Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Alright GOP you got one chance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You have control of the President the Senate and the House no excuses this is your one shot to do something for once.

Eliminate obamacare

Abolish the IRS

Build a wall on the southern border

Roll back taxes across the board

Audit the federal reserve

Not just slow but reduce the deficit

Thats just some of the not crazy promises you guys have made. There's is literally no reason not to deliver on any of it.
I will one up you, as a libertarian leaning Anarcho Capitalist. My dream scenario: 

End Obamacare. 

Abolish the IRS,

Save the audit, end the fed. 

Eliminate the "temporary" Income tax, that has become quite permanent and was never technically ratified. 

Stop Drone bombing 7 countries Obama was bombing most don't know about. 

Stop funding "moderate rebels" that end up being ISIS, or surrendering their supplies to ISIS. 

End entitlements for everyone but disabled, widows, and limit said handouts to temporary use only for people who fall on hard times. 

Make taxation completely voluntary, send us a census on what % of our income we want to spend on certain programs we as individuals want to support. 

I guarantee you wars will end, social security will dry up(save for your own retirement and get a return on it, not let politicians use up your money and everyone else gets a cut too), and plenty of people would still gladly pay for protective services like police and military DEFENSE. I am tired of the use of force being used on the masses to fund every politician's lifestyle and wars. Being elected was supposed to be a civic duty/service to the people, and you were expected to return to your private life, not make a career out of taking other people's money. 

You guys are funny, they're Republicans not Libertarians.
After the Republicans turn the next two years into a smoldering train wreck (and they will because they're as beholden to the party playbook as the Democrats) I hope the door is opened for a strong third party candidate in the next election.
Quote:After the Republicans turn the next two years into a smoldering train wreck (and they will because they're as beholden to the party playbook as the Democrats) I hope the door is opened for a strong third party candidate in the next election.

The American system will always result in a two party system. It's a mathematical certainty. Anyone who thinks a third party is viable beyond local politics is deluding himself.
Quote:The American system will always result in a two party system. It's a mathematical certainty. Anyone who thinks a third party is viable beyond local politics is deluding himself.

Hey, you see any Whigs around here?
Quote:You have control of the President the Senate and the House no excuses this is your one shot to do something for once.

Eliminate obamacare

Abolish the IRS

Thats just some of the not crazy promises you guys have made. There's is literally no reason not to deliver on any of it.
Wait, building a wall isn't a crazy idea?
Quote:After the Republicans turn the next two years into a smoldering train wreck (and they will because they're as beholden to the party playbook as the Democrats) I hope the door is opened for a strong third party candidate in the next election.

I'm not hoping for a trainwreck.  I just hope people see that the majority of his policies that he was elected on (building a wall for instance) are probably never going to happen, and in that sense, he's no different than any politician running before him.  Only a small amount of what he promised is likely to happen, and people will sour on him quickly.   Literally a lot of people are counting on him to be their savior, especially when it comes to jobs.  I just don't see it happening.
Quote:You have control of the President the Senate and the House no excuses this is your one shot to do something for once.

Eliminate obamacare

Abolish the IRS

Going to require a few Democrats to join the repeal Obamacare side at least 8 of them.
Goodbye Obummercare
No excuses if everyone is still poor in 4 years right?...

Think Trump will be seen like Gus Bradley round here by then
I just watched his speech and was actually impressed given the speeches he has made over the last 18 months or so. The one thing I would like to have heard from him regarding his list of things to work on is education. This country suffers greatly because the public schools are understaffed, teachers are underpaid, standards are almost nonexistent unless we're talking common core.

If we don't get kids properly educated then they will not become productive adults capable of earning a degree or a trade for jobs that will actually support families. It's fine to work certain sectors because you're a high school or college student earning money for whatever you need, but these jobs were never meant to be a career. They are not sustainable. Much of what is wrong with this country is due to poverty. Poverty reduction starts with proper education starting day one.

Another thing that hobbles this country is lack of a cohesive family unit, whatever form that takes. When there are not two parents in the home it can be and is a very unstable environment. When you have women with several kids and all have different fathers, or a man has several kids by different women, there is no stability, no respect, no accountability, no actual family dynamic and that screws a kid up with the parents not being much better for it. All of this can lead to instability in life, of which some never come out of.

We as a nation need family cohesiveness and educated children if we ever want to see it as truly great again. Greatness comes not from who the greatest superpower is, how many states are red or blue, what our foreign policy is, and all of the other things that could be listed. It comes from the individual person who comes from a grounded family that teaches (and lives what they teach) accountability, discipline, respect, common courtesy, personal beliefs be it religious or not, etc. An individual who has been well educated from day one, both in school and at home, and understands the importance of that education. An individual who understands the importance of what they learned and passes it down to their children.

In my opinion and from first hand experience these are the two most important things that shape a person, who in turn shapes a family, who goes on to shape a community which turns into a nation. You can't have what you don't work for. You can't work for what is unattainable. You can't attain what is not set before you as both an example and a choice, and you don't have those if you are never shown (taught) you have them.

Eliminate Obamacare Goes without saying, they have to do something "wonderful"

Abolish the IRS Come on now. See below.

Build a wall on the southern border Not just build a wall, it better be on time, under budget and he better be able to mitigate the trade deficit with Mexico so he can say they "paid for it"

Roll back taxes across the board Absolutely. This is the key to the first 100 days of his presidency.

Audit the federal reserve You caught that huh?

Not just slow but reduce the deficit The real story of this election in the coming years will be the dollar/electoral vote from Trumps side. I think that without question, this will be the most efficient campaign in the modern era. At the same time, he was always able to get his message out and defeated the most well funded political machine in the history of the country and a news media that abandoned all pretext of objectivity to pile on in record numbers. He drastically reduced cost while increasing value. He has to do that with the federal budget. That's why he was elected. The backdoor to his future inroads with the libertarian populace has to be that he can reduce spending by at a MINIMUM paying 20 dollars for a hammer instead of 200 and selling the American people that just because the federal expenditures may by negative year over year that they aren't loosing meaningful services in the short term. The ice rink story is a great story.

You're absolutely right, he does have a chance, a chance most people don't understand. For the next 4 years, there are going to be a lot of people who didn't support him that are going to be watching him like a hawk. Not Howard stern clips, not billy bush Clips, nothing of the like. He has the presidency of the United states, and the ability to build his own record. If he can deliver on the basic promises of his candidacy and connect with those who may be in the same ideological universe but had reservations about him then he could cement the re-writing of the electoral map that we began to see last night.

P.s. he better appoint originalists!

Eliminate obamacare
Abolish the IRS

The Agenda for the first 100 days is going to be aggressive, but I don't think they're eliminating the IRS.  Hopefully a Trump presidency at least pulls back on some of the political targeting that has been going on there. I do expect to see them try to simplify the tax code dramatically, but eliminating the IRS all together is probably a little bigger than one administration.

It'll be interesting to see who he puts in charge of the Treasury Department.  I would love to see him bring someone in who has been a STRONG advocate for auditing the Fed.  Maybe Ron Paul wants a short term gig?
Quote:Going to require a few Democrats to join the repeal Obamacare side at least 8 of them.

No, they can use what they call "reconciliation" to repeal a lot of it.  Simple majority, no chance to filibuster.   I think that's how it got passed in the first place. 
Quote:The Agenda for the first 100 days is going to be aggressive, but I don't think they're eliminating the IRS.  Hopefully a Trump presidency at least pulls back on some of the political targeting that has been going on there. I do expect to see them try to simplify the tax code dramatically, but eliminating the IRS all together is probably a little bigger than one administration.

It'll be interesting to see who he puts in charge of the Treasury Department.  I would love to see him bring someone in who has been a STRONG advocate for auditing the Fed.  Maybe Ron Paul wants a short term gig?

It'd be kind of dumb to eliminate the IRS when the government is funded by taxes.  
Quote:Going to require a few Democrats to join the repeal Obamacare side at least 8 of them.

We can only hope at least 8 have come to their senses since then.
Quote:It'd be kind of dumb to eliminate the IRS when the government is funded by taxes.  

Not really.  Economies around the world have payment systems.  They process nearly instantaneously.

The IRS, as is, is misused and bloated.  Doing things they were never intended to do.  The regulations themselves are a labyrinth of wasted time and money.

It needs to be re-formed, not just reformed.

But, I don't see anyone having the guts to be so bold.  There's too much misinformation and fear from those who want to keep it old and antiquated, and reject progressive thoughts on replacing the IRS and taxation with a better model.
Quote:Not really.  Economies around the world have payment systems.  They process nearly instantaneously.

The IRS, as is, is misused and bloated.  Doing things they were never intended to do.  The regulations themselves are a labyrinth of wasted time and money.

But, I don't see anyone having the guts to be so bold.  There's too much misinformation and fear from those who want to keep it old and antiquated, and reject progressive thoughts on replacing the IRS and taxation with a better model.

I think it's possible, but not right away. The beauty of Trump winning is that he can start the process. He might even be able to accomplish it if he simplifies the tax code enough to make the IRS irrelevant.
Quote:Not really.  Economies around the world have payment systems.  They process nearly instantaneously.

"Changing the tax system" which I am for, is not the same as "eliminating the IRS."   All the IRS does is enforce the current tax code.  It's not their fault the tax code is written the way it is.  

Of course, if you go to a national sales tax, or a VAT, or something similar, the IRS would take on a whole different form.   That's fine with me.   But just saying "Eliminate the IRS" without saying "change the way we pay and collect taxes" would be kind of stupid. 
Pages: 1 2