Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offensive line and Leonard Fournette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a pretty good article that confirms what we have been saying for days about game planning, the offensive line, and Leonard Fournette helping Blake Bortles. Nick Shook does not go into as much detail as Bucky Brooks, but was good at just describing our OL, star RB, and game plan as they are.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-road-win
Repeat, then repeat, then it's a trend

Repeat, then repeat, then it's characteristic

Repeat, then repeat, then it's your tendency

I see nothing yet but 1 outing
I've noticed that 4net is especially dangerous running through the LT-TE gap. Marcedes impresses me as a run blocker even more than Kyle Brady, and I loved watching Kyle Brady run block. Meanwhile, Cam has a way of just cramming defenders inside giving 4net all kinds of room to make stuff happen.

It also helps that Linder is able to routinely find key blocks further downfield than any other OLs often giving 4 net room to get to the 2nd level. I feel like 4net was just getting his feet wet opening day, and that we're going to see him breaking out real soon.
(09-16-2017, 01:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that 4net is especially dangerous running through the LT-TE gap. Marcedes impresses me as a run blocker even more than Kyle Brady, and I loved watching Kyle Brady run block. Meanwhile, Cam has a way of just cramming defenders inside giving 4net all kinds of room to make stuff happen.

It also helps that Linder is able to routinely find key blocks further downfield than any other OLs often giving 4 net room to get to the 2nd level. I feel like 4net was just getting his feet wet opening day, and that we're going to see him breaking out real soon.

I also was impressed with Cam Robinson. When I heard his NFL comparison is Erick Flowers I was worried he would not perform like a first round pick. He exceeded my expectations in his one-on-one against J.J. Watt.

Brandon Linder is worth the money we paid him. I am glad we don't need to tag him next year.
(09-16-2017, 01:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2017, 01:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that 4net is especially dangerous running through the LT-TE gap. Marcedes impresses me as a run blocker even more than Kyle Brady, and I loved watching Kyle Brady run block. Meanwhile, Cam has a way of just cramming defenders inside giving 4net all kinds of room to make stuff happen.

I also was impressed with Cam Robinson. When I heard his NFL comparison is Erick Flowers I was worried he would not perform like a first round pick. He exceeded my expectations in his one-on-one against J.J. Watt.

Brandon Linder is worth the money we paid him. I am glad we don't need to tag him next year.

I don't get the people that do these comps.  He looks to me like a young Donald Penn or Cody Glenn
(09-16-2017, 03:41 PM)realtorpat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2017, 01:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I also was impressed with Cam Robinson. When I heard his NFL comparison is Erick Flowers I was worried he would not perform like a first round pick. He exceeded my expectations in his one-on-one against J.J. Watt.

I don't get the people that do these comps. He looks to me like a young Donald Penn or Cody Glenn

People make comparisons based on one trait every year, for every position. I would not put anybody in Donald Penn's class yet, but he is looking good so far.
Not much a RB can do when the offensive line isn't blocking. Which gives a little weight to the argument that you shouldnt draft RBs very high.
(09-17-2017, 03:25 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Not much a RB can do when the offensive line isn't blocking.  Which gives a little weight to the argument that you shouldnt draft RBs very high.

Hard to do anything when your QB flat out stinks.  Stack the box=game over.  We can still improve the O-line no doubt, but QB is top priority.
(09-15-2017, 08:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a pretty good article that confirms what we have been saying for days about game planning, the offensive line, and Leonard Fournette helping Blake Bortles. Nick Shook does not go into as much detail as Bucky Brooks, but was good at just describing our OL, star RB, and game plan as they are.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-road-win

Fournette can't do it all Bortels get on the bench. I'm putting in WHO ?
Don't take running backs top five in the draft, it's equivalent to picking a guard there. When did Kareem Hunt get selected? You can want to be smash mouth all you want but a trash quarterback will dead that quickly and it ain't nothing Fournette can do about it.
(09-17-2017, 03:38 PM)tealfootball Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 03:25 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Not much a RB can do when the offensive line isn't blocking.  Which gives a little weight to the argument that you shouldnt draft RBs very high.

Hard to do anything when your QB flat out stinks.  Stack the box=game over.  We can still improve the O-line no doubt, but QB is top priority.

Again, they aren't stacking the box because they are scared of Fournette as much as they are stacking the box because we are using 1 and 2 WR sets the majority of the time. I'll post the new numbers when they come out, but last week we were 72% 21 or 12 personnel but only 58% stacked boxes so they weren't even stacking the box as much as they should have.

It would be better for Fournette if we ran traditional 3 WR sets like the rest of the league even if we aren't planning on being pass heavy just so it isn't so much of a cluster.
(09-17-2017, 04:45 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 03:38 PM)tealfootball Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to do anything when your QB flat out stinks.  Stack the box=game over.  We can still improve the O-line no doubt, but QB is top priority.

Again, they aren't stacking the box because they are scared of Fournette as much as they are stacking the box because we are using 1 and 2 WR sets the majority of the time. I'll post the new numbers when they come out, but last week we were 72% 21 or 12 personnel but only 58% stacked boxes so they weren't even stacking the box as much as they should have.

It would be better for Fournette if we ran traditional 3 WR sets like the rest of the league even if we aren't planning on being pass heavy just so it isn't so much of a cluster.

Teams have been stacking the box since before 2007.  Maybe one day we will learn we need a winning NFL QB.
(09-17-2017, 04:46 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]Teams have been stacking the box since before 2007.  Maybe one day we will learn we need a winning NFL QB.

Of course we need a franchise QB also, but in the mean time we can help the stacked box problem by not stacking the box ourselves. The numbers are being stacked against us because of our own doing just as much as the lack of respect of our QB is all I'm saying. We could take away our 2nd blocking TE and forcing them to take away a 3rd linebacker. Fournette vs a nickel DB...I'll roll the dice on that matchup.