Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida Times Union - Jaguars’ punt coverage team ranks at the bottom in the NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jaguars’ punt coverage team ranks at the bottom in the NFL

http://jacksonville.com/jaguars/sports/2...bottom-nfl

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone considers his special teams such a priority that some of his starters play on both the kickoff and punt coverage teams.
But there wasn’t anything special about their punt co
...and you're surprised?

Maybe you just like kicking a man when he's down?
Not good.

However - We're only two games in and they just churned the bottom of the roster during preseason - affecting the personnel on this coverage unit.

DeCamillis can likely sort this out moving forward. Off to a rough start there, but it's a lot more fixable than the QB spot at least.
I thought we specifically targeted ST coverage guys with our late round draft picks? I didn't like it when we did it and I like it even less now. Those types of guys should be targeted in after the draft. There are plenty of UDFA's who excel at kickoff and punt coverage and you don't need to waste draft picks on them. Especially when you have holes to fill on offense.
Only 2 games. Should look again towards the end of the season. Though this past Sunday..ouch.
We actually signed a bunch of ST free agents, then ended up cutting nearly all of them. It's no wonder we're sucking..
Adoree is also the best punt returner in the league possibly ever, and the sample size is low.
But but we hired DeCamillis