicating and dealing with people in meeting room settings.

Quote:Votes or no votes.  The people didn't decide the outcome so to me it's whatever.  My only concern is that people stay in their lane and don't take it to another level with the racism and other everyday problems in America.  Come to my door then we have a problem but if not then enjoy ya'll Pres.

The people didn't decide the outcome?  Didn't we have an election yesterday?  
Quote:The people didn't decide the outcome?  Didn't we have an election yesterday?  

I was shocked by that comment. If there is an election, people decide who moves into the White House on January 20.
Google election results.  If you read carefully, you will see that hillary actually received more votes from citizens.  Trump won more electoral college votes.  Do the numbers and then holla at me.

Quote:Whether people like it or not, he is everyones president now.
He's not my president.  He just runs the country i happen to be a citizen of.  i've said it plenty of times, come to my house with that trump bs then you'll see.  Keep that within the homes of the trump supporters.  
Quote:Google election results.  If you read carefully, you will see that hillary actually received more votes from citizens.  Trump won more electoral college votes.  Do the numbers and then holla at me.

That is because U.S. territories don't have Electoral College votes. She blew out Trump in Guam.
Quote:He's not my president.  He just runs the country i happen to be a citizen of.  

He is not your president because Obama's term has not ended yet.
I don't blame you dude.  I'd have felt the same way had Mrs. Cankles won...I would not claim her as my President.

Quote:He's not my president.  He just runs the country i happen to be a citizen of.

Stick your fingers in your ears and stomp your feet like a child all you want, but as a citizen of this country, he's going to be your president. Get used to it...President Trump.
Quote:People will laugh, because I'm referencing a reality show that is somewhat scripted - but the points stand on their own.

I like the way he gets to the truth on his show in the boardroom.

He is a really good listener and does an excellent job of guiding a conversation at a discussion table.

He has excellent instincts, and knows what questions to ask to bring out undisclosed information and people's motivations in discussion.

He also knows how get his teams to deliver what is expected, he knows how to not only give clear direction but properly set expectations and hold people to standards.

These are all business skills he performs at an extremely high level, and will allow him to get the most of a properly selected cabinet.

The man is surely no fool, and is extremely effective in communicating and dealing with people in meeting room settings.
I'll have to take your word for it since I have never watched any of his shows. I have absolutely no clue what to expect other than the sound bites, media crucifixion, and stuff posted here. And his reputation in general. I am hoping what you say is true and he surprises us all. 
Quote:Stick your fingers in your ears and stomp your feet like a child all you want, but as a citizen of this country, he's going to be your president. Get used to it...President Trump.

I would like to know how someone who is old enough to vote can possibly not know who his next president will be.

Shut up already.

Quote:I'll have to take your word for it since I have never watched any of his shows. I have absolutely no clue what to expect other than the sound bites, media crucifixion, and stuff posted here. And his reputation in general. I am hoping what you say is true and he surprises us all. 
He's comparing a TV show to how someone will be when they are in office...... Sounds brilliant.

We should make Frank Underwood the next president.

Quote:He's comparing a TV show to how someone will be when they are in office...... Sounds brilliant.

We should make Frank Underwood the next president.

No, I'm talking about qualities he's clearly demonstrated.

That's ok, laugh all you want.  The best president of my lifetime was ridiculed because he was an actor.

Great leaders are great leaders because of excellent work skills they've honed into habit.  Not because of being a career politician.

If you were to reflect on the best teachers you've had and/or the best teachers you've worked with (or the one you even may be,) then you'll see those same traits.
Quote:No, I'm talking about qualities he's clearly demonstrated.

That's ok, laugh all you want. The best president of my lifetime was ridiculed because he was an actor.

Great leaders are great leaders because of excellent work skills they've honed into habit. Not because of being a career politician.

If you were to reflect on the best teachers you've had and/or the best teachers you've worked with (or the one you even may be,) then you'll see those same traits.

I am guessing Reagan? I am not even going to touch that because while I disagree, I do respect and honor him and agree he goes in the good President category.

But yeah there is no comparison between the two. Reagan had been the head of one of the largest states in the US. He brought some experience to the table.
Quote:I am guessing Reagan? I am not even going to touch that because while I disagree, I do respect and honor him and agree he goes in the good President category.

But yeah there is no comparison between the two. Reagan had been the head of one of the largest states in the US. He brought some experience to the table.

Prior to running California he was an actor without experience.

George Washington served the military and was not a politician, and didn't want the job.

You can't say Trump won't do well because of his experience, which he does have a tremendous amount of business and leadership experience.

It's ok to not like him, but intellectually dishonest to assume his lack of political experience makes him less likely to be successful as President.  All the qualities he needs to be one, he already has.
Quote:I would like to know how someone who is old enough to vote can possibly not know who his next president will be.
He will actually be the second president i didn't vote for.  1st vote was for Al Gore and we know how that went. 2nd was Obama, and 3rd was Clinton.  Seems the only time my vote counted  and didn't have some skepticism was for Obama.  Take it how you want but i dont respect America's President; but i will stay here and continue to collect a paycheck.  Just stay away from me with the Trump stuff unless he changes his life and shows he needs to be respected as a man in the next few years.

Pages: 1 2