Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags TN game today in Jax.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to drop in and tell you I enjoyed the game at Everbank today.  Fans were very nice and classy to me and my group with my Mariota jersey on and I think your defense is very solid but you guys have a need on OL, QB and TE.  

Again I cannot say enough about the fans and the experience at the game.  

I did not think Sacksonville was real because of how bad Houston's OL is and today you saw that TN OL is the real deal.  

I think Jax is headed the right way and I look forward to it being a division between TN and Jax from this point forward.  Both of our teams are ascending while the other two are in decline.  Stay healthy and don't give up on your team.  

The D needs way more than a stud RB to help them out.  Bortles is not the guy.  He is the king of garbage time.  As a LSU alumni I knew this was going to be ugly for LF.  It reminded me of his games against ALA.  Running into stacked boxes and being the sole focus of the defense is not a good look.  It is a shame because he is a special player.  

Henry and LF are a natural rivalry that goes back to college and the fact Henry is from Jax is even better. 

Stay healthy!  See ya in TN later this year.
This team has stuck with Bortles the garbage man way too long.
Thanks for the perspective. But when you need a QB you are not ascending.
Good win for y'all. Crappy display by us. We have played the Bortles experiment way too long.... he's gotta go!
Thanks for taking the high road unlike some of your counterparts on here!

That second half was so frustrating for a Jax fan. Even though we didn't rack up the sacks, we did draw a lot of holds and made Mariota have to move out of the pocket. Which I take as success from our DL.

We all hoped Bortles could manage the games to get us through this year. That doesn't seem to be the case. The frustrating part is even if we get the next great QB in the draft, they rarely make the impact as a rookie.

Does seem like we're second behind you guys right now with Houston and Indy firmly at the bottom.
This Defense is very good. But it is not Raven Bear good. So you need to get the OL and QB fixed. But the D is very good and you wont get blown out much at all. The defense got gassed in the run game because of the offense not because they suck. Walker and Henry were too much. I knew when they pulled Murray for the hammy things would change the game tilted on Jackson's punt return.

I love Fournette as an LSU guy but you need to get him the ball in the pass game. We never did that enough at LSU and it was a mistake.
(09-17-2017, 04:56 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]I love Fournette as an LSU guy but you need to get him the ball in the pass game.  We never did that enough at LSU and it was a mistake.

I agree here 100%. I do not understand Marrone/Hackett's obsession with Ivory
(09-17-2017, 05:13 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 04:56 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]I love Fournette as an LSU guy but you need to get him the ball in the pass game.  We never did that enough at LSU and it was a mistake.

I agree here 100%. I do not understand Marrone/Hackett's obsession with Ivory

IF Ivory gets 3 yards, Fournette would have gotten 5-15 yards on the same play.  Why do we give Ivory the ball?
There was no passing threat. Bortles keeps no defensive coordinator awake at night.
(09-17-2017, 04:56 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]This defense is very good. But it is not Raven Bear good.  So you need to get the OL and QB fixed. But the D is very good and you wont get blown out much at all. The defense got gassed in the run game because of the offense not because they suck. Walker and Henry were too much. I knew when they pulled Murray for the hammy things would change the game tilted on Jackson's punt return.  

I love Fournette as an LSU guy but you need to get him the ball in the pass game. We never did that enough at LSU and it was a mistake.

Adam Archuleta talked about the defense being gassed. That is why some teams prefer run-first offenses even if they have good passers taking the snaps. It worked for the Titans. It was really disappointing how the Jaguars defense struggled to keep up with Marcus Mariota in the pocket.
TN OT dominated today. After ten sacks for their DL to be neutralized was a big statement. Campbell was MIA in the pass and run game. If you look at my posts in the other thread I mentioend casually I thought the Jax DL would get blanked. TN is pretty good at OL. Mack has had zerosacks against TN in 3 years. Conklin and Lewan are studs and it showed up. As soon as it was clear Murray hammy was tight HEnry just came in and got 8 yds a pop. In that heat we had today that was gonna wear the Jag D down. Bortles could not sustain a thing. And LF was not getting a chance. As soon as the got the ball two Titans were on him. Casey and Rakpo really had big games in run D and Williamson was everywhere. Back up S Searcy also made missing Cyprien and non factor but I am not high on him anyway.
what happened to the team we saw last weeK?
(09-17-2017, 05:46 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]what happened to the team we saw last weeK?

Until we see a string of competitive games/wins, then this team is what we've seen the last 10 years (and today).  Last week was a fluke.