Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Suspect in Starbucks robbery may sue man who stopped him
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Snowballs chance in hell he'll win, but then again, this IS California

Suspect in Starbucks robbery may sue man who stopped him

A man credited with stopping a robbery of a Starbucks in July might now be sued by the suspect, over wounds the would-be robber received from the Good Samaritan.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Star...213420.php
I have no words. Some people are making it harder for us decent folks to do the right thing.
(09-20-2017, 06:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I have no words. Some people are making it harder for us decent folks to do the right thing.

Those people are called lawyers.   Cool
Even if armed, I wouldn't get involved in a situation like this unless threat of injury to someone was imminent. Let the punk go with a little bit of money and let the popo do their job. No sense in escalating it.

Hopefully a judge throws this out as frivolous, but I doubt it. The good Samaritan will probably be stuck spending thousands defending himself before he finally 'wins' the case.
(09-20-2017, 10:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Even if armed, I wouldn't get involved in a situation like this unless threat of injury to someone was imminent. Let the punk go with a little bit of money and let the popo do their job. No sense in escalating it.

Hopefully a judge throws this out as frivolous, but I doubt it. The good Samaritan will probably be stuck spending thousands defending himself before he finally 'wins' the case.

I agree with not getting involved unless absolutely necessary, but stupid crap like this makes a person not even want to react when necessary.
This has stupid written all over it.

The guy was robbing a store at "gunpoint" even though the gun that he had was fake.

A customer engaged with him and the perp is the one that pulled the knife.  The customer was able to take the knife away and use it to defend himself.

The complaint (lawsuit) is about "17 stab wounds".  Me personally, if I was in that situation the perp would have gotten a few .45 pills and would be laying in a morgue.
(09-20-2017, 11:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]This has stupid written all over it.

The guy was robbing a store at "gunpoint" even though the gun that he had was fake.

A customer engaged with him and the perp is the one that pulled the knife.  The customer was able to take the knife away and use it to defend himself.

The complaint (lawsuit) is about "17 stab wounds".  Me personally, if I was in that situation the perp would have gotten a few .45 pills and would be laying in a morgue.

Aren't you a [BLEEP]? /s