Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should Obama Pardon Hillary as a Favor to Trump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now, before you answer, hear me out.   If I was Donald Trump, I would go to Obama and say,

"Look, I know I said I wanted to lock her up, but frankly, I have better things to do right now, more urgent things that I want to do, and I do not want to tie the country up in knots and further our polarization by having my Attorney General, Rudy Giuliani, go after Mrs Clinton.  I have so many campaign promises, I just don't need the distraction.  So do me a big favor and go ahead and pardon her, so I can concentrate on my agenda.  I have a wall to build, Mexicans to deport, a big tax cut to get through Congress, a Supreme Court nomination, and on and on.   Pardon her, get this off my plate so I can get on with what I want to do."  

HELL NO! Lock her up!

I'd rather see her locked up.

Lock her up. Just do it quickly and get it over with because there's a ton to fix in Washington DC.
Yes. There has to be steps taken to make sure that she doesn't have classified info still with her, but ultimately its going to help the country move forward. Her foundation doesn't have anymore access to sell. Bigger fish to fry.
trump and hillary are really playing nice in the public.  I cringed when he said we should be appreciative of her service, but I guess he did it for "unification".  Meanwhile, cry baby [BAD WORD REMOVED] all over the country are posting facebook videos of themselves crying and having literal hissy fits over the election.

i think hillary is being friendly (calling him to congratulate) is because she now fears consequences of her not winning.

Nothing to pardon.  Donald, on the other hand, does have a few lawsuits pending against him...

Quote:Lock her up. Just do it quickly and get it over with because there's a ton to fix in Washington DC.

It won't happen quickly.  She has 100 million dollars to spend on lawyers, so it will take years to put her in jail.   If I were Trump, I wouldn't want the distraction.   And this would be an incredible distraction from his agenda.  
Trump is not going to lock her up. You're silly if you actually believed him when he said he was going to do that, he was just playing to his base. You can already immediately tell based off of his election speech he is about to pivot hard to the center. This is just like in 2008 when Obama was threatening to prosecute Wall Street bankers, he only said it because it got people fired up, he was never going to do it. Candidate Trump is going to be a lot different from President Trump and I suspect a lot of you aren't going to like it, but you're naive if you think he is going to continue being as abrasive as he has been. As he said in his speech, he will be the president of all Americans and will attempt to unify the country. He never said anything like that as a candidate, to my knowledge. I suspect his entire campaign persona was simply to get elected as a republican and he will now be more of a moderate figure. He was never a traditional conservative, and barely even had any conservative positions up until 2-3 years ago. He will probably concede to some of the congressional Republicans' agenda to keep them in his pocket but I highly doubt he is going to be even close in overall political ideology with them. He has a chance to be the first president of the people we have had in a long time, maybe since JFK. We will see.

She hasn't been convicted of anything. What's to pardon?
Quote:She hasn't been convicted of anything. What's to pardon?

I think she can be pardoned pre-emptively.  
Quote:I think she can be pardoned pre-emptively.  

Correct.

Even CNN was hosting articles/opinions on it.

If she'd won, she could have pardoned herself.
Couldn't care. Lock her up. Whatever you want. She serves no political purpose now.
Obama has spent the last year talking about making sure he keeps his legacy intact (and how he wanted Hillary to continue his legacy). That's priority #1 for him going forward.

Pardoning Hillary would be incredibly unpopular and do a lot of damage to that legacy, so he won't.

For similar reasons, I don't believe Trump will press to "lock her up."  Even though he probably could rather easily.

There would be far too much political equity to be lost.  Except, rather than taint his legacy in the case of 0bama - it would effectively neuter anything Trump would ever want to get done.  So, I don't think either is going to happen.

Quote:I think she can be pardoned pre-emptively.

Interesting, thanks.
Hopefully, he doesn't stand in the way of prosecuting her, but I don't see him pushing for a case either. No matter how justified it would be, it would look like he's targeting political rivals. Democrats would have a field day with it. 

She doesn't have Comey, Lynch, or Obama to protect her anymore.........

I can just see Rudy G salivating and the chance to put her away........

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-rudoy/breaking-22-million-white_b_10267750.html'>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-rudoy/breaking-22-million-white_b_10267750.html</a>

Doesn't matter. The narrative won and simpletons bought it. It was excellent strategy.
Pages: 1 2 3