Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kudos for Omameh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PFF is saying that Omameh is one of a dozen OGs to not allow a pressure this past Sunday.

Sorry I can't find the link. There's a photo from PFF going around social media.
(09-22-2017, 07:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]PFF is saying that Omameh is one of a dozen OGs to not allow a pressure this past Sunday.

Sorry I can't find the link. There's a photo from PFF going around social media.

Except for Cam's bad play last week there haven't been that many protection issues so far that I can recall. Of course maybe Blake's just getting it out so quick I haven't noticed.
(09-22-2017, 07:15 PM)(for SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2017, 07:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]PFF is saying that Omameh is one of a dozen OGs to not allow a pressure this past Sunday.

Except for Cam's bad play last week there haven't been that many protection issues so far that I can recall. Of course maybe Blake's just getting it out so quick I haven't noticed.

Cam was very good in Week 1. He only allowed one sack so far. Unfortunately it happened to be the strip sack.
(09-22-2017, 07:15 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

While I'm not the biggest fan of Cam as a LT, he is a rookie and no matter how good they are, there will be growing pains along the way. if nothing else, just getting used to the speed of the NFL. I'm gonna wait until after the season to make a total assessment of how good/bad he is. I can forgive one bad game, as long as it doesn't become a habit.
(09-22-2017, 07:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]While I'm not the biggest fan of Cam as a LT, he is a rookie and no matter how good they are, there will be growing pains along the way. if nothing else, just getting used to the speed of the NFL. I'm gonna wait until after the season to make a total assessment of how good/bad he is. I can forgive one bad game, as long as it doesn't become a habit.

What position would you prefer to see Cam play? More importantly, who else do we have to play left tackle better than he does?
(09-22-2017, 07:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2017, 07:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]While I'm not the biggest fan of Cam as a LT, he is a rookie and no matter how good they are, there will be growing pains along the way. if nothing else, just getting used to the speed of the NFL. I'm gonna wait until after the season to make a total assessment of how good/bad he is. I can forgive one bad game, as long as it doesn't become a habit.

What position would you prefer to see Cam play? More importantly, who else do we have to play left tackle better than he does?

Negative 40...lol
I think its awesome he and cam are doing so well. I think part of that strip sack was the fact they were doing so well bortles wasn't expecting it
(09-22-2017, 07:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe Cam would best be suited as a RT, but we're so pencil thin at LT, he has to play there. We literally have no other decent options at LT.
(09-22-2017, 08:11 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Now he just needs to work on this:

https://twitter.com/fourverts/status/910585804837310464

Yeah, I did a study of the Jaguars running game week one, and Omameh was by far the weakest link in their run game. Cam Robinson, Brandon Linder and Marcedes Lewis are their strengths especially with FB Tommy Bohannon leading the way. Cann and Parnell are just ok, although Cann played the run surprisingly well week one.

Simply put, Omameh has no power as a run blocker and looking at this video you'd have to question his skill set as well. Omemeh does seem athletic and can get out there on screens, but even when he pulls his lack of power is quickly evident. That said, the Jaguars scheme works around Omameh in the run game so his abiltiy to play lights out in pass protection should be enough to secure his starting position. 

(09-23-2017, 12:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2017, 07:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]What position would you prefer to see Cam play? More importantly, who else do we have to play left tackle better than he does?

I believe Cam would best be suited as a RT, but we're so pencil thin at LT, he has to play there. We literally have no other decent options at LT.

With only the one whiff so far, I've become a huge fan of Cam at the LT spot, and I see him starting there for a good 10+ years.
Eugene monroe, huh?
(09-23-2017, 12:35 AM)Achilles Wrote: [ -> ]Eugene monroe, huh?

Already edited to Marcedes Lewis. That's not the first time I've confused their names.

I do believe Marcedes is the best run blocking TE in the league. He's better than Kyle Brady.
There is a reason Lewis keeps getting extensions. He's unfortunately our best olineman over he last ten years..... oh wait...

I wonder how his career would have gone if they made him put on 50lbs and move to RT or something lol