Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hats off to Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He lost his way a little, but in the final weeks he got on board with Pence campaigning hard for the top of the ticket. Between he and Walker the Hop might be building something in that state. Their relationship started very rocky. Its not ofte. The speaker of the house calls his party's nominee racist and sexist, or that the nominee then denounces him as part of the problem. But in the end this was a big part of a big night.

The unsung MVP award goes to Ted Cruz. We all remember the convention. It takes a lot of strength to get past what Trump tweeted about him and Heidi. It started with control of internet domains but he made inroads with trump leading to an endorsement and campaigning on his behalf. I think this had a lot to do with evangelical and scotus voters feeling comfortable enough to turn out for him and Levin advocating for him urging people to go vote.

There are others, this started to happen before the first debate and the release of the bush tapes, but we hit a wall of critical mass with republicans uniting behind an admittedly flawed nominee.
still hate Paul Ryan

Quote:He lost his way a little, but in the final weeks he got on board with Pence campaigning hard for the top of the ticket. Between he and Walker the Hop might be building something in that state. Their relationship started very rocky. Its not ofte. The speaker of the house calls his party's nominee racist and sexist, or that the nominee then denounces him as part of the problem. But in the end this was a big part of a big night.

The unsung MVP award goes to Ted Cruz. We all remember the convention. It takes a lot of strength to get past what Trump tweeted about him and Heidi. It started with control of internet domains but he made inroads with trump leading to an endorsement and campaigning on his behalf. I think this had a lot to do with evangelical and scotus voters feeling comfortable enough to turn out for him and Levin advocating for him urging people to go vote.

There are others, this started to happen before the first debate and the release of the bush tapes, but we hit a wall of critical mass with republicans uniting behind an admittedly flawed nominee.

jj82284,  as one of Ted Cruz's greatest supporters,  I certainly appreciate your thoughts.  

I hope and pray that Donald Trump governs in a way that reflects the people who voted for him that want an originalist,  not an activist Supreme Court.  
Paul Ryan kissin [BLEEP] now
Quote:Paul Ryan kissin [BAD WORD REMOVED] now

Yeah, when talking about the election results today, he said "last night, the people said something that no one heard."

No, Speaker Ryan. Last night, the people said something that everyone has heard for a long time. You (Washington politicians) refused to hear it.
Quote:jj82284,  as one of Ted Cruz's greatest supporters,  I certainly appreciate your thoughts.  

I hope and pray that Donald Trump governs in a way that reflects the people who voted for him that want an originalist,  not an activist Supreme Court.  

What exactly is an originalist? 
Quote:What exactly is an originalist? 

It means you interpret the law based on how it is written.

Not what you pretend or invent what you would prefer it to say.