Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The unsung heros against Baltimore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This offensive line!  Bortles had a clean pocket most of the day.  I don't believe he even took a sack. 

The playcalling!  It seemed  Bortles was checking out of plays when Baltimore loaded the box.  The team threw much more on fist down.
(09-24-2017, 08:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]This offensive line!  Bortles had a clean pocket most of the day.  I don't believe he even took a sack. 

The playcalling!  It seemed  Bortles was checking out of plays when Baltimore loaded the box.  The team threw much more on fist down.

Didn't they say Bortles is the best in the league on 1st down?
(09-24-2017, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 08:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]This offensive line!  Bortles had a clean pocket most of the day.  I don't believe he even took a sack. 

Didn't they say Bortles is the best in the league on 1st down?

Yes they did.  Bortles throws for over 90% completion rate on first down.  Fournette scares team so they are playing the run.
(09-24-2017, 08:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't they say Bortles is the best in the league on 1st down?

Yes they did.  Bortles throws for over 90% completion rate on first down.  Fournette scares team so they are playing the run.

So clearly Bortles needs to throw on first down and then we run the other 2.
(09-24-2017, 09:13 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 08:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they did.  Bortles throws for over 90% completion rate on first down.  Fournette scares team so they are playing the run.

So clearly Bortles needs to throw on first down and then we run the other 2.

I did not see or hear anything that implies Blake Bortles is bad throwing on second and third down.
(09-24-2017, 09:19 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 09:13 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]So clearly Bortles needs to throw on first down and then we run the other 2.

I did not see or hear anything that implies Blake Bortles is bad throwing on second and third down.

I did, he clearly said he was bad on those downs
I believe they said he was 28% on second downs. Something like that.
(09-24-2017, 10:18 PM)wpbjagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I believe they said he was 28% on second downs. Something like that.

And I think he said 43% On 3rd
According to Oehser Bortles was at least partly responsible for not getting sacked.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...7b341cf151
Rotors showed much better pocket awareness today. There were times when he sensed the rush and avoided being sacked. It was a much improved effort by the line, but Bortles definitely deserves some of the credit because there were breakdowns.
The offensive line has been pretty good in the first 3 games. Only two sacks allowed I believe thats tied for second best. I know sacks aren't the only thing that counts but thats impressive especially if you compare last year.

I was also a bit in a panic when Cam hurt his ankle a bit haha
(09-25-2017, 08:33 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]The offensive line has been pretty good in the first 3 games. Only two sacks allowed I believe thats tied for second best. I know sacks aren't the only thing that counts but thats impressive especially if you compare last year.

I was also a bit in a panic when Cam hurt his ankle a bit haha
2 sacks is like night and day compared to the last 5 years.

Robinson is going to be a very good LT for a long time on this team. He's a rookie and he's already faced Clowney, Watt, Mercilus, Orakpo and Suggs. He's held his own with all of them. He got beat against the Titans but hey.... no one is perfect.

They have faced 3 good defenses and are somehow 2-1. I love it. Mondays are so much better lol
Yes definitely OL. Ravens have a decent front so this is good. Blake looked comfortable. I think he only had one of those "oh no" throws.
So there was a thread about ivory getting too much playing time, but for pass coverage and catching out of the back field ivory has been pretty legit and is looking like yeldon could be expendable. Additionally, if ivory keeps up, then we'll have that same bonus the titans have in that we will have two brusiers who cam both pass catch and block in the back field so there won't be a tell. Im sure the moment yelson is in teams know pass because he is know.as the better pass blocker
(09-25-2017, 08:59 AM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]So there was a thread about ivory getting too much playing time, but for pass coverage and catching out of the back field ivory has been pretty legit and is looking like yeldon could be expendable. Additionally, if ivory keeps up, then we'll have that same bonus the titans have in that we will have two brusiers who cam both pass catch and block in the back field so there won't be a tell. Im sure the moment yelson is in teams know pass because he is know.as the better pass blocker

Going along with this topic, it says a lot when Yeldon has been a healthy scratch and Grant is getting time.