Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack ranking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I shouldn't look at these stats after one game,but oh well.
He's tied for 2nd in the NFL with 14 tackles.Considering he's still learning, that's nice to see.
Lots of unsung heroes from this last game, but I feel like Jack may be the most unsung. Dude took out every tight end on their roster and one of their receivers with legal hits. He hurt Houston worse than Harvey.
I'm glad he learned to not slide off of the RB like he was doing this preseason. He's always had it in him to get there, but his issue was finishing the play. In this game, he finished... 14 times. Keep that up and we may be able to go back to the original plan with Poz outside.
(09-13-2017, 08:51 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad he learned to not slide off of the RB like he was doing this preseason. He's always had it in him to get there, but his issue was finishing the play. In this game, he finished... 14 times. Keep that up and we may be able to go back to the original plan with Poz outside.

Nah, in base Jack needs to stay outside.  Poz is not a outside LB
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-13-2017, 09:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.gif]
C.J. Fiedorowicz 

TKO Ir
INT that was called back knocking out Ellington:

(09-13-2017, 08:37 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of unsung heroes from this last game, but I feel like Jack may be the most unsung.  Dude took out every tight end on their roster and one of their receivers with legal hits.  He hurt Houston worse than Harvey.

It was actually T-Gip that took out Griffin. 

(09-13-2017, 09:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2017, 08:37 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of unsung heroes from this last game, but I feel like Jack may be the most unsung.  Dude took out every tight end on their roster and one of their receivers with legal hits.  He hurt Houston worse than Harvey.

It was actually T-Gip that took out Griffin. 

Noted. Attaboy to Gipson too.
On Sunday Gipson was playing with ferocity that I'd not previously seen from him, he also popped up in the back field a couple of times. Must be nice knowing he's got Church as a running mate rather than Cyprien.
Myles Jack?
He good.
I was told he can't tackle?
(09-14-2017, 09:56 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]I was told he can't tackle?

Indeed....
Typical preseason over reaction from a certain sect of posters...
(09-14-2017, 09:38 AM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]On Sunday Gipson was playing with ferocity that I'd not previously seen from him, he also popped up in the back field a couple of times. Must be nice knowing he's got Church as a running mate rather than Cyprien.

Cyprien not being on the field and elsewhere, makes everyone else better.  He is that bad
A dude in the Ozone named Jack the BFA, Baby Face Assassin.

I like it, I like it a lot.
He looked pretty good in week 1, much better than the preseason. I just hope our defense can keep it up. Between our pass rush and the way the linebackers were hitting, it was a great game to watch.

Now we need Fowler to cut the untimely penalties (even if it wasn't really a penalty)
(09-13-2017, 08:35 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]I shouldn't look at these stats after one game,but oh well.
He's tied for 2nd in the NFL with 14 tackles.Considering he's still learning, that's nice to see.

Nothing wrong with looking at stats after week one.  We spent an entire off season and preseason grinding gears over the unknown.  Now we are starting to get a feel for what this team really is.  

We all expected the defense to be good, and they certainly lived up to it against the tinhorns, although I think that was more like a preseason tilt with their offense being as bad as it was.  We'll get a much better sense for where we stand this week against the boys from the cousin loving land of Tennessee.  They've got a better offensive line, a better QB, and an actual running game.  If the Jags win this week, it will be a much earned win against a division rival that just happens to be the least popular team around here.
(09-14-2017, 09:56 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]I was told he can't tackle?

I saw some saying he should only be playing Special Teams.
He wasn't even bad in preseason, that's the thing. He had a few missed plays here and there, but so does every linebacker. You could see the talent flashing.
I think it was such a great game for him and that plays largely into his confidence. I also think confidence is such a huge part of an athlete's performance, so this was not only a huge game for week 1, but it means a lot going forward too. He's the kind of player that needed to have a strong showing to set him up well for the rest of the season too.