Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Just curious about this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bortles is being asked to essentially asked to hand the ball off on every play and throw the occasional slant or screen. Is this normal for a QB going into his 4th year? Is he essentially doing less than a practice squad QB out there? How is it too late to bring in competition when our playbook is like 3 plays?
yeah he's terrible, is it not obvious?
They should have drafted or went after a QB, also where are the tight ends? This front office expects to run the ball and my question is don't teams that pound the rock have tight ends?
Please make sure you use the word essentially one more time.
This team would win the division with average QB play. It's a shame the organization is too dumb to notice.
Doesn't matter who the QB is if the players around him are going to keep committing stupid penalties..
Hurns had his guy beat deep early in the game and [BLEEP] head Bortles wobbled a duck that almost got picked. He can't throw deep anymore.
Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye 12m12 minutes ago
More
Bortles was 11-of-25 for 89 passing yards the entering 4th quarter. He went 9-of-9 for 134 passing yards in the final period. #Vintage
(09-17-2017, 05:58 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]This team would win the division with average QB play. It's a shame the organization is too dumb to notice.

For a change, I agree with you completely.
(09-17-2017, 06:03 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye  12m12 minutes ago
More
Bortles was 11-of-25 for 89 passing yards the entering 4th quarter. He went 9-of-9 for 134 passing yards in the final period. #Vintage

Bortles always does his best when the game is out of reach.
(09-17-2017, 06:03 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye  12m12 minutes ago
More

Pathetic. The defense relaxes is the only reason for the 4th quarter stats. Blake the King of Garbage time along with his league leading 63 TURNOVERS.
It's crazy the minute they actually try to put the ball in his hand he turns it over three times lol. If he could just not turn it over at such a high rate we would be okay. It's bad enough he can't throw the ball but when he turns it over like this....

Man I really thought he was gonna turn a corner.
(09-17-2017, 06:28 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]It's crazy the minute they actually try to put the ball in his hand he turns it over three times lol. If he could just not turn it over at such a high rate we would be okay. It's bad enough he can't throw the ball but when he turns it over like this....

3 years of his garbage stats hasn't shown you he isn't an NFL QB?
Face it, this team surprised HOU last week and it took TEN one week to figure out a solution.  The cackle of Jeff Fisher can be heard for miles.

The D is stout.  DBs can tighten up their cushions.  This team's offense is years away from making the Jags competitive.   Marcedes, awful.  Bortles, too many 4 yard passes on 3rd and whatever.  It pains me to say these things.  I was really looking forward to this team being decent.  

I drank the Kool-aid and I should have drank the Funny Face (Goofy Grape, Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry, Freckle-face Strawberry, Choo-Choo Cherry, Loud-mouth Lime, etc.).
(09-17-2017, 06:30 PM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 06:28 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]It's crazy the minute they actually try to put the ball in his hand he turns it over three times lol. If he could just not turn it over at such a high rate we would be okay. It's bad enough he can't throw the ball but when he turns it over like this....

3 years of his garbage stats hasn't shown you he isn't an NFL QB?

No I know he's trash, I was just really hoping he would play within himself and just try to protect the ball better. It just amazes me, the minute you slightly take the reigns off and let him throw a little more he just turns it over as much as possible. Like he makes it his business to turn the ball over.

It looks like we are back to tanking again. Gotta keep getting that talent....

I kid lol
He cant throw a pass that looks anything like 2 years ago. Hes hurt. He was able to throw those ducks deep. No zip on the ball at all. The 19mil time bomb is coming