Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Point Differential- Jags 1st
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For whatever it’s worth, the Jags currently hold the best point differential in the NFL at +38.  I’ve always found this stat to be a sneaky indicator of future success/regression.  Yes there are outliers and the significance is diminished by only having a 3 game sample size, but I thought it was worth pointing out. Let’s keep it up.  Coaching has been blatantly improved. 

League-wide Top 5 as of today:

1. Jags                 +38
2. Chiefs               + 36
3. Rams (Shocker) + 32 
4. Lions                 +22
5. Falcons              +21

Bottom five:

1. Colts                -37
2. Giants              -33
3. Bengals            -27
4. Niners              -25
5. Bears               -22
We have done this against some solid teams too. Houston was a playoff team, nearly beat New England. Tennessee a 9 win team who has taken another step forward, beat Seattle, and a "legit" 2-0 Ravens team with an "elite" defense. We smoked 2 of the 3 and had 2 really awful quarters vs. the tacks. Take away the 2nd half of the tacks game and we look really good, damn near top 3 teams in the AFC good. Kind of makes you wish we didn't collapse in the 2nd half vs the stinkin tacks!
And they said those garbage time TDs weren't worth anything.
Just stop a minute a realize after three games into the season, the Jaguars have won TWO.
Gentlemen....we finally have a team. Still needs some work.....but by the bye week....we'll lose that "because Jaguars" thing.
The scary thing about the Jags is we have already played 3 of the top 5 hardest games on the schedule, cake walk city. Also my favorite stat is we are #1 in defensive yards per play at 4.2 and Pats are dead last at 7.1
(09-25-2017, 06:23 AM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]And they said those garbage time TDs weren't worth anything.

Laughing
Something that is interesting about this team is that we are tops in very specific categories such as point differential, three and outs, third down conversion rates, qb rating against, sacks, pressures etc.. I’m seeing very interesting stats that this team has never even got close to before and that is really exciting.
They'll have some up and down games probably as they're still young and coming together. The talent is there and finally coaching!
I'm pretty sure we're living in the Twilight Zone right now.
To be fair... this was the ratbirds first trip to london. How many games have the jags played there. Surely this factors in, the travel, the time difference. I'm sure the jags have this down better than a team on its first gig. What did the jags do their first game in london?
(09-25-2017, 10:24 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Something that is interesting about this team is that we are tops in very specific categories such as point differential, three and outs, third down conversion rates, qb rating against, sacks, pressures etc..  I’m seeing very interesting stats that this team has never even got close to before and that is really exciting.

Who could guess that adding Bouye, Campbell, and Church to an already top ten defense would vault us to the top?
(09-25-2017, 11:52 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 10:24 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Something that is interesting about this team is that we are tops in very specific categories such as point differential, three and outs, third down conversion rates, qb rating against, sacks, pressures etc..  I’m seeing very interesting stats that this team has never even got close to before and that is really exciting.

Who could guess that adding Bouye, Campbell, and Church to an already top ten defense would vault us to the top?

I found an article last year where pff had Calais Campbell as like a top 5 or 10 most disruptive player when rushing the passer. I also ways knew he was good but never knew he would create this much havoc freeing up other guys. As far as Church, he a good piece to sure up that back end. Bouye is a monster. Adding to dominant players like that is incredible.
(09-25-2017, 11:51 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair... this was the ratbirds first trip to london. How many games have the jags played there. Surely this factors in, the travel, the time difference. I'm sure the jags have this down better than a team on its first gig. What did the jags do their first game in london?

Looked it up. The jags lost to the niners by 32 points their first london game. I dont think they beat the snot out of the ratbirds otherwise. Not saying they couldnt win, just adding insight to the crazy point diff..
(09-25-2017, 12:00 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 11:51 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair... this was the ratbirds first trip to london. How many games have the jags played there. Surely this factors in, the travel, the time difference. I'm sure the jags have this down better than a team on its first gig. What did the jags do their first game in london?

Looked it up. The jags lost to the niners by 32 points their first london game. I dont think they beat the snot out of the ratbirds otherwise. Not saying they couldnt win, just adding insight to the crazy point diff..

Just asking; was that the first time the 9ers were there too or had they played there before?
This could be a worry.. I hope we don't become complacent..

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Well the game was so dominated by the Jaguars I can't chalk it up to the Ravens first trip to wembley. If the game was 20/10 or something like that then I may agree, but the Ravens would have had to been sleep walking to get pummeled like that. There is no excuse for the beating the Ravens were handed.
(09-25-2017, 02:04 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Well the game was so dominated by the Jaguars I can't chalk it up to the Ravens first trip to wembley. If the game was 20/10 or something like that then I may agree, but the Ravens would have had to been sleep walking to get pummeled like that. There is no excuse for the beating the Ravens were handed.

Flacco looked pretty sleepy during warmups. Yes te jags beat the snot out of em, just curious if flacco took the offense out to the pubs the night before
(09-25-2017, 12:13 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 12:00 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Looked it up. The jags lost to the niners by 32 points their first london game. I dont think they beat the snot out of the ratbirds otherwise. Not saying they couldnt win, just adding insight to the crazy point diff..

Just asking; was that the first time the 9ers were there too or had they played there before?

Yes, so that negated JFs comment about any advantage/disadvantage.

The Jags who went 4-12 that season were outscored by 182 points so losing significantly to a team that went 12-4 wasn't a surprise.   Actually, the extreme opposite of a 4 point underdog (100-1 to win the SB) crushing their opponent (who is at 25-1 odds to win the SB)
(09-25-2017, 03:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 12:13 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Just asking; was that the first time the 9ers were there too or had they played there before?

Yes, so that negated JFs comment about any advantage/disadvantage.

The Jags who went 4-12 that season were outscored by 182 points so losing significantly to a team that went 12-4 wasn't a surprise.   Actually, the extreme opposite of a 4 point underdog (100-1 to win the SB) crushing their opponent (who is at 25-1 odds to win the SB)

Thats alot of math. I could have used you in my analytics department. Fisherball/moneyball
(09-25-2017, 04:07 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 03:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, so that negated JFs comment about any advantage/disadvantage.

Thats alot of math. I could have used you in my analytics department. Fisherball/moneyball

It all starts with a simple equation ....  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaX9ZptbnQ3VQZs4kKsum...yjLU2ENz4Q]