Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ravens vs. Jaguars pregame talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think we are ready to move on after a blowout loss to the Tacks. New week, new opponent. Last year we nearly beat the Ravens, losing by less than three points with less talent on defense and the offensive line. I am looking forward to seeing how upgrades at many positions will help us reverse what happened a year ago when the Ravens came to Jacksonville. Can we rebound from an ugly loss to a division rival? Of course. We dominated another division rival the week before that. Is it probable? Stay tuned.

Obviously we can't fly to London expecting to score a lot of points. Their defense is not going to allow a shootout and ours won't either barring some major injuries to key players. So the most important keys to winning are probably dominating TOP and keeping Baltimore out of the end zone. I want to see a lot of running plays and time-consuming TD drives.

If you are not sure about your ability to watch the game, check out the thread for that. Kickoff is at 9:30 ET (2:30 GMT).
(09-19-2017, 02:41 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I think we are ready to move on after a blowout loss to the Tacks. New week, new opponent. Last year we nearly beat the Ravens, losing by less than three points with less talent on defense and the offensive line. I am looking forward to seeing how upgrades at many positions will help us reverse what happened a year ago when the Ravens came to Jacksonville. Can we rebound from an ugly loss to a division rival? Of course. We dominated another division rival the week before that. Is it probable? Stay tuned.

Obviously we can't fly to London expecting to score a lot of points. Their defense is not going to allow a shootout and ours won't either barring some major injuries to key players. So the most important keys to winning are probably dominating TOP and keeping Baltimore out of the end zone. I want to see a lot of running plays and time-consuming TD drives.

If you are not sure about your ability to watch the game, check out the thread for that. Kickoff is at 9:30 ET (2:30 GMT).

I think we will see a much better team than from the weekend. I think they'll be fired up for the London crowd and wanting to right a few wrongs.

I'll be there with my wife, son and friends. Cannot wait!

Incidentally, we also played Ravens in week 3 last year.. I was at that game too.. I certainly don't expect to be wearing shorts and t-shirt this time around, though.
Which defense shows up? The one that crushed the tinhorns or the one that gave up 31 freaking points in a half to the stinking flaming tacks?

If it is that D from last week the Jags will be beat badly.

Probably come down to kicker quality which is unfortunate for us.
(09-19-2017, 02:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Which defense shows up? The one that crushed the tinhorns or the one that gave up 31 freaking points in a half to the stinking flaming tacks?

If it is that D from last week the Jags will be beat badly.

Probably come down to kicker quality which is unfortunate for us.

If that's the case, I'll enter the field of play and take the kicks..
(09-19-2017, 02:54 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case, I'll enter the field of play and take the kicks..

Frangie " In for the kick it's Darlo, It's a 40 yarder folks, here's the snap, he sweeps his leg.....Oh, only about 25 yards short folks. Better luck next time." Big Grin
(09-19-2017, 02:57 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2017, 02:54 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case, I'll enter the field of play and take the kicks..

Frangie " In for the kick it's Darlo, It's a 40 yarder folks, here's the snap, he sweeps his leg.....Oh, only about 25 yards short folks. Better luck next time." Big Grin

Hey!! I'm ambidextrous I'll have you know...

Only, in my case it means I'm completely useless with both feet.. rather than just one.
(09-19-2017, 03:03 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!! I'm ambidextrous I'll have you know...

Only, in my case it means I'm completely useless with both feet.. rather than just one.

So basically what we've got? Wallbash

Really, Myers didn't fair to badly last game. Although he wasn't tasked with much either.
A lot of people in my area think Baltimore's 2 wins are a fluke and they are not really that good.....

I mean, look at their opponants the 1st 2 games, The Bengals and Cleveland......

I mean I think we are better than the Bengals and I KNOW we're better than the Browns so.......

Like someone said, it depends on which Defense shows up.......

Here's the spread

Baltimore -4 At Jacksonville (London) 39.5
(09-19-2017, 03:13 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of people in my area think Baltimore's 2 wins are a fluke and they are not really that good.....

I mean, look at their opponents the 1st 2 games, The Bengals and Cleveland......

I mean I think we are better than the Bengals and I KNOW we're better than the Browns so.......

Like someone said, it depends on which defense shows up.......

Here's the spread

Baltimore   -4 At Jacksonville  (London) 39.5

It's easy to say that when you only look at records. Cleveland could have defeated Pittsburgh despite temporarily losing DeShone Kizer, who had a migraine. (How he returned later I would like to know.) Baltimore seems to blow out Cleveland almost every time, so no surprise there. I think there is no question we are better than both Ohio teams by far.

Does -4 mean we have 3 points for being the "home" team despite the fact it is a neutral site?
(09-19-2017, 04:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2017, 03:13 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of people in my area think Baltimore's 2 wins are a fluke and they are not really that good.....

I mean, look at their opponents the 1st 2 games, The Bengals and Cleveland......

Like someone said, it depends on which defense shows up.......

Here's the spread

Baltimore   -4 At Jacksonville  (London) 39.5

It's easy to say that when you only look at records. Cleveland could have defeated Pittsburgh despite temporarily losing DeShone Kizer, who had a migraine. (How he returned later I would like to know.) Baltimore seems to blow out Cleveland almost every time, so no surprise there. I think there is no question we are better than both Ohio teams by far.

Does -4 mean we have 3 points for being the "home" team despite the fact it is a neutral site?

-4 means Baltimore is the 4 point favorite
I think we will win this week. They have a beat up offensive line. The titans line is legit. I see the defense eating on a beat up Flacco and an under manned oline

Jags 20 rat birds 10
(09-19-2017, 04:46 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we will win this week. They have a beat up offensive line. The Titans line is legit. I see the defense eating on a beat up Flacco and under man o-line.

Jags 20 rat birds 10

Their OL was already downgraded in the offseason before it got banged up. I assume you mean undermanned. Joe Flacco is healthy now, but I think we can still get to him early and often. It would be sweet to see the Ravens give up 20 points instead of score that many.
Flaccid isn't as mobile as mariota as well. Additionally they lost Yanda who was the best guard in football, so we we should have an interesting time on the interior of that OLine, if Malik and Campbell can crash the center it will be a long day for flacco.
(09-19-2017, 06:50 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]Flaccid isn't as mobile as Mariota as well. Additionally they lost Yanda who was the best guard in football, so we we should have an interesting time on the interior of that O-Line, if Malik and Campbell can crash the center it will be a long day for Flacco.

First things first, will Malik Jackson be able to play? I only know he left the game with a groin injury and did not return.

Calais Campbell should have a field day with whoever tries to block him. I don't expect four sacks against a better QB, but he should bring a lot of pressure to Joe Flacco.

Edit: We may be underrating Baltimore's offensive line. FWIW Shaun O'Hara ranks that group #4 despite the loss of Marshal Yanda.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nates-jets
After two weeks I can't resist checking out an opponent's message board, perhaps because it is not an AFCS team this time. The official Ravens board does not have anything yet, so I checked out another one called Purple Flock. I LOL when I saw the OP in this thread. Warning: Purple Flock does not have a profanity filter.

This Ravens fan is scared:

Quote:I don't see this as a W anymore. Campbell is a monster and he's going to obliterate us. No Yanda to help, we're (bleep).

This Ravens fan is ignorant:

Quote:Yeah, the Jags-Jets game was the London game I remember that game was broadcasted where I'm at

A third Ravens fan has an interesting idea:

Quote:The winner of this game will probably be whatever team's defense scores more.

A fourth Ravens fan knows better:

Quote:I'm more concerned about our offense vs their defense

https://purpleflock.com/threads/243/

My impression is most Ravens fans are optimistic about their team beating ours after reading only four pages.
(09-19-2017, 06:50 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]Flaccid isn't as mobile as mariota as well. Additionally they lost Yanda who was the best guard in football, so we we should have an interesting time on the interior of that OLine, if Malik and Campbell can crash the center it will be a long day for flacco.

Stanley will be their only OL starter who played at his position last year.

Their OL wasn't that good to begin with, but losing Yanda is an absolute killer. On paper, our DL should give them trouble all day long. 

Flacco is far better than Savage is, but in terms of being a statue, they're pretty damn even. This DL shouldn't have any troubles getting to, or hitting Flacco.
(09-19-2017, 10:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Stanley will be their only OL starter who played at his position last year.

Their OL wasn't that good to begin with, but losing Yanda is an absolute killer. On paper, our DL should give them trouble all day long. 

Flacco is far better than Savage is, but in terms of being a statue, they're pretty damn even. This DL shouldn't have any troubles getting to, or hitting Flacco.

Joe Flacco has never been sacked 10 times in a game, but if Baltimore's OL is anything like the one that can't protect Eli Manning, I like our chances.
That offense has such a lack of talent it's shocking. I can see a very similar outcome to the Texans game. Ramsey and Bouye can eat crumpets and sip tea while covering the bums they trot out at WR. They don't even have a reputable TE like Walker to mismatch on defense. Their RBs are mid-round draft busts too... Categorically worse offense than the Texans. Heck Flacco didn't even complete double digit passes week 1.
(09-19-2017, 11:39 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]That offense has such a lack of talent it's shocking. I can see a very similar outcome to the Texans game. Ramsey and Bouye can eat crumpets and sip tea while covering the bums they trot out at WR. They don't even have a reputable TE like Walker to mismatch on defense. Their RBs are mid-round draft busts too... Categorically worse offense than the Texans. Heck Flacco didn't even complete double digit passes week 1.

Jeremy Maclin is no bum. I hope that Jalen follows him around, because I can see him burning A.J. for a long gain.
The Ravens red zone D is the best thing they got going for them. If Myers is on his game I can see the Jaguars pulling off a 9-7 win... On second thought he may need one more, a game winner for a 12-10 win. You know Jaguars-Ravens games can get a little crazy near the end. 
Pages: 1 2 3