Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marcedes Lewis was great in London
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember when most Jaguars fans seemed to think he can't catch passes and is just a good blocker?

He probably did not know about our criticism, but did a great job disproving many of us. Three touchdown catches are not accidental. He earned all of them.

I am not going to call him a great TE because of one good game, of course, but you have to give credit where it's due - and that goes to #89.
(09-24-2017, 01:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when most Jaguars fans seemed to think he can't catch passes and is just a good blocker?

He probably did not know about our criticism, but did a great job disproving many of us. Three touchdown catches are not accidental. He earned all of them.

I am not going to call him a great TE because of one good game, of course, but you have to give credit where it's due - and that goes to #89.

One good game does not make up for the years of dropped passes.
He had a career game today.
(09-24-2017, 01:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 01:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when most Jaguars fans seemed to think he can't catch passes and is just a good blocker?

One good game does not make up for the years of dropped passes.

Did you fail to read the last line of my post?
(09-24-2017, 01:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]He had a career game today.

Yes, the commentators called him the star of the game. I am not surprised he was the player Alex Flanagan interviewed.
A golden day for our favorite lumbering giraffe.

He had the stick-um on those waffle irons today.
(09-24-2017, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]A golden day for our favorite lumbering giraffe.

I have no idea what this means.

Marcedes Lewis does not make me think of giraffes.
(09-24-2017, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]A golden day for our favorite lumbering giraffe.

He still tried to make that first TD catch look harder than it should of though. He definitely had to pull a quick second clutch on it.

Was good to finally see him make some plays in the passing game.
(09-24-2017, 01:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]He still tried to make that first TD catch look harder than it should of though. He definitely had to pull a quick second clutch on it.

Why do you think he would do that?
(09-24-2017, 01:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

He still tried to make that first TD catch look harder than it should of though. He definitely had to pull a quick second clutch on it.

I'm amazed they continued to scheme him into the passing game as much as they did.  Clearly I'm thrilled it paid off, but I was pretty ready to diminish his receiving role to the bare minimum. 

Glad they didn't do that today.
(09-24-2017, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 01:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]He still tried to make that first TD catch look harder than it should of though. He definitely had to pull a quick second clutch on it.

I'm amazed they continued to scheme him into the passing game as much as they did.  Clearly I'm thrilled it paid off, but I was pretty ready to diminish his receiving role to the bare minimum. 

If only we had a really good Tight End.
(09-24-2017, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm amazed they continued to scheme him into the passing game as much as they did. Clearly I'm thrilled it paid off, but I was pretty ready to diminish his receiving role to the bare minimum. 

It is like what they call redemption for a player who has been struggling and finally has a breakout game.
I really wonder why they don't get Benn more involved. He has size and good hands. Maybe he's not getting open.
(09-24-2017, 01:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]I really wonder why they don't get Benn more involved. He has size and good hands. Maybe he's not getting open.

Because he is a WR and Hackett wants throws to the TE?
Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis has career day in win over Ravens

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...ver-ravens

LONDON – Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles completed 31 passes in the first two games. None were caught by tight end Marcedes Lewis.
Bortles attempted 55 passes in the win over Houston an
I imagine Marcedes will actually be part of an opposing defense gameplan now.
(09-24-2017, 02:25 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine Marcedes will actually be part of an opposing defense game plan now.

It is not like Baltimore's defense had no game plan for Lewis. They had no idea we changed our game plan for him.
I can't believe he finally caught on
(09-24-2017, 02:41 PM)13Coronas Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe he finally caught on

I knew he had to have a good game this year, but did not expect it to be this week.
Pages: 1 2