Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Recap from Tacks @ Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tacks 37 failuars 16

The Jags were in it until midway through the third with both defenses controlling the game, but after a few costly turnovers the titans offense took control of the game while the defense gave up (understandably).

1. BB5 is not our QB of the future, he continues to show us this and we need to draft a QB high next year, that we can trust to take control of this team. This being said I still think we can make the playoffs this year with BB5 leading this team because our favorable schedule. BB5 has confidence issues that we cannot rely on going forward, if nothing goes wrong he plays well the whole game, if he makes one mistake whether he fumbles the football or throws a pick he becomes terrible for the next few drives making things worse.

2. We NEED a TE almost as bad as we need a QB!! I am surprised more people do not mention this but I find it to be our biggest problem on offense (Outside of BB5 making mistakes) all the time. We have no one down the middle to throw to unless it is our wideouts making the cut inside (which for whatever reason they tend to drop pretty often). We need a big target in the middle of the field with secure hands that Bortles/future QB can throw to.

3. Penalties are absolutely KILLING us. I remember one drive in particular where it was either 6-3 or 9-3 and we were driving down the field already in field goal range and the momentum totally on our side. BAM 10 yard penalty it is 2nd and 20 we are out of field goal range and Blake gives away possession. For me, it was that drive that ended the game because the momentum swing was to hard to come back from and like I said about Blake he needs that good momentum and positive outlook to keep on moving forward he is not the type of captain to save a sinking ship unfortunately. Outside of that play the penalties were awful I feel like every single time we made a good play we had to bring it back and lose yards because of a flag on the same play or the next play. This for the most part comes down to coaching.

4. Offensive play calling is so boring and predictable. Their is a problem when I, a fan of football, who doesn't study football like it is my job can literally guess when we will run and when we will pass on 95% of our downs. We are pretty much guaranteed to run on every first down unless we are in garbage time and being down so many points. The only reason why it worked vs the Texans is because they stunk it up and couldn't stop us. We are not a good enough team to be considered "they know whats coming and they still can't stop it". Most teams with good enough players/coaching staffs will know exactly what is coming and will stop it which is why our running backs just get stuffed. Oh and just a side note and everyone once in a blue moon when we do decided to PA or throw on first down (which I have to keep on reiterating but it almost never happens) we are 100% certain to run on 2nd down. This is how 95% of our drives go: 1st down we run it and if it works we run it again on 2nd down if it doesn't we will either run or throw short which rarely sees us get a first down unless our WR makes someone miss. On 3rd down we are always in a position to be forced to throw it and when we do we always throw it behind the first down marker for whatever know reason but if we are not and lets say we are 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 we will run it. Only down worth watching on this team is 2nd down because everything else is predictable.
play calling was a big reason for the result of that game.
(09-18-2017, 04:42 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]play calling was a big reason for the result of that game.

You are so on point, Browntrouser!

Play calling was huge!

Mike Mularkey and his staff did an outstanding job..,.
(09-18-2017, 04:48 PM)z_keeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2017, 04:42 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]play calling was a big reason for the result of that game.

You are so on point, Browntrouser!

Play calling was huge!

Mike Mularkey and his staff did an outstanding job..,.

Wish we had a coach like that Mularkey.....wait....crap
TLDR; We still suck.
(09-18-2017, 04:52 PM)Thundersnow Wrote: [ -> ]Wish we had a coach like that Mularkey.....wait....crap

You did...

...you just never gave him a team/chance...
Play calling? Are you trying to tell me that running LF on sweeps to the sideline isn't a good idea? Come on!
Mularkey is a far superior playcaller. His exotic smash mouth offense is truly something to behold. Evident in his calling of a WR screen to Eric [BLEEP] Decker in Week 1.

Takeaways from the game: Titans are the far superior team and BDH is going to run through the Jags D for many years to come.