Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Washington Vs. Clinton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It may surprise some, but there was actually a time when there were no Statutory Term limits on the presidency.  This was expressly because the country as a whole thought that Washington, the first presdient under our current constitution, was so moral and so just that the executive would be safe in his hands. 

But Washington saw it differently.  In a climate where the country would have Gladly seen him serve in the high office until his last breath, he took leave of office after his second Term.  He believed that the essence of our Democracy was in allowing new leaders to be elected at regular intervals to ensure that power was never concentrated with one person or interest group for too long.  This established a Tradition, more than a century long, that Presidents, no matter how popular, would serve a maximum of two terms in office. 

This tradition held until 1940, the last time that a progressive decided to annoint themself a defacto monarch history be __________

This begs the question.  IF Hillary wants to take credit for a CO-Presidency during the 90's what makes her time in public service so much more exceptional than Washingtons (THE MOST QUALIFIED PERSON TO ASSUME THE PRESIDENCY) that she feels the need for her family to have another 4-8 years in the oval?

As Sec of State, Hillary only gets something like $50 mil to $100 mil for political favors.... but as Pres she can get like $500 mil for favors.

Quote:As Sec of State, Hillary only gets something like $50 mil to $100 mil for political favors.... but as Pres she can get like $500 mil for favors.

You can't get into the billionaire club by aiming low. Grifters can aspire too.
I'm OK with FDR, the times required continuity in the Office.

Hillary isn't fit to Polish FDRS canes.
Quote:I'm OK with FDR, the times required continuity in the Office.

Yeh, I was going to mention that... At least he can say that he helped save the world...  I mean that's something.
Quote:I'm OK with FDR, the times required continuity in the Office.

Not even... if Hillary polished FDR's canes, she might overhear something that's confidential.