Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3001: The Last Hope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the first books that I fell in love with was the fourth book in the Space Odyssey Series by Arthur C. Clarke 3001: The final Odyssey. 

Anyone who remembers the movie 2001 knows that the series itself was a TAD out there, but surprisingly, there is one big similarity.  In the series, the major antagonist is the Monoloith, a mysterious manifestation of an alien force.  In the final book, humanity uses all of its technological advancement to finally disable it, and it's potential influence on our solar system. 

Looking out at the future of the GOP, it's very existance is threatened by the emerging monolith in the minority precincts.  Even if Trump Wins, he will probably loose the minority vote in this country between 2 to 1 and 3 to 1.  Over the course of time, that is simply unsustainable. 

At some point, there is going to have to be a directed, consistent and conserted effort to go into minority communities and make the case for Freedom and self determination. 

For the last 50 years, the GOP has approached this problem by appealing as Marxist LIGHT more competent to manage the bulky interventionist bureaucracies that the left builds.  This has one fatal flaw.  It affirms the basic PREMISE that marxist leftist econmic policies are inherently good for minorities.  IF that's the case, what use would anyone have for the stuffy boring guys who don't have Jay-z at their rallies?

I think the foundation of this outreach has to be to uplift, preserve, promote, and protect the basic self esteem of the minority goups themselves.  By that i mean, I don't vote for politicians to solve my problems or do things for me.  I vote for the politician that best understands that I am the best arbitor of my fate and will get the farthest out of my way.  Their job is to preserve the environment best for my success and the success of society not pick winners and losers.

The left goes out of its way to try and tell people that they cannot survive or thrive in absence of a big intrusive government LOOKING OUT FOR THEM. 

Over the next decade the GOP can look at the emerging demographics as a growth oppurtunity to sell people on their own oppurtunity or they can be pushed into the political wilderness, perhaps for a long time.