Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL: Dante Fowler's kick sack should have been 2 penalties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty sure he also hit him in the head. Probably could have been three penalties.
The very definition of incidental contact.
Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

Leave the verbs in English class
Wake me when we get SIXTEEN (16) blown calls in our favor in one game like the Packers did against us last year.
So why not go back and review every call on both teams to determine if it was valid?
and while you're at it....whether illegal contact was incidental, accidental or intentional.....
oh and see if the score should be "adjusted" as well.

This could go on forever.
Every call in every game should just go to Roger in his booth so he can use Commissioner's Perogative to decide if the rule be enforced, ignored, or Super Sized.
(09-16-2017, 06:06 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]So why not go back and review every call on both teams to determine if it was valid?
and while you're at it....whether illegal contact was incidental, accidental or intentional.....

Exactly.
(09-16-2017, 06:06 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]So why not go back and review every call on both teams to determine if it was valid?

Of course, but god knows if you're watching one of the gameday threads every time we run a play that doesn't result in a positive outcome there are a dozen calls for an obvious missed hold or pass interference or whatnot (that get remembered for a long time as was reminded for the thousandth time with the Packers game)...so in the spirit of balance it's probably good to acknowledge and remember that we get away with plenty too.
(09-16-2017, 05:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Wake me when we get SIXTEEN (16) blown calls in our favor in one game like the Packers did against us last year.

You can wake me at 8.  I am so used to the refs obvious missed/bogus calls against us that I have grown numb to them.
(09-16-2017, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course, but god knows if you're watching one of the gameday threads every time we run a play that doesn't result in a positive outcome there are a dozen calls for an obvious missed hold or pass interference or whatnot (that get remembered for a long time as was reminded for the thousandth time with the Packers game)...so in the spirit of balance it's probably good to acknowledge and remember that we get away with plenty too.
The point was not about one missed call that went our way but how for far too long far too many blatantly obvious calls have gone against the Jags.  The phantom calls/missed calls against this organization have been way over the top since 1995 with a few exceptions.
(09-16-2017, 04:21 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]The point was not about one missed call that went our way but how for far too long far too many blatantly obvious calls have gone against the Jags.  The phantom calls/missed calls against this organization have been way over the top since 1995 with a few exceptions.

And the Texans fan in my main fantasy football league was whining all game about how the refs were missing blatantly obvious holding calls against Watt and Clowney last week too. Every fan base notices (or even fabricates) every infraction deemed to go against their interests while magically not noticing ones in the other direction. That's why fan is short for fanatic. I don't think anyone is out to get us.
(09-16-2017, 04:32 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2017, 04:21 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]The point was not about one missed call that went our way but how for far too long far too many blatantly obvious calls have gone against the Jags.  The phantom calls/missed calls against this organization have been way over the top since 1995 with a few exceptions.

And the Texans fan in my main fantasy football league was whining all game about how the refs were missing blatantly obvious holding calls against Watt and Clowney last week too. Every fan base notices (or even fabricates) every infraction deemed to go against their interests while magically not noticing ones in the other direction. That's why fan is short for fanatic. I don't think anyone is out to get us.

A missed call here and there I have no problem with and that is to be expected.  I am talking about a 20 yard spot for Brett Favre and the Packers in 1995 and the blatant missed/phantom calls that leave the announcers calling the game speechless type of calls that seem to plague this organization.  I routinely and openly acknowledge a missed call that goes our way, but the fact is by comparison those type of calls go disproportionately against the Jags.
Lol. Oh well.

Officials are garbage. Who knew?
Or how about the bogus roughing the passer call on their own scoring drive? Or the DPI when clearly Hopkins is pushing off? The refs suck, bias or no bias towards our team. Officials just suck, but to be fair its REALLY hard to do their job and get it 100% right.