Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Houston Texans at New England Patriots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now that we have put ourselves back in first place with a 2-1 record, it is time to root for the Patriots even if you hate them because, unfortunately, they are 2-0. If Houston wins we will be only a half game ahead in the division, which is not good enough. GO PATRIOTS!
We hold the tie breaker with Houston, I'm more concerned with the Seattle-Tennessee game. We need a Seattle win today to maintain 1st place in the division. Then the Colts can fall to 0-3 today if our "Luck" holds outs
(09-24-2017, 01:30 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]We hold the tie breaker with Houston, I'm more concerned with the Seattle-Tennessee game. We need a Seattle win today to maintain 1st place in the division. Then the Colts can fall to 0-3 today if our "Luck" holds outs

Andrew Luck was ruled out before the first practice last week. It will be a while before we have to worry about the Colts.

My point was we want to be 1.5 games ahead to avoid falling behind next week. But yes, I am more concerned about Tennessee's chances of beating Seattle.

Anyway, who is watching this game? I turned on the TV thinking it would be shown here but nope, this is borderline Dolphins/Jets territory for CBS.
Announcers just called that Watson's first interception of the year. Lol no.
Not official without the ***********
(09-24-2017, 01:52 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Announcers just called that Watson's first interception of the year. LOL no.

They must have stopped watching the Texans after Tom Savage was benched in Week 1.
Houston is sticking around, down by 1, plus Clowney got a clean shot on Brady that he won't soon forget.

Clowney TD off a Brady turnover. 20-14 Texans.
This game is making me feel even better about this team.
Houston's D is making Brady look old.
Much closer than I expected, but I still expect NE to pull out a win. As much as I love when NE loses, would prefer them to win this one.
How are the Texans this good in Foxborough? Apparently our division isn't as bad as we think.

Watch the Titans blow out Seattle.
Houston's secondary is awful.
(09-24-2017, 02:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Much closer than I expected, but I still expect NE to pull out a win. As much as I love when NE loses, would prefer them to win this one.

Same here. A few years ago I had to keep reminding myself to root for New England for a game in Houston.

(09-24-2017, 02:17 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]How are the Texans this good in Foxborough? Apparently our division isn't as bad as we think.

They weren't good at all in Foxborough a year ago.
The division is ticking me off! Clots and tinhorns with decent showings.
(09-24-2017, 02:40 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]The division is ticking me off! Clots and Tinhorns with decent showings.

There is plenty of time left for both teams to lose.
Ugh, the Texans are only trailing by 8 points and have the ball. Wallbash

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017092407...&tab=track
They aren't trailing by 8 any longer.

This has been a solid game.
The color announcer seems to be clueless on some of these replays.....
So is NE this bad this year? Is Houston pretty good? (Making our win more impressive) or is this just one of those "Any Given Sunday" games?

I'm going to say the last one. But this is 2 rough showings for NE out of 3 games.
(09-24-2017, 03:11 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't trailing by 8 any longer.

This has been a solid game.

It looks like I am missing an entertaining game based on the box score.
Pages: 1 2 3